Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I have a VIN, if I wanted to put a down payment and finance rest from third party, do i take two checks at pick up? Have not spoken to SA or been contacted by anyone yet.
For the downpayment - you could either take a cashier's cheque or do an ACH transfer. For the financing part yes, you would take the cheque from the 3rd party. Your SA (when you contact them) should give you the details.

As you can see below, Tesla REALLY wants us to take delivery of our AWD Model 3. If I recall, this car wasn't supposed to be ready until March of this year and that's when I planned on taking delivery. Also, Tesla hasn't completed the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate application (probably won't be an issue). So, I'm not ready to take delivery yet... but should be ready in March. Any chance I can get this pushed out once more? Any special tips or tricks here?

We’re contacting you regarding the Model 3 you ordered on October 25, 2021 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model 3 at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by February 10, 2022.
If your order remains on hold on February 10, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.
Thank you for supporting the world’s transition to sustainable energy.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
Take delivery now. You ordered in Oct so you likely ordered at a lower price than today. If you cancel you will lose your order fee plus get to the back of the order line. So you either get it now or wait till May-ish

Since you're posting as a user and NOT an admin please don't kick me off for this. Look I don't even have my car yet but the infotainment experience difference has been well documented. It may not bother you in the least but to say there's no lag compared to the new chip just isn't accurate. It's significant based on the videos I have seen. Again, may not bother you in the least which is cool too.
This part "It's significant based on the videos I have seen." I have a Model Y I just picked up in November. There is zero lag at all. I think you are looking at the Netflix or Hulu apps being opened. Yes it takes a little longer to open those apps. But as far as everything else like maps etc that is needed for the car no lag. For YouTube Netflix etc you will be sitting in your car not driving when using those apps so waiting the few extra seconds means nothing for me.

Reactions: jjrandorin
Quick question ... what do most people do about charging cables? Use the one provided by Tesla for home charging and then toss it back in the trunk for on the road charging? Or buy a second charging cable so one stays in car and other stays connected at home? If the latter, what cable did you purchase (from Tesla? third party?)
I personally use Juicebox, Schneider and Grizzl-e chargers for everyday charging. I keep the OEM charger in the frunk of my Audi e-tron and plan to keep the OEM charger in the trunk of the Tesla M3LR. I find this to be the most convenient solution for my family. The Juicebox charger also qualifies for utility rebates with my service provider. I have purchased two Tesla J1772 adapters (one for the car and one for the house) and plan to purchase another one for my second home for convenience. A more convenient solution for Tesla specific owners would be to buy the Tesla Wall Connector as it and the OEM portable charger both offer Tesla vehicles with more functionality. Specifically you can press the button on the charging handle to open the charge port door when the vehicle is unlocked. Additionally, you don't have to fumble around with adapters. When I owned the 2013 Model S, I had a wall connector installed and found it to be very convenient. I hope this helps and good luck!

Reactions: Paul4343
As you can see below, Tesla REALLY wants us to take delivery of our AWD Model 3. If I recall, this car wasn't supposed to be ready until March of this year and that's when I planned on taking delivery. Also, Tesla hasn't completed the Oregon Clean Vehicle Rebate application (probably won't be an issue). So, I'm not ready to take delivery yet... but should be ready in March. Any chance I can get this pushed out once more? Any special tips or tricks here?

We’re contacting you regarding the Model 3 you ordered on October 25, 2021 to offer any assistance in bringing your car home. We’re excited to deliver your Model 3 at your earliest convenience and welcome you to the Tesla family.
Your order is set to cancel soon, but if you still intend to take delivery, please sign in to your Tesla Account and select “I’m Ready” by February 10, 2022.
If your order remains on hold on February 10, 2022, or is placed on hold again, we will assume that you no longer wish to purchase a vehicle. Your order will automatically be canceled and your order fee forfeited.

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team

Looks like Tesla did put a Feb 10 deadline on all those holds and tries to clear the pipeline :D

I got the same message but my order date is two days earlier than yours; i.e., mine is Oct 23, 2021 and my hold was to expire on Feb 18.

Quick question ... what do most people do about charging cables? Use the one provided by Tesla for home charging and then toss it back in the trunk for on the road charging? Or buy a second charging cable so one stays in car and other stays connected at home? If the latter, what cable did you purchase (from Tesla? third party?)
I plan on using the charging cable that comes with the car. I had a NEMA 14-50 outlet installed in my garage and got the NEMA 14-50 adapter from Tesla.

This part "It's significant based on the videos I have seen." I have a Model Y I just picked up in November. There is zero lag at all. I think you are looking at the Netflix or Hulu apps being opened. Yes it takes a little longer to open those apps. But as far as everything else like maps etc that is needed for the car no lag. For YouTube Netflix etc you will be sitting in your car not driving when using those apps so waiting the few extra seconds means nothing for me.
Thx for the education!

Reactions: itsallaboutme
Does anyone add GAP coverage to their loans? My lender says they can add it to the loan. It's only $260 just wondering if anyone has bought GAP coverage before. I do also see my insurance offers something similar but that will definitely be higher than the $260 over time.
My friend had it on his Model 3 which got totalled in an accident and he got it replaced with a brand-new Model 3. So highly recommended.

Reactions: itsallaboutme

Best Regards,
The Tesla Team
I am in the same situation and I think we do not have another choice. You can take it off hold on Feb 9 and keep fingers crossed that the delivery will be in March.

Does anyone add GAP coverage to their loans? My lender says they can add it to the loan. It's only $260 just wondering if anyone has bought GAP coverage before. I do also see my insurance offers something similar but that will definitely be higher than the $260 over time.

Thats going to be a personal decision, based on whether you think there will be a gap between what you owe on the loan and what the car is worth, if you had an issue where the car was a total loss.

In "very very general" terms, if you are not putting a lot of money down, gap coverage is something you can think about if the price is reasonable. Having a total loss, and then having the insurance pay out "what the car is worth" then having a balance due still, on a vehicle that is gone, would be an "insult added to injury" situation.

Gap insurance is something you hope you never have to execute, but something to consider if you are not putting a lot of money down. Leases normally come with gap insurance included, but I dont know about tesla leases as I never considered leasing my model 3. If you are leasing, you will want to look into whether gap comes with the lease, and not double pay.

You can always purchase it and if you decide you don’t want it at a later point you can cancel it and get refunded and it will be prorated. Or if you ever sell or trade it in before the loan is paid off. Cancel and get the nice little refund for the remaining life of the loan.