Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did your paperwork say 50 miles? Just curious if mileage on paperwork for a brand new car usually says 15 miles. Also any way to tell the build date based on the VIN?
My 22 shows 15miles, pretty sure my 20 said 50 in it. Its just a placeholder number where they tested it. It will have less than that but not 0.

Go to carvana and look at the carfaxs, they will all show something similar

Just got A VIN (157XXX) and delivery range of 1/29-2/2. Not really concerned about the chip; we're upgrading from a 1999 Volvo V70 XC.
Hi All. First post, long time reader. I just had my EDD pushed back a couple of weeks.

MRLR/Blue/Black/Aero/NO FSD; DC area

OD: 10/7/2021, advertised EDD: December 2021
10/10/2021 EDD: 11/10 - 11/28/2021
11/8/2021 VIN Assigned: EDD 11/24 - 11/28/2021
11/20/2021: Placed on hold until 12/20 (with the hope I wouldn’t get another VIN until after the new year waiting on BBB)
12/12/2021: Hold came off automatically, EDD: TBD
1/2/2022 EDD: 2/17 - 3/17/2022
1/4/2022 EDD: 1/12 – 1/26/2022
1/7/2022: Contacted Tesla since EDD was 5 days away and did not have VIN. Was told no VIN was assigned yet and would likely have delivery date pushed back.
1/8/2022 EDD: 1/24 – 2/7/2022

Sales tax is not based on where you buy a vehicle. I purchased my boat, two cars and now the Tesla in Oregon and Washington got their sales tax since they are registered in Washington.
I meant within the state of Washington. Obviously if you go to Idaho or wherever and don't pay tax at time of purchase you are legally required to pay it when you register. But yes, if I purchase a car in a different county than the one I live then I pay whatever the sales tax rate is where I am buying that car within the state of Washington.

And if I want to avoid the rta tax then I change the address of where the car is registered to outside the rta tax area. Not legal but also not difficult.

Reactions: Shmesla
I meant within the state of Washington. Obviously if you go to Idaho or wherever and don't pay tax at time of purchase you are legally required to pay it when you register. But yes, if I purchase a car in a different county than the one I live then I pay whatever the sales tax rate is where I am buying that car within the state of Washington.

And if I want to avoid the rta tax then I change the address of where the car is registered to outside the rta tax area. Not legal but also not difficult.
Ah got it. Good point.

I do live in Cowlitz which is close to the lowest tax rate in the state 🙂 not much but it's money in my pocket.

First post…

Recently ordered a Model 3 Long Range, red with stock wheels, no FSD. Ordered on January 4, with estimated delivery in March here in Lenoir City with the delivery center in nearby Knoxville, TN. Pleasantly surprised when they upped the projected delivery to January 10 to February 4. Disappointingly since pushed back to February 20 to March 20. So it goes.

As an aside, our daily driver now is a 2018 Honda Clarity PHEV. 60,000 trouble free miles so far. A great car, giving us an EV for local driving and a hybrid that gets 42 mpg for road trips. No complaints and we‘re deciding whether to keep it for impromptu road trips where we don‘t want to hassle with charging.

42503164170_77f2a5a2d5_z.jpg

But I have a definite feeling the Tesla, when it arrives, will totally spoil us.

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155. EDD - TBD.

Going to call Tesla on Monday to check if it's a Ryzen. If not, I'm likely going to postpone it. I know some people are coming from other cars and regardless whether if it's Intel Atom or Ryzen would still be a huge upgrade. I'm coming from 2021 SR+, which I sold due to crazy used car market and upgrading to LR. Anyone that has driven Model 3 in the past knows the pain of WAITING for backup camera to show up, the occasional screen black outs, occasional slow loading of maps. Typical lags due to slow CPU. I don't know if Ryzen is going to fix all that, but at least I know it's going to be better than Atom, so the worst case scenario is to delay delivery for a few weeks.

For those that are checking all sources, my vin showed up in the App, not on the website. It does have accepting vision agreement, so perhaps that's the new indicator if the vin is assigned or not. VIn also shows up in the source code.

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155. EDD - TBD.

Going to call Tesla on Monday to check if it's a Ryzen. If not, I'm likely going to postpone it. I know some people are coming from other cars and regardless whether if it's Intel Atom or Ryzen would still be a huge upgrade. I'm coming from 2021 SR+, which I sold due to crazy used car market and upgrading to LR. Anyone that has driven Model 3 in the past knows the pain of WAITING for backup camera to show up, the occasional screen black outs, occasional slow loading of maps. Typical lags due to slow CPU. I don't know if Ryzen is going to fix all that, but at least I know it's going to be better than Atom, so the worst case scenario is to delay delivery for a few weeks.

For those that are checking all sources, my vin showed up in the App, not on the website. It does have accepting vision agreement, so perhaps that's the new indicator if the vin is assigned or not. VIn also shows up in the source code.
I just got a 155 VIN this morning. It will be interesting to see if we get the same chip.

Reactions: Crany
Regarding waiting for backup camera with the Intel Atom chip how serious long is the wait really? Like 10 seconds or more? If it is below 10 seconds it should be fine I think.
Longest was over 2 minutes.... Had to restart computer. I'd say on average this happens once every two weeks when the back up camera refused to show me anything, the average wait time when that happens, I'd say around 15-30 seconds. YMMV, just my personal experience with ONE data point.

Note that you can still drive the car, reverse by looking back through the rear window., just like the good old days. I'm spoiled.........