Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for keeping me company all these weeks, you guys. Just picked up my Blue M3LR at Dedham, MA today, and it's beautiful.

Also, checked the config. It's an Atom processor (not that it bothers me). Also, got one year of free premium connectivity (as opposed to 30 days that most people are getting these days.) Pics are coming soon.

Good luck with your waits, guys. Hang in there.
I can’t wait to see the pics.

Reactions: In_the_process
Another advantage of the Tesla wall charger is that it does NOT require a GFCI breaker (at 3 to 4 times the cost of a "normal" breaker), it is built into the wall unit.

Interesting. My electrician did not use GFCI breakers when my 14-50s were installed in 2019. Are you sure they're actually required? I'm not too worried about it because my 3rd party EVSE has an internal ground fault interrupt and so does the Tesla.

itshappening.gif

I just got a text from Tesla:

"Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply "NEED MORE TIME" and an advisor will reach out and contact you. Thanks!"

No VIN yet, but after almost two months of no EDD shift this is some refreshing news.
I want to apply for finaning - should I reply READY and then call Tesla customer service to change from cash to finance?

Passing on a not so encouraging event. My delivery is scheduled for 26th, I stopped by my service center to get a peek and see if the car had arrived. It had along with several others, I walked straight to mine.

Front covered in bugs/road debris, no plastic protective shipping wrap, can't tell if any chips.
Noticed from a couple feet away no blue paint between the driver fender and A pillar. A few blue specks over bare metal between?
Feeling disappointed I continued to look over the driver side. The roof glass pieces between sunroof and back glass looked too far apart, the seal was floating between two gaps. Perhaps normal? If anyone has example photo's would love to see.

I made it to the back when an employee emerged and said I was not allowed to look at it. Made several statements: can't have people their looking at cars, I know you're excited but you need to respect the delivery appointment, that the car hasn't been inspected yet.

So I left. The parking lot was open and service department open today.

I didn't make it to passenger A pillar to see if the same. I was intending to take some photos after a walk around never expected to be told to leave.

If I accept I am just enabling this behavior. If I don't I'm afraid to see what comes next. Goodness, 1,000 extra for blue paint and it's not even all painted is really disappointing. I don't want any bodyshop work. Would rather try a touch up pen or even plasti-dip black between the gap.

Thoughts? Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1200.jpeg
    IMG_1200.jpeg
    613.3 KB · Views: 94
Thanks for keeping me company all these weeks, you guys. Just picked up my Blue M3LR at Dedham, MA today, and it's beautiful.

Also, checked the config. It's an Atom processor (not that it bothers me). Also, got one year of free premium connectivity (as opposed to 30 days that most people are getting these days.) Pics are coming soon.

Good luck with your waits, guys. Hang in there.
Congrats! How’s the checkout experience and any freebies? We are going to get a lot of snow I heard…protect the beauty.

Reactions: whiskeylover
Yes I just read something about 55A max for 6/3 romex. I am comparing individual 6awg or go 4/3 or just stay with 50A and not max out the wall charger capability. I original thought the wall charger max out at 60A x 0.8 = 48A so 6/3 romex is ok but I guess not for the code.😕
I went with MC 6/2 cable. Rated for 75A at 90C or 65A at 75C (I have never seen a 90C rated breaker, so you're generally going to be stuck to the 75C cable). A lot easier to run than conduit. And I went with the 6/2 since the Tesla doesn't need a neutral and these days that extra copper adds a real amount of money.

Reactions: TesEv
itshappening.gif

I just got a text from Tesla:

"Tesla Update - We are thrilled to welcome you to the Tesla family in the next 10-14 days. Please reply "READY" to confirm you will be ready to take delivery of your new Tesla as soon as it is available. If you still need more time, please reply "NEED MORE TIME" and an advisor will reach out and contact you. Thanks!"

No VIN yet, but after almost two months of no EDD shift this is some refreshing news.
I want to apply for finaning - should I reply READY and then call Tesla customer service to change from cash to finance?
Congrats, VIN has to be coming very soon!! What does your latest edd show? Also socal here with edd 1/25-2/8 but no text/vin

Reactions: Doggerton
Interesting. My electrician did not use GFCI breakers when my 14-50s were installed in 2019. Are you sure they're actually required? I'm not too worried about it because my 3rd party EVSE has an internal ground fault interrupt and so does the Tesla.

Yeah they are required (now). Electrical code in use normally lags a few years behind the current date. The code in use now in most places requires a GFCI breaker for that type of outlet for EV charging. I say this not because I am a code expert or anything (I am not) but from reading here of a lot of people who actually are code experts.

Basically, code requires the oulet to be GFCI protected now, but a hard wired device does not have that requirement. Since your install was "before" this code was enforced, you dont have to worry about meeting code for it, unless you change something.

• Informative
Reactions: CarlThompson
Also, got one year of free premium connectivity (as opposed to 30 days that most people are getting these days.)

Hmmmm. Did you express any regrets about the Intel processor? If I see one in my new 3, I am planning to start crying in the hopes that adding Premium Connectivity would make me stop the hysterics. I don't really care about the processor, but I am prepared to make it look like it if I detect a sympathetic ear.