Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another person on reddit said 2 different advisors told them the new Ryzens were only being installed in Model Y's and they were installing the rest of the Intels in the Model 3. Which honestly makes sense. I'm sure they have a ton of intel that would just go to waste.

I had a feeling that Tesla might decide to put the Ryzens in the cars with the higher unit profit for them (Model Y) and use the worse chips in the cars with the lowest (Model 3) to add one more lever to help drive buyers to the Y. That sucks. Well, I don't want a Y. Even though I sold both my previous cars already I'll wait as long as I have to in order to get an upgraded 3 or it will always be something I remember and annoys me when I drive the car. (I'm weird that way.) If it gets to be too long maybe I'll just buy the Polestar or i4.

Order Update:

09/26/21 Ordered

09/28/21 VIN offered, requested hold - wanted 2022. Held placed until 01/01/22

12/29/21 Hold came off automatically. TBD showed until 01/03.

01/03/22 February 12 - March 12

01/04/22 January 8 - 22

01/09/22 January 14-28

01/15/22 AM HOURS January 18-28

01/15/22 1130PM PST VIN & Vision agreement. Delivery by 22nd date available.

VIN 1583XX

I had a feeling that Tesla might decide to put the Ryzens in the cars with the higher unit profit for them (Model Y) and use the worse chips in the cars with the lowest (Model 3) to add one more lever to help drive buyers to the Y. That sucks. Well, I don't want a Y. Even though I sold both my previous cars already I'll wait as long as I have to in order to get an upgraded 3 or it will always be something I remember and annoys me when I drive the car. (I'm weird that way.) If it gets to be too long maybe I'll just buy the Polestar or i4.
Makes sense to me too that they equip the Model Y's first with the Ryzen and then afterwards the Model 3. I am fine with either processor or either 12V battery and will not delay my delivery.

Got it. Though I do like to see if the EDD changes. :) And I've never been notified about that. Each time I get closer or into the EDD range (without a VIN), it gets pushed back again. Since my EDD is now Jan 21-Feb 18, I am guessing I'll get a 4th EDD this week, or a VIN. So, I pop into the app to check. I should also add that we just moved to a new home on 4 acres, and we only have one car between us, as it made sense for me to sell my last car before we relocated. So - I am very eager to have a car again. :)
I currently have the same EDD (Jan 21 - Feb 18).

Reactions: Doggerton
Not sure about WA but that is how it works in CA. When I bought a car at a dealer in a different county they charged me taxes based on where I lived.
CA and WA are opposite in the application of sales tax. CA bases it on where you live, WA bases it on where you buy the car. But if you purchase a car out of state and register it in WA within 6 months, you are taxed based on your address.

(Moderator note)

There is an attempt by @MR F to help find out when and if model 3 owners start to take delivery of model 3s with the ryzen chipset. That thread is here:

If you take delivery of a model 3 with the ryzen chipset, please post in that thread.

Please note. That thread is NOT a discussion thread on ryzen chipset, why someone should or shouldnt wait, or "My SA said I my vin I pick up in Feb will have it". It is ONLY for "I took (past tense) delivery of my model 3 SR+ / LR / P with ryzen chipset On X date.

If you took (past tense) delivery of a model 3 with ryzen chipset, please consider letting others know the date, and configuration of your car in the above thread per the request from @MR F in the first thread.

Thanks

How many EDDs have you had so far? This is my 3rd one. Maybe 3rd time's the charm? :)
This is my 3rd as well.
OD: 12/5, OEDD: February 2022
EDD 2 (12/7): December 20 - 31
EDD 3 (12/14): January 21 - February 18
Received email from Tesla rep on 1/12 stating that my car is currently being built and asking me to confirm some info. Picking up in Mt Kisco.
Pi

Some more info since I got a tentative delivery date now. Also got a quote how much my insurance will be: Roughly $45/month.

Full details as below:

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158XXX) assigned on Jan 16
EDD #4: Feb 1 - Feb 5
Tentative Delivery Date: Feb 4

Some more info since I got a tentative delivery date now. Also got a quote how much my insurance will be: Roughly $45/month.

Full details as below:

M3LR White/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
Order put on hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4
VIN (158XXX) assigned on Jan 16
EDD #4: Feb 1 - Feb 5
Tentative Delivery Date: Feb 4

That is cheap insurance, which company? I was quoted 850 for 6 months and I have 800+ credit, 2 others cars and a home policy with Farmers

Reactions: Doggerton