Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It’s surreal, long time dream come true. Picked up my car today! It was great for most part, but saw slight misalignment between driver door with left fender panel. SA said it’s within spec but I can schedule service if needed, still thinking if I should, as the door works just fine.

OD: 10/31
VIN: 170XXX
MCU: AMD Ryzen
12V batt: yet to check, heavy rains here.
Rear dual pane: No
“If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”

Reactions: KN0607
Good news, my car cover came in today.

Bad news, the truck carrying my Tesla is stuck on the US side of the border crossing because of the protests.
My delivery has been pushed forward 24 hours.
Tomorrow was the last day of solid sunshine and above freezing temperatures.
Saturday is a rain/snow mix and around -5C, and the following days are all -20C and below with snow

I have delivery scheduled for next Wednesday but was texted today and informed that the car arrived earlier than expected. They asked me if I could pick it up tomorrow or Saturday if I wanted.

Are they asking me in this case, or pretty much urging me to get it as soon as possible? I scheduled things around my delivery date (like me being out of town at the moment). Given that they don't like to hold cars much, I'm just hoping they honor my original delivery date and aren't trying to force me to pick it up earlier given I can't at the moment.

Delivery scheduled for at home delivery on 02/25

M3LR, MSM,18",NO FSD
OD - 01/03/22
EDD - 02/20/22 - 03/20/22
Updated EDD on 02/04 - 02/19/22 - 03/05/2022
Updated EDD with VIN 02/13 - 02/25/22 -03/01/2022
Proof of Insurance sent to Tesla on 02/14
DCU check delivered to Tesla on 02/16 (that fully paid for the car...I had already paid $10K)
Got a call to schedule delivery on 02/17 (today) - Even though I was not given the home delivery option when ordering, this is the option that was given to me over the phone. SA said the car is scheduled to arrive at the Dallas location on 02/23 and they needed a day or so to prep it. I asked for the earliest possible time and got 02/25 from 8-Noon.

Well, well, well! We have a VIN!!

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
Feb 13 EDD: Feb 15- Mar 1
Feb 16 EDD: Feb 17-Feb 28
Feb 17: VIN assigned. 178XXX; new EDD is Feb 17-22

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.

I found the VIN by checking the app and website. No text or contact otherwise from Tesla yet. I just uploaded my insurance details to the app.

Question: I am paying cash and the app is prompting me to pay now via ACH. I prefer to pay after I inspect and accept the car. Can I do that (by just ignoring the payment prompt in the app??)?

Question: I am paying cash and the app is prompting me to pay now via ACH. I prefer to pay after I inspect and accept the car. Can I do that (by just ignoring the payment prompt in the app??)?
Congrats on the VIN and yes, that is what I am doing, I will give them a certified/cashier check after I check the car out. But I also let them know via text message and they said OK. So you might want to let them know just in case so that they do not assume you are passing on the delivery.

Well, well, well! We have a VIN!!

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
Feb 13 EDD: Feb 15- Mar 1
Feb 16 EDD: Feb 17-Feb 28
Feb 17: VIN assigned. 178XXX; new EDD is Feb 17-22

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.

I found the VIN by checking the app and website. No text or contact otherwise from Tesla yet. I just uploaded my insurance details to the app.

Congrats! Happy for my fellow NCALer!

Some insane whiplash,EDD went from 2/2- 2/28 last week, then 3/10 a 3/31 last night.

Was on the brink of canceling my order today given Musk’s terrible post about Trudeau, but decided to stick with it.

Looked again today and now my car is slated for 2/17-2/21 and a VIN has been assigned.
do you mind posting the order date and config? I am doing some trending... additionally was your first VIN range in 178xxx to 181xxx?

Congrats on the VIN and yes, that is what I am doing, I will give them a certified/cashier check after I check the car out. But I also let them know via text message and they said OK. So you might want to let them know just in case so that they do not assume you are passing on the delivery.
Love it! @T4M3 Same idea here... maybe 50% wire, cashiers check after acceptance :D and I let them know.