Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a follow-up to my post last night about my successful delivery yesterday, I did confirm today that, in addition to the Rizen chip, I do have the Li-ion battery. Front windows are 2-layer glass, rears are single. (VIN 1658xx)
Today I removed the aero covers and installed center caps and lug nut covers, installed front and rear mud flaps, checked remaining details such as functioning USB-C ports, puddle lights, fine tuned various settings, etc. On a short drive today I found a new wind noise at the top rear corner of my driver's window that wasn't there for my 100 mile drive home from Tesla last night. It appears that the window glass isn't as tight to the roof and center pillar as the passenger side, so the window isn't sealing properly in that area. So far, that is the only deficiency I've found - other than my personal challenges in becoming totally familiar with how to do everything on the screen. I'm closing in, but not all the way there yet. Loving the car for its comfort, quiet ride, responsiveness, and great forward visibility with the low dashboard. Also love the regen braking/one-pedal driving. Hardly ever have to touch the brakes.
It’s my understanding that sometimes window opening and closing needs to be synchronized for optimal function. Details are a little fuzzy but I think there’s info about this in the owner’s manual.

Glad to see there are some Toronto Canada area people also in this waiting room with me.
For all those in the snowy north east, how has it been taking delivery in these snowy conditions? I'm hoping to get mine late Feb, early March if possible to avoid these blizzard conditions :)

Glad to see there are some Toronto Canada area people also in this waiting room with me.
For all those in the snowy north east, how has it been taking delivery in these snowy conditions? I'm hoping to get mine late Feb, early March if possible to avoid these blizzard conditions :)
Same! I i have to fly up to Toronto and drive back home (1400KM) west so the later the better for a much nicer drive :)

Just received a VIN via text!! 166xxx Calling asap tomorrow to switch to finance from cash and get insurance sorted!

OD: 11/26/2021 - LR/MSM/Black/Aero no FSD SoCal

11/26: 1st EDD: 1/21 - 2/18
12/4: 2nd EDD: 12/31 - 1/28
1/1: 3rd EDD: 1/9 - 2/6
1/10: 4th EDD: 1/20 - 2/17
1/21: 5th EDD: 1/26 - 2/23
1/22: 6th EDD: 1/25 - 2/8
1/26: 7th EDD: 1/28 - 2/9
1/29: 8th EDD: 1/31 - 2/10
1/30: VIN Recieved: EDD: 2/1 - 2/5

OD - 12/25
Deep Blue Metallic / White / 18" / Oakville Canada

Got my vin assigned a couple hours ago!
Congrats Neighbor! Seems that the White interior, after being backlogged for a while is actually coming in large batches across north america. Nice quick turn around for you (I ordered weeks before you but no VIN yet. So it has to be related to the order they're making different configurations)
Enjoy!

Reactions: melajzvn
Congrats Neighbor! Seems that the White interior, after being backlogged for a while is actually coming in large batches across north america. Nice quick turn around for you (I ordered weeks before you but no VIN yet. So it has to be related to the order they're making different configurations)
Enjoy!

Thank you,

yeah I have been watching this forum post essentially since then and decided to make an account when I had some information here. Hopefully you get yours soon!

I have that same VIN and picked up my car on Saturday. It has the AMD Rizen chip and the Li-ion battery.
I assume the front console USB ports are still power only, no data right?

Also, can you see if there is a heating element under the wiper blade park zones? I don't think 'heated wiper blades' are launched yet in North America, but I'm wondering if the latest cars being built have the heating hardware, just awaiting the release of the software update for full functionality.

Reactions: Paul4343
M3LR White/White 18" Aero, no-fsd (SF Bay Area)

OD: Nov 2 2021
1/28: Picked up!

As promised reporting back. Scheduled pickup at 10am moved to 5pm over the course of multiple delay text messages (12pm to 2pm to 5pm). Seems like Fremont is backed up for prepping cars for pickup. But car was ready at 5pm, definitely detailed and waxed.

It has the AMD chip and Li-Ion 12V (checked under the hood). As far as I can tell, no heated wiper park (not present in climate settings). And no rear double glazed windows.

And I can't find anything wrong with it, panels look consistent throughout, headlights and taillights look aligned with the other panels. It's great!

Got my VIN today!!!!!! 166xxx Hope this is the light at the end of the tunnel! PA (Devon) Black/Black/18" Aero. Really hoping for the AMD now given the high VIN but will be happy with either.

OD: 11/28
EDD1: February
EDD2: 1/16-2/19
EDD3: 12/26-12/31
EDD4: 1/12-2/9
EDD5:. 1/6-1/20
EDD6: 1/15-2/15
EDD7: 2/1-3/1
EDD8: 2/7-2/21
congrats. seems like I'll get mine in a few days then... my EDD window is 2/10-2/24