Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OD: 10/28 for m3lr white/white/aero
Put on hold around Nov, released Jan 3
VIN #1: Assigned on Jan 10, 154xxx intel
Released VIN #1 around Jan 26
VIN #2: Assigned on Jan 28/29, 154xxx intel (different one)
Released VIN #2 and changed config to m3lr blue/white/aero. (Same reservation, had SA adjust)
New EDD: may 15 - june 12

Lol

M3LR White/White 18" Aero, no-fsd (SF Bay Area)

OD: Nov 2 2021
1/28: Picked up!

As promised reporting back. Scheduled pickup at 10am moved to 5pm over the course of multiple delay text messages (12pm to 2pm to 5pm). Seems like Fremont is backed up for prepping cars for pickup. But car was ready at 5pm, definitely detailed and waxed.

It has the AMD chip and Li-Ion 12V (checked under the hood). As far as I can tell, no heated wiper park (not present in climate settings). And no rear double glazed windows.

And I can't find anything wrong with it, panels look consistent throughout, headlights and taillights look aligned with the other panels. It's great!
Congratulations and same config and OD as mine. I'm hoping I get a nice VIN like that soon. :)

OD: 10/28 for m3lr white/white/aero
Put on hold around Nov, released Jan 3
VIN #1: Assigned on Jan 10, 154xxx intel
Released VIN #1 around Jan 26
VIN #2: Assigned on Jan 28/29, 154xxx intel (different one)
Released VIN #2 and changed config to m3lr blue/white/aero. (Same reservation, had SA adjust)
New EDD: may 15 - june 12

Lol

Looks like here on the East Coast, we still can get the lower VINs 15xxxx which do not have the updates. I got 158xxx and 156xxx both of which I released. I am on hold now until Feb 18 with the hope that the 16xxxx arrive here.

Well, still no VIN yet. Based on what you all are posted, it looks like late Nov OD's are getting VINS, and I am seeing many with 8 EDD's or more... So, I am guessing I'll get an 8th EDD tomorrow or Wednesday, and hopefully a VIN maybe a week later. Really ready for this part of the process to be done, so hoping I'm nearly there. :) 🤞
I think you will get your VIN later this afternoon. I received mine last Saturday (1/29) afternoon, and my EDD was 1/30-2/10.

Looks like here on the East Coast, we still can get the lower VINs 15xxxx which do not have the updates. I got 158xxx and 156xxx both of which I released. I am on hold now until Feb 18 with the hope that the 16xxxx arrive here.
I have the same config and I've passed on a bunch of older VINs already. I had this feeling they were sending older builds to the Midwest too. Maybe we're experiencing the same issue. My SA put me on hold but after a few days I took that off. I figured I'll just keep passing rather than wait out of queue longer.

You ordered less than 2 weeks ago and already got 2 VINs? Wow. Jealous! I am on day 55, no VIN yet....

No, they did not order two weeks ago. They ordered last October:

M3LR White/Black Aero
OD: Oct 23
EDD #1: Nov 21 - Dec 23
On hold until Jan 1
EDD #2: March 11 - March 31
EDD #3: Jan 21 - Feb 4

Picked up my M3LR yesterday, Vin 155555, intel and the old battery. Build quality seems improved and paint better paint coverage in places I remember if being poor before.

As far as pickup, they could have done way better on the detail, paint had a few places that needed to be buffed out and all the glass was streaked like someone went over it really quickly.

As far as the new UI, I currently hate it but not sure if its because its bad or just not the same. Some things are definitely awkward to get to or find. the blindspot cameras display is almost useless, to small and low.

All in all im happy, I can detail it and clean up all that and im sure the UI will get ironed out. Least i got home without a flat tire on this one and didnt have realign all my doors.

Also on my old SR+, I had leak issues where water would get into the deck lid, they updated the gasket at the bottom of the rear glass that I think will prevent that now.

I assume the front console USB ports are still power only, no data right?

Also, can you see if there is a heating element under the wiper blade park zones? I don't think 'heated wiper blades' are launched yet in North America, but I'm wondering if the latest cars being built have the heating hardware, just awaiting the release of the software update for full functionality.
I only checked the ports for power. Haven't seen any evidence of wiper blade heating elements unless they are hidden under where the wipers are parked.

Reactions: Blackfish