Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Speaking of loans - were you already offered a rate? Mind sharing what you got? I hear wildly varying APRs from different forums.

EDIT:
^ Neat tool. You can check how much you want to pay down to see how much you pay over the life of the loan vs. paying cash.
I qualified for 1.24%, but that's expired. Hopefully won't change with the requalification. I have good credit and had to agree to their monthly deposit stipulation for that rate, I believe it's 1.74% without. 60 months, I think...

I'm self employed and don't have an option for direct deposit paychecks. I confirmed that standard monthly deposit are all that is required and that they'll confirm these 3 months after the loan begins. I've already setup external transfers from my normal bank accounts. I'll probably start with an inflated amount to avoid any issues then adjust down after 4 or 5 months to just cover the loan payments.

I qualified for 1.24%, but that's expired. Hopefully won't change with the requalification. I have good credit and had to agree to their monthly deposit stipulation for that rate, I believe it's 1.74% without. 60 months, I think...

I'm self employed and don't have an option for direct deposit paychecks. I confirmed that standard monthly deposit are all that is required and that they'll confirm these 3 months after the loan begins. I've already setup external transfers from my normal bank accounts. I'll probably start with an inflated amount to avoid any issues then adjust down after 4 or 5 months to just cover the loan payments.
I think their lowest rate is available up to 65 months

Reactions: daveotero

Thats a sweet rate! ( I almost whistled lol )

Do you recall where in the ballpark it was without the monthly deposit?
EDIT: Nevermind just re-read

I was supposed to take possession of my Model 3 LR today. First they called in the morning to ask if they could push out the pick up time by 2 hours due to a "firmware update" that was needed. I called the local dealer and they agreed to deliver it instead. Then, 2 hours before delivery, they called me again and said there is a dent in the fender and it will be sent back to factory. No ETA provided on when a replacement vehicle will be delivered. Meanwhile, I have already paid in full. I talked to the manager at the local Tesla dealer and he said he would do what he could but has no idea on where Tesla is with delivery cycle to San Diego and even said Tesla is now shifting deliveries to midwest. Should I wait for another vehicle or ask for my money back and buy something else?

Reactions: CarlThompson
I was supposed to take possession of my Model 3 LR today. First they called in the morning to ask if they could push out the pick up time by 2 hours due to a "firmware update" that was needed. I called the local dealer and they agreed to deliver it instead. Then, 2 hours before delivery, they called me again and said there is a dent in the fender and it will be sent back to factory. No ETA provided on when a replacement vehicle will be delivered. Meanwhile, I have already paid in full. I talked to the manager at the local Tesla dealer and he said he would do what he could but has no idea on where Tesla is with delivery cycle to San Diego and even said Tesla is now shifting deliveries to midwest. Should I wait for another vehicle or ask for my money back and buy something else?
Damn! Im in San Diego and I just ordered. Looks like its gonna be a long wait.

This was the Carlsbad location?

Check for Tesla owner discount as well. Last I spoke with DCU (around 10 days back) they were offering 0.24% discount for tesla owners.

Damn! Im in San Diego and I just ordered. Looks like its gonna be a long wait.

This was the Carlsbad location?
Yes, I ordered October 1 and was notified right before Christmas it was ready but since I was out of town, I asked them to defer my delivery. The next available car they had for me was today. So now I am a bit concerned it may be another 1 to 2 months before I get it delivered to me. Meanwhile, they have my money. Blue, 19 inch wheels, black interior.

getting my wall charger installed today. my parents were kind enough to install a wall charger at their place as well (visit them frequently in sacramento).

hopefully 2 wall chargers will get me a VIN soon!?
If not, get the custom faceplates! I was supposed to get my wall connector installed tomorrow, but it's the one day of the year we are going to have winter here in Texas, so it got postponed. BUT I go my VIN yesterday, so that sorta evens things out. (My custom faceplate arrived yesterday too, so that's why I'm saying get one haha)

oh that's horrible! ugh... follow up and maybe they will bump you up to the front of the line with a different vehicle (you don't want a new vehicle that's already been through repairs)

Yes, I ordered October 1 and was notified right before Christmas it was ready but since I was out of town, I asked them to defer my delivery. The next available car they had for me was today. So now I am a bit concerned it may be another 1 to 2 months before I get it delivered to me. Meanwhile, they have my money. Blue, 19 inch wheels, black interior.
Be on the lookout for existing inventory and pressure them into giving you priority for those since you've already paid.

Reactions: disneygirl420

Just qualified for this 1.24% rate for 65 months once again. It did require another hard pull which is lame, but whatever. Shouldn't really affect much in the long term.

I was approved for the full amount, but am targeting a $750 monthly payment for easy budgeting. that worked out to financing $47k and I'll pay the rest in "cash". Maybe that info can help someone.

Just woke up to a narrowed EDD: 2/4-2/18. No VIN yet, but fingers crossed that will come very soon.
Update to the above, yesterday I got a text saying they expect my car to be ready "in the next few weeks," and today I got a phone call from a Tesla representative stating that they expect it to be within a couple weeks (I think he said my build was scheduled for 2/10). No new EDD yet.

OD 11/16 / M3LR/ MSM / Black / Aero
Socal

has anyone on the East Coast with a estimated delivery range of Feb gotten a VIN yet? Picking up at Devon, PA location with a EDD of Feb 8-19....finding it hard to believe it's going to actually arrive during that timeframe as I still don't have a VIN. Would love something by Sunday as my excellent financing rate expires on that day
Also picking up in Devon, PA. I don't like the sound of that. I was originally Jan20-Feb20, but got pushed back to Feb 20-March 20