Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's a lot of data available in this forum. Has anybody taken the time to find the average, mean, variation, etc. of all the start dates, VIN dates and pickup dates? Before I take on such a project, I want to make sure someone hasn't already done it. I would limit data back 3-4 months and ignore holds and changes. This would yield a generalized number for the average wait from ordering to delivery, ignoring color, configuration and location.

Reactions: Paul4343
There's a lot of data available in this forum. Has anybody taken the time to find the average, mean, variation, etc. of all the start dates, VIN dates and pickup dates? Before I take on such a project, I want to make sure someone hasn't already done it. I would limit data back 3-4 months and ignore holds and changes. This would yield a generalized number for the average wait from ordering to delivery, ignoring color, configuration and location.
Have you seen the tracking spreadsheet?

You probably got a text when it was assigned. I got my VIN on 1/8, estimated delivery is 1/25-1/29, to Florida. I believe we are built, just waiting on a full load of cars to ship east
Ordered 10/10/21 Red Multi-Coat /Black Interior LR 19" Wheels, no FSD, originally showed Dec18-31, then Jan 18-Feb 18th, today no date TBD. I live in NY area and this car is a replacement for my 2018 LR/RWD same colors and options.
Update - Got a VIN 11/18, car is enroute from Fremont to NJ, due 11/28 delivery scheduled 11/29

Just got the trade-in text, so I think we're getting close! I also noticed a couple of days ago that I can see the scheduling/insurance/final payment section in the app, although I can't actually click anything (the scheduling card said "we're building your car"). I didn't have access to that before (I think the button there previously took me to the account on the website).

M3LR, MSM, Black, 18", no FSD
Picking up in Fremont, CA
  • OD: 10/31
  • EDD1: 12/21-12/31
  • I had a delay in finishing the registration tasks because of an issue on Tesla's end. But I also hadn't filled out the payment section and got a text on 11/13 asking me to do so. When I went in to do so I noticed it was already chosen and everything was locked down (I don't recall going in and selecting "cash" myself). Not sure if Tesla did it for me since it had been a couple of weeks since we ordered and it wasn't done?
  • EDD2: 1/5-2/2
  • On 12/16 I got an email asking if I wanted to take delivery in December or hold until January. I delayed and they put me on hold until 1/5. A couple of days prior I noticed the hold was not showing on the app anymore and I had a TBD
  • EDD3: 3/9-3/31 (this showed up either on 1/5 or 1/6)
  • EDD4: 1/28-2/25 (this changed last week)
  • Today (1/20) I got a text asking about a trade-in (no VIN or vision yet though)

Reactions: CarlThompson
The one I've seen does not show an average, you still need to figure it out. Do you have a link?
from @Troy

It has average, but you can manipulate/filter the data to remove older entries and focus on certain models, locations, etc.

Reactions: Doggerton