Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My plan when I was considering a performance was to buy some light forged 18" wheels and then sell the 20" Uberturbines. I think the 20" stock Uberturbine wheels do look good but they are relatively heavy and impact ride quality negatively. I also already have 18" snow tires and 20" tires are more expensive.
What are people getting for the Uberturbines? 2k or so? I just looked and the price was lower than I thought. I must have looked at total after fees etc.

Blah - thinking about switching my black interior to white…will this hit my EDD And reset my wait timer? Also how does the white hold up to kids abuse - would a ceramic Coating be mandatory?
I’ve had a Model Y with white interior, I know we had stains on the driver seat due to blue jeans or dark colored pants.
It’s hardly noticeable, but I see it.

I had some sort of coating on my seats to, not sure if it was ceramic coating though.
Honestly, it’s just a hint shade of blue on the sides of the seat where it hugs the thighs.

If you do move forward with it, I suggest checking the seats at delivery and make sure there’s no “crack” on the vegan material.
We took delivery of ours, and didn’t notice till we got home that there was a crack of some sort. Service Center replaced it without charge.

Reactions: DasTasla
Never trade in your car to Tesla. They will always offer pennies compared to what other companies will offer. Private sale will give you the most money.
I usually agree about not trading the car in ….but these are weird times… Tesla just beat all 3 online quotes I got (carvana, vroom, carbuyerusa) for my ’18 rwd w fsd. Add in the sales tax advantage (in my state at least) plus the convenience of hassle free trade in, and I doubt even a private sale would have been an attractive alternative.

Coming from someone who has an Intel chip in my 2021 M3 LR, it really isn't bad. Netflix and YouTube TV are slow to load and respond to inputs, but there are no apparent issues with the cameras or maps or anything. Some have said the Netflix and YouTube TV slowness isn't bc of the chip and is bc of Tesla's software also.

But I think the moral of the story here for some folks is why accept an old chip when there is a new chip available? It helps "future proof" the car more for 5 years down the road. At least in theory...
I always thought the slow netflix/yt load was due to LTE signal bandwidth. I haven’t tried it at home w wifi …. guess that would tell me for sure.

Reactions: CosmosMpower
I usually agree about not trading the car in ….but these are weird times… Tesla just beat all 3 online quotes I got (carvana, vroom, carbuyerusa) for my ’18 rwd w fsd. Add in the sales tax advantage (in my state at least) plus the convenience of hassle free trade in, and I doubt even a private sale would have been an attractive alternative.
Tesla was the highest the first time around for me. When my trade quote expired they went pretty low so I ended up going with Driveway

Reactions: Spuzzz
Tesla beat Carvana, Vroom and Driveway for my 2022 GMC Canyon AT4. In Pa. There is also the sales tax credit when trading in. That along is over 3K. For me Tesla is by far the best option.

OK, this was a very fast turnaround: Came off from a two-day hold and a configuration/color change yesterday and received VIN this evening :oops:

VIN range is 156xxx and build is Jan 15. Neither AMD Ryzen nor 12V Lithium battery. I am in no rush but decided to stop with the hold/reject/wait cycle. I will take delivery on Feb 4.

M3LR MSM/Black 18" Aero
OD: Oct 23
Scheduled Delivery: Feb 4
Told ya so 😎

People, the way this works is not black magic.

I’ve had a Model Y with white interior, I know we had stains on the driver seat due to blue jeans or dark colored pants.
It’s hardly noticeable, but I see it.

I had some sort of coating on my seats to, not sure if it was ceramic coating though.
Honestly, it’s just a hint shade of blue on the sides of the seat where it hugs the thighs.

If you do move forward with it, I suggest checking the seats at delivery and make sure there’s no “crack” on the vegan material.
We took delivery of ours, and didn’t notice till we got home that there was a crack of some sort. Service Center replaced it without charge.
Get a magic eraser, it all comes off. I take one to our Y every few weeks and you can’t even see the trace of kids after

Reactions: TeslY and KN0607