Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone in the Southern part of the US received any higher VIN's that might have the new chip and battery? I have to take my hold off by Jan 27th....or it will be canceled and I doubt they will let me extend it again. My order goes all the way back to August, so the price I have locked in is about 2-3K lower then the current price. My pickup is Charlotte NC. Would really like to have the newer upgrades but not sure its worth the price difference.

M3LR -Blue/Black/19" No FSD
I am in southeast USA and just got assigned a vin of 162xxx today. OD 11/15, MSM, black interior, no fsd, aero. Did have one previous hold in December. Not sure what it will come with, but does not seem like a reject.

M3LR -White/Black/18" No FSD
OD : 10/22/21
Placed on hold until 12/28/21
Tesla automatically removed hold on 12/25/21
12/29/21: EDD - Feb 22 - March 22.
12/31/21: EDD - Jan 11 - Jan 25
1/11/22: EDD - Jan 25 - Feb 07
1/16/22: Received Vin- 155. EDD - TBD.
1/18/22: Placed on hold until 1/22/22 (90 day hold limit from order date)
1/19/22: hold automatically removed, vin removed, EDD - TBD
1/23/22: EDD - April 03 - May 01
1/24/22: Scheduled delivery Jan 29th, Vin - 152###
1/25/22: Back on hold 'til Jan 29th. Vin released

Turns out Tesla has a 3 day delivery policy after the car arrives at the pick up location. Applied for the loan after the vin at DCU and DCU agent says it can take a week for me to receive the check, this puts me outside the delivery window. Since the delivery time window was only up 'til Saturday, I must pick up the car or release the vin, I chose to release the vin. I did not request for another hold, but tesla likely put the hold in place to ensure I don't get matched with the same car and causing issues.

Hopefully no one gets put into this dilemma, if you finance through Tesla or have speedy turnaround on financing, it's no issue at all. It's only an issue if you get matched with an inventory car and you're using third party financing that can take some time to receive the check. With the recent covid case spiking, labor shortage is no joke.

Just a FYI.
Totally agree on labor shortages! I have been a long time customer of DCU (This being my 4th car through them) and they have always sent the cheques overnight. I hope things work out for u!

I am in southeast USA and just got assigned a vin of 162xxx today. OD 11/15, MSM, black interior, no fsd, aero. Did have one previous hold in December. Not sure what it will come with, but does not seem like a reject.
Congrats on your VIN! Hoping to get mine soon. Same build but just white interior instead.

Are you taking delivery in Decatur or Avalon facility? Unsure which to go with as I too live in Georgia and currently have it assigned to Decatur.

Good to know. I didn’t want to be one of those people who checks every 30 minutes to see if it updates.

Why not? Most of the rest of us do! :)

You'd think I'd know better since I've been through all this before after owning my previous Model 3 for 4 years. But I probably click refresh more than anyone while waiting for my new one!

• Funny
Reactions: Doggerton
Great, did you inquire if you have the AMD processor and 12V Li-Ion battery? The 161xxx range reported here had them, so most likely yours will as well.

Someone over on Reddit in socal got pushed from 1/24-2/7 to 1/30-2/13 today so still seems a bit random. I’ll update what happens to my 1/25-2/8 Edd tomorrow
I'm in socal and have same EDD as you. I'll definitely update tomorrow as to what happens with my date. What's making this wait worse is having parts showing up with no car haha.

Good to know. I didn’t want to be one of those people who checks every 30 minutes to see if it updates.

Why not? Most of the rest of us do! :)

Every 30 min? More like ever 2.5 min :)

I mostly checked 3 times a day. Once in the morning while having my coffee, at the end of the work day and before I went to sleep. Every change I saw was when I checked in the morning, YMMV 😁

aye back in 2020 when we were all sitting around waiting to graduate like you all, someone figured out you could find your vin inside the code (EDIT : if the SA added it but was not yet known or shown on the order page) on your order page by using .json or some such technical jargon (im not the sharpest knife in the drawer). someone even made a program where you could enter some data and it would automatically find the vin for you! now talk about obsessive !!!! that was nuts.

im not sure if you can still do that now (probably not) but that made for some fun times.

im on the hook for a m3p/pup but like to stick my head in here to see movement on other trims...

Hi,

I ordered my model 3 long range and I was immediately given the delivery window as 20 January - 17 February. I was assured that most likely the actual delivery date would be in the middle of this window at around the first week of February. Now I just logged in to my Tesla account and the window has changed (without any notice to me by email or text message) to 30 January - 27 February.

I was upset with this delay and so I called customer service. The customer service representative told me that it could be delayed even further and there is never any guaranteed date. I could even wait until the summer or the end of the year! Furthermore, that my deposit is nonrefundable regardless of any delays whatsoever.

Is this true what he said? And is it common for the delivery window to keep changing/delaying?

Thanks for your help.

Wolfgang

Reactions: CarlThompson
Just got a text that my VIN has been assigned! 😃
VIN is 153XXX 😕

I haven't been closely tracking these prefixes, but I'm assuming that puts be squarely in the Intel / standard battery camp, right?

M3LR - MSM Grey / White Interior / Aero / no FSD
Order Date Nov 10 2021 / Previous EDD#5 Feb 3rd - Feb 14th
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX
Just called customer support and confirmed Intel. 😒

Haven't made any changes yet, but will probably place on hold. I'm dying for the car, but the reality is this is not really the optimal time to receive a new car in Colorado and I have another vehicle to use in the meantime. What's another month or so for a few upgrades at this point... Ugh...