Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So my SA confirmed they can release the VIN and place a hold as far out as 2/25. I think they meant 2/23 since my OD was 11/25 and it's supposed to be 90 days, not 3 months.

Gonna sleep on it and let 'em know in the morning. I have -never- been in a rush and was always happy with the original February advertised delivery date for specific reasons related to my 2021 retirement and early 2022 cash flow. Waiting an additional 4-6 weeks is not a deal breaker for me, and if it gives me a chance to accept delivery on a nearly $60K car that avoids immediate buyers' remorse, I'm okay with that too. :)
Where did Elon say this?

Not sure where you saw that. If you go and order a Model 3 right now it says 2.49% on Tesla's website.
Tesla arranges loans with banks such as Wells Fargo and US Bank. Those, and all others, raised their auto loan rates that they offer the general public overnight by .10%. Tesla probably sells the loans in bulk and they may still have access to money at the old rate, especially for those of us who were "guaranteed" the old rate.

While Tesla may be a mystery to us, financial markets are not. Rates have been low for years but after a rise in inflation in December of 7%, expect loan rates to rise...more.

I wanted to drop this information here so that people know they might be able to get more information about their orders out of their service advisors:

Quick context: I ordered my 2022 M3 LR AWD White Ext, Black Int, 18" Wheels on 12/04/21. I do not have a VIN or anything like that.

I initially had a January 6th - February 12th EDD and then around a week ago got pushed to a February 7th - March 7th EDD.
A friend of mine wants to buy my current car (the one that my Tesla will be replacing) and made an offer on it yesterday. I don't want to sell my car if my Tesla is going to take a month or two to get here so I decided, "What the heck. Let me give my local service center a call and speak with an advisor. I know everyone on the forums says advisors don't know much that we don't, but it won't hurt to try."

I called, and to my surprise, the advisor I spoke to told me that he was able to see my car is scheduled to be built on January 31st, and the current arrival of the car at the service center is February 12th. He said to expect a VIN in the next couple of weeks. I was so happy that he was able to give me this info, especially since I don't have a VIN yet. I told him about people on the forums saying that their advisors didn't have any info to give and he said that certain advisors are more helpful than others, lol.

Just wanted to throw this info out there so that people who maybe would like to know this info, at least it was available for me, and I don't even have a VIN.
I was told my car would be built on the 12th by one SA and my main SA said I shouldn't have been told that. Probably a rough estimate and they don't want to set expectations. I don't have a VIN (source code or anywhere) and haven't heard anything yet.

If you don't put in your financial tasks, you're not really in line. I ordered mine on 8/30, put in financial info on 11/29, which I believe is the actual date the real wait started. Still waiting that is.

Can others confirm this is true? When I placed the order the Tesla rep said I can deicide on financial part once I am closer to delivery date.

So should I put in cash option right now even through i plan on taking loan out later?

Reactions: sniraula
This is correct. Not finishing financial task == you aren’t in line.
Hi , I assume you are referring to submitting your information that will get submitted for credit approval? If so where is the source for this you mention? With volatile EDD it is a risk that you will bounce outside finance approval window.

SA told me the following and it is posted on the website:

When do I apply for Tesla Financing or Leasing?
You can apply any time after you place your vehicle order. Finance approvals are valid for between 30-60 days, so we advise you apply for financing once you are within that time frame of delivery. Leasing approvals are valid for 90 days.

I have held off on completing this and have had my EDD move out ( assuming it is due to other factors not whether or not i have submitted financing yet)--currently at 03/03/2022 thru 03/31/2022 for MSM/Black/ 18'' no FSD with OD of 11/21. Loc : Kansas City.

thanks!

Our first EV….waiting patiently!
Delivery Long Island, NY
OD - 11/8 MSM, black, no FSD
Order put on hold right away
Hold released on 12/29
1st EDD on 12/31: 2/25 - 3/25
2nd EDD on 1/1 : 1/18 - 2/1
Update

3rd EDD: 1/30 - 2/27
4th EDD just now: 1/28 - 2/9

Not sure it means anything when they narrow the window. From reading this forum, I’m not getting excited yet!

Reactions: CarlThompson
You will never get a VIN if you don’t select cash or financing. The order will just sit until automatically cancelled.
I ordered in April and I got a VIN without doing any tasks (I was trying to delay to see if BBB would pass). I did 3 holds and the last one came off automatically right after Thanksgiving. After that I got an EDD of Feb 7-Mar 7 and it's been like that ever since. I'm in Milwaukee WI.

Everyone keeps referring to "My SA", but do you really have a person you are dealing with, or just calling Tesla and getting whoever answers the phone? I definitely DO NOT have an SA. In fact, when I was in the showroom/store in the mall, I asked the person who helped me if I should deal with him going forward and how to make sure he got credit and he said, we don't work that way, so don't worry about it....
When I first placed my order I was contacted by my SA. She called and sent me a text. She was very responsive. I placed my order on hold for a couple of months. Once I took the order off hold, I texted her numerous times and did not receive a response. I called to ask some questions and was told they could not help and only my SA could give me information. After explaining several time that I have not been able to make contact with my SA, they said they would send her a message. About five hours later my SA texted me.

I ordered in April and I got a VIN without doing any tasks (I was trying to delay to see if BBB would pass). I did 3 holds and the last one came off automatically right after Thanksgiving. After that I got an EDD of Feb 7-Mar 7 and it's been like that ever since. I'm in Milwaukee WI.
Yep - as confirmed by SAs, if you haven’t completed financing information, you will still remain in line to get a VIN, you just won’t be prioritized for immediate delivery opportunities.

For example, if someone rejected delivery of a car that matches your configuration in your area, and that car unexpectedly becomes available for delivery to someone else, you are unlikely to get that call. Another buyer who has completed their financing profile will probably be prioritized since they’re ostensibly ready and willing to take delivery immediately.

When I first placed my order I was contacted by my SA. She called and sent me a text. She was very responsive. I placed my order on hold for a couple of months. Once I took the order off hold, I texted her numerous times and did not receive a response. I called to ask some questions and was told they could not help and only my SA could give me information. After explaining several time that I have not been able to make contact with my SA, they said they would send her a message. About five hours later my SA texted me.
I've been contacted by a different SA each time they wanted to get in touch with me. On responding back to ask a question, usually the same SA replied back. But if it's been a few weeks between communications, it's a different SA.