Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN and called with a few other questions. The SA was able to confirm I have the new AMD chip. He was not able to see which 12v battery it was or at least he didn't know how to check.

OD: 11/3/21, MSM/Black/18"
Hold Placed: 12/2/21
Hold Released: 12/28/21
VIN Assigned: 1/18/22 1613**
Expected Arrival in Paramus, NJ (based on the SA phone call): 1/30/22
Just to add another data point, my VIN was also assigned on 1/18, same configuration with 11/8 OD. I just called to ask a few questions…. Car also expected to arrive Long Island, NY on 1/30/22. I scheduled delivery for 2/1/22.
VIN 161*** Guy I spoke with said without me even asking that it has the new AMD chip.

I am curious to see how well the new Ryzen chip works in day to day usage. Not sure I am willing to give up range (if significant) over the Atom. I've been living with the Atom in my Y since May and other than loading Netflix, I haven't had any real performance issues. I'd take the dual pane rear glass and upgraded 12v battery over the Ryzen.

Reactions: hlin07
Just to add another data point, my VIN was also assigned on 1/18, same configuration with 11/8 OD. I just called to ask a few questions…. Car also expected to arrive Long Island, NY on 1/30/22. I scheduled delivery for 2/1/22.
VIN 161*** Guy I spoke with said without me even asking that it has the new AMD chip.
Looks like quite a bunch of MSM's being delivered. All with VIN 161xxx and reportedly having the new AMD chip.

Last edited:
Just received my VIN today! OD 11/27: Blue/White/18/No FSD delivery in MA

Just for reference that for trying to figure out how the vin assignment process works. You never know when you will get your vin.
(I'm not complaining, just putting the data out there.)

I have the same config and I am in MA with a Boston are pickup. My OD 10/30. We both took our orders off hold on 12/30. My EDD is 2/5 - 3/5 (no vin). n0ah's EDD was 2/13 - 3/13.

Edit: I have black interior. n0ah has white interior.

More "generally close" people getting the same config as me (but before me) :(

Order info below.

IMHO Tesla would not offer a new system configuration on any of its models (referring to Ryzen), if the range is significantly compromised.
I have seem these articles floating on this forum, that claim mileage reduced by 75 km. This seems to make no sense for customer to move over to some hardware change that impacts range (one big figure of merit). Tesla will not be doing such a Rookie mistake! More reliable data needed on this one!

IMHO Tesla would not offer a new system configuration on any of its models (referring to Ryzen), if the range is significantly compromised.
I have seem these articles floating on this forum, that claim mileage reduced by 75 km. This seems to make no sense for customer to move over to some hardware change that impacts range (one big figure of merit). Tesla will not be doing such a Rookie mistake! More reliable data needed on this one!
The range reduction reported comes from Australian customers and it is only about 7.5 miles (12 km).

Reactions: daveotero
If your credit score is over 730, as an intro offer, they will do up to 84 months. So if you need long term, this is the best rate. At DCU I am at 1.24 max of 66 months. I may do that for the S as it saves a ton of interest.

I am around 815 with little debt, so not worried about that. I wanted to use DCU for 72 months but they wont do below 2.50% at 72 months unless I setup direct deposit on my paychecks. That is not required at Carolina, correct?

I am around 815 with little debt, so not worried about that. I wanted to use DCU for 72 months but they wont do below 2.50% at 72 months unless I setup direct deposit on my paychecks. That is not required at Carolina, correct?
I believe DCU only requires "regular deposits". I'm self employed and don't have a direct deposit option. I plan on setting up regular monthly deposits from my existing bank business accounts for a little more than my car payment and just shuffle the extra money around everyone once in a while. Can't beat 1.24%.

It's a bit convoluted. I took delivery of a demo with 81 miles on 12/19/21. But they failed to disclose the "maybe 2017 batteries...12% degradation" issue until after the point-of-sale. So after quite a bit of complaining and emails, Burbank did the right thing and they are buying that car back from me. They had me place a new order and put me on priority for a replacement.

Reactions: ds335
Well crap. I know this is off topic but had a quick question for ya'll. I just got an email now that my F-150 Lightning that I put a deposit down last May is eligible to order. Do you guys see this inventory shortage continuing and keeping up the resale value of of the Model 3's with extended range? I think so and given how slow Ford has been delivering gosh knows how long it will last and my current car is up in March (which happens to be my EOD). Thanks for the advice...

Well crap. I know this is off topic but had a quick question for ya'll. I just got an email now that my F-150 Lightning that I put a deposit down last May is eligible to order. Do you guys see this inventory shortage continuing and keeping up the resale value of of the Model 3's with extended range? I think so and given how slow Ford has been delivering gosh knows how long it will last and my current car is up in March (which happens to be my EOD). Thanks for the advice...
I still have my reservation and I'm likely to get the go-ahead to order as well. I saw the pricing tool and was shocked it cost 20k to add the extended range battery for an XLT. I think Tesla resale will hold for awhile and even before Covid, they held their value well. As the US transitions to EVs as a country, most will be looking at used so there should be a steady market. Their tech is just so far ahead and people know it. To get your phone to function as a key with the lightning, you gotta drop 90k, it's insane. I'm a fan of the lightning but it's so far behind on tech and who knows how many learning curves they will have with batteries. While you see people complain about panel gaps or certain updates with Tesla, they do a ton really well. I don't know how well Ford has addressed preconditioning and their charging network. If you can't use your phone on the XLT, preconditioning is worse than remote start haha. Just my two cents on why I chose to go with Tesla and a car vs Ford and a truck.

Reactions: Paul4343