Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN issued last Monday, 1/31, 164XX confirmed AMD Ryzen and Li-ion 12 battery. Location: Socal. Blue ext., black int. Aero Wheels
OD: 10/23/21
Here's 9 EDD changes:
10/25 - 12/16 - 12/31
11/5 - 12/13-12/31
11/28 - 12/22-12/31
12/6 - 1/5-2/2
12/17 - 12/24-12/31
12/25 - 12/27-12/31
12/28 - 1/15-2/12
1/16 - 1/25-2/22
1/25 - 1/27- 2/9
1/28 - 2/1-2/15
1/31 - VIN issued, received call that car will arrive 2/2, pickup scheduled Sat. 2/5

Hi,

I ordered a M3LR White/White with the 18" Aero wheels about a week ago. My estimated delivery date was 3/22-3/31. Yesterday, the estimated delivery date was dropped down to 2/15-2/25. I have not been issued a VIN as of yet. I contacted Tesla and they said it was good sign that things were moving along. Do you guys think it's a fluke or legitimate?
Mostly legit but don't be surprised if it moves again.

How is that for a good non-answer?

Another day and another update lol, just got Tesla Vision acceptance notification. No VIN though.

M3LR MSM/Black 19' Sport, no-fsd (Surrey, BC)
OD: Jan 2/2022
EDD#1: March 2022
EDD#2: Feb 24-March 24
EDD#3 Jan 21: Jan 24- Feb 8
EDD#4 Jan 26: April 2-April 30
EDD#5 Jan 31: Feb 10- March 10
EDD#6 Feb 1: Feb 4-Feb 15
EDD#7 Feb 2: Feb 2-Feb 6

Another day and another update lol, just got Tesla Vision acceptance notification. No VIN though.

Once you accept the Vision Agreement in your account, the VIN should follow.

Reactions: CarlThompson
hahahah.....good one. Also, I was told I didn't need to fill out the financial information until a VIN is issued. Is this correct?
Not totally sure about that, last time I bought my car I just put that I was paying cash (and brought my loan check from my bank to the delivery). I will be doing the same this time around as well.

I do know that there are some flags that you want completed so I just do them all to be safe. I currently have all tasks completed that it allows me to and the account says"

"Next Steps
  • We will contact you to sign contracts and make final payment prior to delivery."

I do not have a vin yet, just an EDD of 2/8-3/8

Such a joy to pick up my car yesterday evening! Had a BLAST driving home from the Tesla store. :) 110% worth the wait. My 1659XX VIN car did come with Ryzen but I have no clue how to check the rest of the newer things. I have a dentist appointment this morning, and will be the HAPPIEST driver heading to a dental appointment ever. I also applied for 3 rebates immediately, since they take 45-90 days to process. Definitely google, as I found some local ones I'd never heard of, and am eligible for 3 rebates here in CA (Monterey Bay area) totaling $5500, plus $400 for the wall charger and free installation (up to 2k back on the install). Hang in there lovelies! You've got this, and it's SOOOOO worth it!!! 😄
Very nice looking car! Congratulations. If you know of any super local rebates for the Monterey Bay area, can you let me know?

Only ones I know of are:

California: Eligible Vehicles | Clean Vehicle Rebate Project
Central Coast Community Energy (for car, readiness, and charger): Electrify Your Ride Program - 3CE
Monterey Bay Air Resources Board: Electric Vehicle Incentive Program

Reactions: Doggerton

I know there are a bunch of different factors at play here, but hopefully you get VIN soon though. Especially since we have very similar OD and EDD's ... (I'm still waiting for a VIN too).

Reactions: Choncho

Yours is moving along quite faster than mine (same pick up location), same build but with 18's and ordered early dec. Maybe I should've got 19's too 🙃

• Funny
Reactions: Choncho
VIN (168XXX) received! Hopefully picking up next week!

Here's the recap:
Order date: Nov 10th 2021
Original estimate Dec 2021 🤣
Numerous EDD...
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX, released
Jan 29th SAME VIN assigned, released
Jan 31st EDD: TBD
Feb 1st EDD: Apr 27th - May 26th 😞 [despair has entered the chat]
Feb 2nd EDD: Feb 13th - 21st (OK, that's better)
Feb 2nd: VIN (168XXX) assigned and confirmed Ryzen, Lithium 12V, and heated wiper park!

My SA is useless so I've started calling central support for everything and the majority of people I've spoken to there have been great. I asked a few details about the heated wiper park as it seems more difficult to find reliable info on that update. They said it is an embedded resistive element similar to the rear defroster that's placed below the hood line where the wipers rest. I've seen a few claim its simply new heater vents aimed at the lower portion of the windshield and that seem to not be the case. I have an entire heated windshield on my Range Rover that is awesome for snowy Colorado mornings since I don't have any covered parking available. I think the heated park area along with the instant heat available with EVs should make the Model 3 just as convenient. I am VERY excited and can't wait to exit this waiting game.

Now to get my DCU loan finished up. I've been on hold with them for an hour already. 😒

VIN (168XXX) received! Hopefully picking up next week!

Here's the recap:
Order date: Nov 10th 2021
Original estimate Dec 2021 🤣
Numerous EDD...
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX, released
Jan 29th SAME VIN assigned, released
Jan 31st EDD: TBD
Feb 1st EDD: Apr 27th - May 26th 😞 [despair has entered the chat]
Feb 2nd EDD: Feb 13th - 21st (OK, that's better)
Feb 2nd: VIN (168XXX) assigned and confirmed Ryzen, Lithium 12V, and heated wiper park!

My SA is useless so I've started calling central support for everything and the majority of people I've spoken to there have been great. I asked a few details about the heated wiper park as it seems more difficult to find reliable info on that update. They said it is an embedded resistive element similar to the rear defroster that's placed below the hood line where the wipers rest. I've seen a few claim its simply new heater vents aimed at the lower portion of the windshield and that seem to not be the case. I have an entire heated windshield on my Range Rover that is awesome for snowy Colorado mornings since I don't have any covered parking available. I think the heated park area along with the instant heat available with EVs should make the Model 3 just as convenient. I am VERY excited and can't wait to exit this waiting game.

Now to get my DCU loan finished up. I've been on hold with them for an hour already. 😒
Speaking of loans - were you already offered a rate? Mind sharing what you got? I hear wildly varying APRs from different forums.

EDIT:
^ Neat tool. You can check how much you want to pay down to see how much you pay over the life of the loan vs. paying cash.

Last edited:
Word is starting to spread about the Ryzen chipset. We've known about it for months, but a fairly mainstream YouTuber just shared the news 48h ago.

To his credit, he focuses not on the infotainment improvements but rather on the "futureproofing" aspect of having a more modern (and yes, more responsive) processor running things.

Reactions: Paul4343 and T4M3