Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question for the folks nearing delivery - When should the insurance be effective from? I am yet to schedule delivery and waiting on the delivery scheduling text. Should I wait to get insurance until my delivery date is fixed?
Yeah I am in the same boat as you. I won't update insurance until I get a concrete Delivery Date. Tried to get one while I already had them on the phone to update my MVPA from cash to third party financing but they said they won't schedule that until the car gets closer to this side of the country. Still in transit currently. He also suggested to not pay off the balance until 72 hours prior to delivery.

Reactions: ds335
Good morning, afternoon and evening everyone!

I am here to say I am graduating from the forum. Thank you all so much for the support and remember to support each other as you learn.

Short story... The Sacramento location called, said they had a decline (Military guy has to deploy with short notice... hmmm) with my config, and I was next in line. I said yes I would take it, got some basic info and was able to see the assignment in the application.

Date of Build 2-9-22, Date of Delivery 2-19-22 Total Order to Delivery was 28 days. 4 Miles at call, but after delivery from overflow lot and detailing, accepted with 7 miles on the odometer. WOW. 175xxx Yes it has the Ryzen chip. The software version is 2021.43.102. I am told the system will update soon, but apparently no way to know when. Car is connected to WiFi in the Garage 24/7 when parked. We shall see! The location was not the best place to pick up the vehicle, and no amenities (coffee machine and refrigerator for bottled water was broke... really?). They happily took the payment. We did the inspection. 45 minutes later, only 8 issues. 6 cosmetic and 2 related to the front and rear lights alignment.

See you on the other side...
Best wish to all,
-jMac

New EDD...getting there... :)

M3LR/MSM/White/18"/No FSD/Atlanta

OD: Nov 4, 2021
OD EDD: Dec 2021

Nov 5 EDD: Dec 10 - Dec 31
Nov 26 EDD: Jan 25 - Feb 22
Jan 6 EDD: Mar 8 - Mar 31
Jan 13 EDD: Mar 15 - Mar 31
Feb 9 EDD: Apr 26 - May 4
Feb 9: I asked SA about the push backs and was told my profile was incomplete (after 3 months! :mad:)
Feb 9: I completed the trade-in & Payment details
Feb 14 EDD: Mar 2 - Mar 29
Feb 21 EDD: Mar 9 - Mar 21

Reactions: luckofBrian
I own a Model 3!!!! Took delivery yesterday in Colma, CA. The car was prepared and waiting for me in parking slot #7. I used the Tesla Prep app checklist and dutifully reviewed everything. Apart from a 1" wrinkle in the weather gasket along the right rear passenger door window, everything else was in pretty perfect condition. Car has Ryzen and new battery. Did first home charge last night with my new outlet. Very excited to be graduating from this room and getting to enjoy my car.

Is there a handy book of like the Top 50 tips and tricks to set up the Model 3 features? I would love a "quick start" quide to get everything setup and configured as smoothly as possible.

Good to everyone awaiting their own deliveries.

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
Feb 13 EDD: Feb 15- Mar 1
Feb 16 EDD: Feb 17-Feb 28
Feb 17: VIN assigned. 178XXX; new EDD is Feb 17-22
Feb 18: Delivery scheduled for Feb 21 (21st was my choice ... could have been 1-2 days sooner)
Feb 20: Picked up vehicle (was able to make it a day earlier than planned).

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.

Question for the folks nearing delivery - When should the insurance be effective from? I am yet to schedule delivery and waiting on the delivery scheduling text. Should I wait to get insurance until my delivery date is fixed?
Yes, add it after you get your delivery date. Some say it needs to be effective three days prior to delivery, not sure about that. In my case, I made it effective one week prior to delivery, the price difference was not that much. Afterwards, I added the insurance image via the app.

Reactions: ds335
M3LR, Red/White, 19", no FSD, Florida
OD: 2/17/22
EDD: May 16 - June 13

On 2/20/22 I switched from MSP to MSLR. Reading too many things on the 20" tires that I don't want to deal with, still might switch to 18s but haven't heard much bad about the 19s. Also will save close to $200/month between loan and Insurance. Will buy Boost package making the LR 1.5sec faster 0-60 than my current Cadillac ATS 2.0T.

Switching from Preformance to LR had no effect on my EDD which pretty much tells me the date is just a placeholder.

I have completed all steps except for payment, TA said not to apply for loan until VIN is assigned.

I own a Model 3!!!! Took delivery yesterday in Colma, CA. The car was prepared and waiting for me in parking slot #7. I used the Tesla Prep app checklist and dutifully reviewed everything. Apart from a 1" wrinkle in the weather gasket along the right rear passenger door window, everything else was in pretty perfect condition. Car has Ryzen and new battery. Did first home charge last night with my new outlet. Very excited to be graduating from this room and getting to enjoy my car.

Is there a handy book of like the Top 50 tips and tricks to set up the Model 3 features? I would love a "quick start" quide to get everything setup and configured as smoothly as possible.

Good to everyone awaiting their own deliveries.

OD: 12/22/21
EDD: Jan 29-Feb 29
EDD: Dec 29-31
Dec 28: reversed my ACH cash payment, released VIN and placed order on Hold
Jan 26: released Hold
Jan 27 EDD: Feb 4-Mar 4
Feb 4 EDD: Feb 8-Feb 22
Feb 9 EDD: Feb 10-24
Feb 11 EDD: Feb 15-Mar 15
Feb 13 EDD: Feb 15- Mar 1
Feb 16 EDD: Feb 17-Feb 28
Feb 17: VIN assigned. 178XXX; new EDD is Feb 17-22
Feb 18: Delivery scheduled for Feb 21 (21st was my choice ... could have been 1-2 days sooner)
Feb 20: Picked up vehicle (was able to make it a day earlier than planned).

M3LR/White/Black/18” Aero/no FSD. Live in the Bay Area, just up the road from Palo Alto.
There are 1 million and a half videos on youtube going over software, setup, accessories, basically anything you could want, I would look there.

Reactions: Paul4343