Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s really weird.

Order date 1/13/22 - Location Orlando

Hey! I also live in Orlando.
Place order 1/13/22
M3LR, MSM, Black, No FSD, Aero wheels.

Got my VIN today!
EDD 3/7 - 3/11

Confirm with my advisor: Lithium Ion low voltage battery, heated wiper park, AMD processor, and supposedly upgraded sound system due to new cpu?
Wow.

I ordered same exact trim and ordered on 1/7/22. I'm in Miami. Nothing yet for me.

What in the world is going on at Tesla right now? EDD for a model 3 white on white non perf with Aero wheels, no FSD has gone from February to 4/25 to 5/26. Ordered last September, placed on hold, removed hold on 2/2. Was told it should match any day and to expect it in a week or two. My Model Y order has been all over the place as well.

Delivery to be in Portland Oregon

I get there is high demand, but Tesla is saying new orders are delivered close to when most of us should be seeing ours. Does that mean there is a production issue they aren’t talking about?

Something tells me there is more going on a Tesla than we know. Perhaps they are only delivering Perf, FSD, or maybe they are working on the Hertz order?

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: DC_Wheels52
I was assigned a VIN and later removed, Tesla called me back to let me know it didn’t pass in the factory inspection back in line for now.
Considering how many manufacturing defects don’t get discovered until after final delivery, it must have been pretty forking awful for them to catch it. Maybe count yourself lucky that they didn’t drop that car in your driveway and run? 🤗🤣

What I’m the world is going on at Tesla right now? EDD for a white on white non perf with Aero wheels has gone from February to 4/25 to 5/26. Ordered last September, placed on hold, removed hold on 2/2. Was told it should match any day and to expect it in a week or two. My Model Y order has been all over the place as well.
I'm just speculating, but I haven't seen many orders with white interiors receiving vins in the past week or so. Could be nothing to it, just something I've noticed.

• Informative
What in the world is going on at Tesla right now? EDD for a model 3 white on white non perf with Aero wheels, no FSD has gone from February to 4/25 to 5/26. Ordered last September, placed on hold, removed hold on 2/2. Was told it should match any day and to expect it in a week or two. My Model Y order has been all over the place as well.

Delivery to be in Portland Oregon

I get there is high demand, but Tesla is saying new orders are delivered close to when most of us should be seeing ours. Does that mean there is a production issue they aren’t talking about?

Something tells me there is more going on a Tesla than we know. Perhaps they are only delivering Perf, FSD, or maybe they are working on the Hertz order?
I would imagine that a LOT of the volatility in EDD has to do with the Austin plant getting close to coming online. Until it does, model Y capacity at Fremont is what it is, and model 3 capacity at Fremont is what it is.
As soon as Austin is up and running to their satisfaction, all of the Model Y capacity at Fremont will need to get retooled for model 3 production. Every day delayed in TX also effects CA. I’m sure that they have based a lot of predictions on extremely rosy timelines at Austin that aren’t being met, and our headaches are the ultimate result.

• Informative
I would imagine that a LOT of the volatility in EDD has to do with the Austin plant getting close to coming online. Until it does, model Y capacity at Fremont is what it is, and model 3 capacity at Fremont is what it is.
As soon as Austin is up and running to their satisfaction, all of the Model Y capacity at Fremont will need to get retooled for model 3 production. Every day delayed in TX also effects CA. I’m sure that they have based a lot of predictions on extremely rosy timelines at Austin that aren’t being met, and our headaches are the ultimate result.
My advisor said I’d be seeing both my Y and my 3 within a week or 2, so I sold my other car, my bad! Now I’m riding a Ninebot ES3 and public transportation now, LOL. First world problems.