Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155. EDD - TBD.
1/18/22: Placed on hold until 1/22/22 (90 day hold limit from order date)
1/19/22: hold automatically removed, vin removed, EDD - TBD
1/23/22: EDD - April 03 - May 01
1/24/22: Scheduled delivery Jan 29th, Vin - 152###
1/25/22: Back on hold 'til Jan 29th. Vin released

Turns out Tesla has a 3 day delivery policy after the car arrives at the pick up location. Applied for the loan after the vin at DCU and DCU agent says it can take a week for me to receive the check, this puts me outside the delivery window. Since the delivery time window was only up 'til Saturday, I must pick up the car or release the vin, I chose to release the vin. I did not request for another hold, but tesla likely put the hold in place to ensure I don't get matched with the same car and causing issues.

Hopefully no one gets put into this dilemma, if you finance through Tesla or have speedy turnaround on financing, it's no issue at all. It's only an issue if you get matched with an inventory car and you're using third party financing that can take some time to receive the check. With the recent covid case spiking, labor shortage is no joke.

Just a FYI.

• Helpful
Reactions: ynb86 and lUtriaNt

Turns out Tesla has a 3 day delivery policy after the car arrives at the pick up location. Applied for the loan after the vin at DCU and DCU agent says it can take a week for me to receive the check, this puts me outside the delivery window. Since the delivery time window was only up 'til Saturday, I must pick up the car or release the vin, I chose to release the vin. I did not request for another hold, but tesla likely put the hold in place to ensure I don't get matched with the same car and causing issues.

Hopefully no one gets put into this dilemma, if you finance through Tesla or have speedy turnaround on financing, it's no issue at all. It's only an issue if you get matched with an inventory car and you're using third party financing that can take some time to receive the check. With the recent covid case spiking, labor shortage is no joke.

Just a FYI.
I'm also using DCU. I thought you could give DCU the routing numbers from the last page of your MVPA and they'd send the funds direct to Tesla. Or did you just choose check so you could bring it yourself?

Turns out Tesla has a 3 day delivery policy after the car arrives at the pick up location. Applied for the loan after the vin at DCU and DCU agent says it can take a week for me to receive the check, this puts me outside the delivery window.
Oh, how I hope they don't tell me my delivery date will be right when I'm out of town for 4 days. My trip (which was planned before I ordered the M3) is, naturally, smack-dab in the middle of my current EDD range.

....on the other hand, would be nice to have a delivery date, though....

Reactions: EvDoss
Long time lurker. Here's my info to add to the pile:

11/2/21 - Order placed for Model 3 Long Range White/White w/18" Aero wheels, no FSD, IL pickup
11/29/21 - VIN Assigned, 115xxx - Passed until 1/1/22 hoping for BBB, hold released by Tesla 12/27/21
1/12/22 - VIN Assigned, 155xxx - Intel Atom, Passed, no hold placed even though I requested hold until 2/1/22
1/17/22 - VIN Assigned, 154xxx - Intel Atom, Passed, put on hold until 2/1/22, released hold myself via website 1/21/22
1/22/22 - VIN Assigned, 155xxx - Intel Atom, Passed, put on hold until 2/4/22, released hold myself via website 1/23/22, EDD now 4/29-5/27 (EOL)

Pretty sure I went to the back of the line with my last pass as my EDD was never that far out. My SA has been awesome and understands what I want but keeps offering me Intel Atom cars. :) The waiting is painful, but I know it'll be worth it in the end. And I'm pretty sure if I don't take my next offer (after 90 days) they'll probably cancel my order which is completely understandable.
How have they not cancelled your order after 4 passes?

I'm also using DCU. I thought you could give DCU the routing numbers from the last page of your MVPA and they'd send the funds direct to Tesla. Or did you just choose check so you could bring it yourself?
Either way takes the same time for DCU, it's just the address will be different. Unless you're going with wire transfer, then that's different. I guess I just want control of having the check in my hands.
The processing time from DCU is what's taking the longest, if you call them, you're looking at a hold of more than 1-2 hours. DCU may be able to do it faster but they can't guarantee it. Tesla *requires* you to pick up the car in three days after car's arrival at location. That's why I had to let tesla release the car. I could schedule the car and just tell Tesla, sorry, no money on delivery day. At that point, Tesla would release my vin and I'll be forced to accept the next available vin or the order gets automatically cancelled.

Reactions: akajester

Just a FYI.
That is a pretty low VIN range, i.e., 152###. The VIN I rejected for a M3LR -White/Black/18" was 158### and build date was Jan 15. Wondering what the next VIN will be they assign to you after your current hold.

My current setup is a Wall Connector plugged into a 14-50 outlet with a 60amp circuit, and I'm getting 45-50 mph charging speed allowing 48 amp charging.
When I plug in a Mobile Connector into the same 14-50 outlet, it only allows 32 amps charging, and it's reduced to approx 30-35 mph charging speed.

Since you quoted my post, I addressed that in my post when I said "Up to 32 anyway" because the mobile connector only allows up to 32amp charging speed.

Also, your connection is not correct, I am virtually positive you are not supposed to put a 14-50 outlet with a 60 amp breaker, by code (even though I am not a code expert). An EV is a continuous load, and thus is only supposed to be run at 80% of its capacity. For a 50 amp circuit, thats 40amps. Since its your house, you can do whatever you want to, but the way you have it isnt correct.

My best guess is that I'm not passed the 90 days mentioned in my purchase agreement. At least my SA made mention of that and said after the 90 day mark no guarantees I won't be canceled, but that he'd try to make sure that doesn't happen as he doesn't want me to pay more for the same car.
I am on hold and I passed my 90-day window. When my hold expires, I will be close to 120 days. Fingers crossed that it does not get cancelled.

Since you quoted my post, I addressed that in my post when I said "Up to 32 anyway" because the mobile connector only allows up to 32amp charging speed.

Also, your connection is not correct, I am virtually positive you are not supposed to put a 14-50 outlet with a 60 amp breaker, by code (even though I am not a code expert). An EV is a continuous load, and thus is only supposed to be run at 80% of its capacity. For a 50 amp circuit, thats 40amps. Since its your house, you can do whatever you want to, but the way you have it isnt correct.
You definitely need to use a 50A breaker for NEMA 14-50 because that is its rating. It is in the name NEMA 14-50 :D
Using a 60A breaker is dangerous and can fry your outlet.

Reactions: wdtn
Well, I think a number of us on here recently got 2 week EDD time frames, so either we should see some VINS this week, or a bunch of unhappy posts about yet another new EDD. LOL Usually my EDD moves after it's been within the new range for a day or two, then they push it out with a new EDD. But yours is a month out still, so could change at random anytime.
I don't think the 2 week window means anything. I've had 8 updates. Some 2 week windows, one 5 day window, several month long windows. Seems to mean nothing.

I am on hold and I passed my 90-day window. When my hold expires, I will be close to 120 days. Fingers crossed that it does not get cancelled.
You should only have your order canceled if you pass up the next car offered that's past the time window in your purchase agreement. And the purchase agreement says "may" cancel so it's not a certainty but they have that option. Good luck to you!

Has anyone in the Southern part of the US received any higher VIN's that might have the new chip and battery? I have to take my hold off by Jan 27th....or it will be canceled and I doubt they will let me extend it again. My order goes all the way back to August, so the price I have locked in is about 2-3K lower then the current price. My pickup is Charlotte NC. Would really like to have the newer upgrades but not sure its worth the price difference.

M3LR -Blue/Black/19" No FSD

-Config: White LRAWD w/ 19inch sport wheels & Black interior - No FSD

-OD: October 6th 2021
-Initial Delivery Date: November 15th-Dec 15th
-New Delivery Date: Changed to December 1st - December 30th
-December 8 2021 I was assigned a Vin, put it on hold until Jan 1st 2021 - Vin released
-December 20 2021 Un-held it early hoping delivery wouldn't be until Jan 2021 - Ended getting a Vin assigned the very next day December 21st, delivery was available 27th-29th. Called Tesla on December 22nd to try to push out delivery by a week, but had to put order again until Jan 2nd.
-December 30 2021, order was automatically unheld, delivery date TBD
-Jan 3rd 2022 - EDD updated to March 18th - March 30th
-Jan 8th 2022- EDD Updated to Jan 28-Feb 25
-Jan 25th 2022 - EDD Updated to Feb 6th-Feb 16th