Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like Tesla's financing floor is now 2.74% and not 2.49% as a heads up.

DCU. I got 1.49% with a low 700s score (been hitting my credit hard with inquiries and accounts lately)

Did you just apply for an auto loan without being a member? I thought you had to be a member of DCU to get the rates. I would really like some more information on this as I'm still looking for a bank to work with.

Yea I'm actually somewhat curious about this as well. I submitted an application with them, but was NOT a member at the time, and they quoted me nothing near < 2% (like high 2's if I remember correctly). This is coming from someone with ~810 credit, and no real remarks to speak of (or debt to speak of). I was kind of shocked that it was higher than what Tesla offered through US Bank tbh.

Update :( on my order... Had been looking forward to welcoming Spring in a new car, but alas...

M3LR/MSM/White/Aero/NoFSD
OD: 2/07
EDD (time of order): 3/6-3/31
EDD (2/14): 5/1-5/29
Washington, DC/Pickup Tyco Rd

That is a really large jump, wonder what is up with logistics/manufacturing at Fremont.
I'm curious as well. I ordered 1/29. My EDD was 3/17-3/30. I just got an update today that my EDD is now 5/6-6/3. What gives??

Does the tesla loan offer definitely expire after exactly 60 days from the approval date? I was approved 12/28, 60 days from that would be 2/26, and my EDD is 2/27 - 3/3. So by that math, I would just barely miss it, and it sounds like I'd have to take the increase rate. Bummer.

Also does anyone have experience refinancing a tesla loan? I read elsewhere that there are no fees for a refinance, but that seems too good to be true. If that's the case though, I might just refi with DCU after I take delivery.

Reactions: disneygirl420
Unless the insurance co. is pretty shady lousy, a first glass claim won't typically increase your premiums. Most premium increases are usually for things you can control, like kind of car, tickets, being at fault, where you live, or how many miles you drive. Random rock? Not so much, but if you live close to a quarry, and start submitting glass claims frequently, then they'll increase for sure.
They may treat the roof differently. I'd rather save my first glass claim (if needed) for the windshield. It is almost twice the price.

Getting my M3LR delivered later this week. Tesla is going to drop off the car at my apartment. Apparently this is a completely contactless drop off where they park the car and leave the registration papers inside.

I didn’t get to choose to pick the car up at a Tesla location instead.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure how I feel about this kind of delivery.

Getting my M3LR delivered later this week. Tesla is going to drop off the car at my apartment. Apparently this is a completely contactless drop off where they park the car and leave the registration papers inside.

Has this happened to anyone else? Not sure how I feel about this kind of delivery.
Exactly what happened to me
I'm getting delivery on Wednesday the same way. I wasn't thrilled about it either. But when I called to try and change it back to pick up they told me I couldn't.

Checked my account earlier this morning and a new section has appeared.
unknown (1).png

Well, it's been a busy weekend. After getting my VIN Friday, I secured Tesla financing and insurance, and got all the other details squared away. They could probably do with making the process less dependent on completing everything at the last second, but at least it was super easy to do everything through my phone.
(Tesla picked the one weekend I went to Disney to give me a VIN, lol)

Scheduled pickup is later today. In contrast to the guy above I wanted it delivered, but Tesla changed it to pickup on their own. Oh well. Not a big deal for me.

Me too for our MS. I tried in vain to change it many times. I want time to inspect the car before they run off. That is also why I went the cashiers check route. If you need to get any money back it takes FOREVER from Tesla. I had a $500 overpayment on titling on my MY and it took almost 7 weeks to get a check back from corporate. Can you how long they would set on 50k-150k?

They get my money after I inspect the car, not before! So if they want to drop it at my house, they can wait while I inspect before handing over a check.

They get my money after I inspect the car, not before! So if they want to drop it at my house, they can wait while I inspect before handing over a check.
This is precisely why I refused to do an EFT last time and will not do it for my replacement car. And while it would be nice if Tesla offered home delivery to my area (which is only 20 miles from a service center/showroom), these posts are making me reconsider how fortunate I am to "have to" pick it up from their location.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I'm just east of you (Newmarket) OD 1/16 and received VIN (173xxx) 2/9 but no EDD. Supposedly their IT folks are looking at it. Text on 1/12 said "ETA" is last week in Feb.
I just talked to SA from Paramus yesterday and he said that the cars are scheduled to come in on Feb 28th and then they are looking at delivery around the 1st week of March. I won't be surprised if both of our cars are going to be delivered around the same date. My VIN is 183xxx.

Their IT department seems to be looking at the TBD since December for me haha. It has been TBD since then all the way up to when I got my VIN. At some point, I was wondering if they forgot about me.

I went to the Mesa service center to test drive a Tesla and check on my delivery date. They told mw they no longer are doing pickups from service centers and everything will be contactless. If we have any problems we can give them a call or make a request. Congrats on your delivery! I hope to get a VIN soon. My EDD is still showing 2/15 - 3/15

Reactions: Louis86s