Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just qualified for this 1.24% rate for 65 months once again. It did require another hard pull which is lame, but whatever. Shouldn't really affect much in the long term.

I was approved for the full amount, but am targeting a $750 monthly payment for easy budgeting. that worked out to financing $47k and I'll pay the rest in "cash". Maybe that info can help someone.
that's a great rate, what institution quoted that?

Reactions: In_the_process
I qualified for 1.24%, but that's expired. Hopefully won't change with the requalification. I have good credit and had to agree to their monthly deposit stipulation for that rate, I believe it's 1.74% without. 60 months, I think...

I'm self employed and don't have an option for direct deposit paychecks. I confirmed that standard monthly deposit are all that is required and that they'll confirm these 3 months after the loan begins. I've already setup external transfers from my normal bank accounts. I'll probably start with an inflated amount to avoid any issues then adjust down after 4 or 5 months to just cover the loan payments.
Where on earth did you get such a low rate? That's great. Please share if you can because the lowest I've seen in my area (Philly) is 2.5

While we’re on the topic of recalls, there is a large article in today’s Washington Post about phantom braking problems with Tesla vehicles and the current NHSTA investigations into the issue. Seems unclear if this problem is related to sensitivity of the new Tesla Vision system vs the older radar sensors. Should be interesting to see how this gets resolved.

In my 2018 Model 3 I didn't use Autopilot that often but when I did I almost never had any phantom braking. (My previous BMW had much worse phantom braking.) That one had RADAR so I'd guess the problem is mainly with the newer vision-only cars. I'm about to find out as I'm expecting a new Model 3 soon...

VIN (168XXX) received! Hopefully picking up next week!

Here's the recap:
Order date: Nov 10th 2021
Original estimate Dec 2021 🤣
Numerous EDD...
Jan 25th VIN assigned 153XXX, released
Jan 29th SAME VIN assigned, released
Jan 31st EDD: TBD
Feb 1st EDD: Apr 27th - May 26th 😞 [despair has entered the chat]
Feb 2nd EDD: Feb 13th - 21st (OK, that's better)
Feb 2nd: VIN (168XXX) assigned and confirmed Ryzen, Lithium 12V, and heated wiper park!

My SA is useless so I've started calling central support for everything and the majority of people I've spoken to there have been great. I asked a few details about the heated wiper park as it seems more difficult to find reliable info on that update. They said it is an embedded resistive element similar to the rear defroster that's placed below the hood line where the wipers rest. I've seen a few claim its simply new heater vents aimed at the lower portion of the windshield and that seem to not be the case. I have an entire heated windshield on my Range Rover that is awesome for snowy Colorado mornings since I don't have any covered parking available. I think the heated park area along with the instant heat available with EVs should make the Model 3 just as convenient. I am VERY excited and can't wait to exit this waiting game.

Now to get my DCU loan finished up. I've been on hold with them for an hour already. 😒
This and a few other posts give me some hope I'll get Ryzen when I lift hold. I ordered 5 days after you and I received Intel Vin few weeks ago and put on hold till next week...I might lift the hold this weekend..fingers crossed for Ryzen Vin.

Reactions: daveotero
(moderator note)

Im going to (Again) head off all the "DCU" talk. TMC does not allow referrals, and because of rampant exploitation of DCU referrals we are particularly sensitive to that one.

Because people have not been listening to us when we say this, I have been having to issue people temporary bans to get their attention. Every time "DCU" comes up people start talking about referrals and such, so this is a warning to not do that or risk a temporary ban.

Just qualified for this 1.24% rate for 65 months once again. It did require another hard pull which is lame, but whatever. Shouldn't really affect much in the long term.

I was approved for the full amount, but am targeting a $750 monthly payment for easy budgeting. that worked out to financing $47k and I'll pay the rest in "cash". Maybe that info can help someone.
How do you get such an amazing rate?
I did the financing through Tesla at 2.49
I have stellar credit so I should qualify for a better rate… but where do I find these rates?!

Are you suggesting that all the accounts of phantom braking we've been hearing about here and elsewhere may not be true?
I rented a 3 from Hertz a couple weeks ago, it only had 400mi on it, and the phantom braking was horrible. Bad enough that I thought about canceling my order but decided that I trust it’ll be solved.

I got another EDD today, the last one was 3/8-3/31, now I‘m 2/24-3/24. like the rest of you, I can’t wait to get it.

How do you get such an amazing rate?
I did the financing through Tesla at 2.49
I have stellar credit so I should qualify for a better rate… but where do I find these rates?!

Thats through outside financing. You would need to look for outside financing credit unions etc yourself. The rate through tesla is whatever it is at that time, which I believe right now thats their lowest.

EDIT:

There is a stickied thread that has a google doc that used to auto update with credit union rates etc. The thread itself is closed (because of the referral problem I mention earlier), but I did not delete the thread itself. The first post in this thread linked below has some links to google docs with information.

Note that I am not endorsing anything in any way, I am just attempting to pass on some information thats here already.

Last edited:
Reactions: disneygirl420
I am curious if they pre-fab things like interior and exterior color to predict demand, which would then impact individuals who order things like white interior or less popular exterior color. However, one one would assume that would be reflected in the EDD so you can make the appropriate choice when ordering.
Yes, they do. That is what is called SOP - Sales Operations Planning relying on APO - Advanced Planning and Optimization software.

Personally I wanted blue... I didn't wanna wait this long, but seeing all these white/blacks delivered is ugh for sure ;)

Though I did just see 2 people with the exact same config in Texas/Florida take delivery! I mean they only ordered like 1+ months later but ya know, who's counting ;)
Mine is DBM and got VIN assigned today. Order date: 12/08/2021.
DBM/LR/AWD/Aero/White interior