Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen some people mention how not completing payment has delayed their delivery window significantly. I'm leasing my vehicle and have no option to give a down payment or anything but I have been approved for a lease through Tesla. Is there anything else I need to do to expedite delivery?

EDD 4/23-5/20
You should be fine. If you want, you can text them and ask if there are any other items you need to complete.

Hello,

I just wanted to share my EDD.
It recently got pushed from 2/20-3/1 to 2/22 to 3/3. The original EDD was end of March. I haven’t gotten a VIN, trade in text or any sort of communication besides the original email when I ordered. I want to start my trade in process so I’m not rushing since the quotes only last a week. I’m not sure if this EDD is realistic with the lack of communication. Does anyone else have similar EDD and order date?

OD 1/23, white, white, aero, no fsd, NorCal
Have you selected a payment option yet?
I completed all the steps, and selected cash so I could actually be in line, but I actually planned to trade-in and finance.
Had a similar experience - basically no communication until I got my VIN and asked to switch to finance and submitted vehicle info.
Verify this, but I am fairly certain that trade in offers last 30 days or 250 miles, which ever comes first.
If your trade-in is currently financed, you need a payoff letter from the current lienholder so Tesla can subtract the difference from your trade-in credit.
The payoff letter is valid for only a week.

• Funny
Reactions: JustVee
Anyone else with early feb OD see their delivery get pushed from March to may pretty much immediately after order? I am seeing most people around 2/4 OD still saying March here.
Change financing cash, remove trade, etc.

That occurred to me then it adjusted once the above was done. However, looks like the order timelines been adjusted since the. To Atleast April last i looked so might not adjust too much now.

Impatiently waiting & 1st Post 😁

Model 3 Long Range
White on White w/o FSD
Delivery To Houston TX

1/18 - Ordered 11AM EDD - March 1-31
1/30 - EDD of April 11 - May 9th!!! WAS FURIOUS, but expected a delay.
2/12 - EDD updated to March 18-31st .... Much Happier

Fingers crossed on keeping or beating the current EDD.
1AC895AA-23DC-408C-A6DA-DB4DD1690690.jpeg

Updated EDD 2/21: 3/5-3/16

I've seen some people mention how not completing payment has delayed their delivery window significantly. I'm leasing my vehicle and have no option to give a down payment or anything but I have been approved for a lease through Tesla. Is there anything else I need to do to expedite delivery?

EDD 4/23-5/20
I'm leasing also, got my delivery date scheduled today. Once you get a delivery date, you'll be able to complete your down payment step.

Pickup 2/22. Confirmed Ryzen/Li Ion. Car built yesterday. FYI OD 12/3. MSM/Black/ 18”
Pickup was supposed to be tomorrow, but I just got a call from the delivery location saying they need to replace the oil pump as it wasn’t working properly. “Perhaps got jostled when it was trucked down here”. Not good, but I guess it’s better than having it fail after I got it. He assured me everything else was fine with the car. Rescheduled pickup for Thursday 😠

Pickup was supposed to be tomorrow, but I just got a call from the delivery location saying they need to replace the oil pump as it wasn’t working properly. “Perhaps got jostled when it was trucked down here”. Not good, but I guess it’s better than having it fail after I got it. He assured me everything else was fine with the car. Rescheduled pickup for Thursday 😠
Oil pump? Thought the M3LR had an electric motor. :)

Reactions: EnjoiM3
At lunchtime I got a text letting me know that my vehicle arrived at the store, and still needed to undergo inspections.
Got a text just now that it passed, so in less than 24 hours I'll be picking it up. Hopefully just like everyone else it won't have any major issues.

The last few days have had me on the edge of my seat.
An added complication with the unexpected delays in my delivery was that my payoff letter expired, and the updated one had an extra $11 on it.
I was scrambling to figure out how to get a bank draft for $11 in under 48 hours on a long weekend (discount bank Tangerine means I don't have a physical branch to pick it up - its mailed to me). And opening an account at any of the major banks might have meant a 4 business day hold on any funds that are deposited into the account. Emailed my SA to let them know and they said they'd put in a request to adjust the paperwork to have payment due at delivery as $0.00, so hopefully that really happens in the next 24 hours.

Aaaand just got the *hopefully* final email from my SA.
Things to bring:
  • Insurance for the Tesla Model 3
  • Void Cheque/PAD form
  • License plate for the plate transfer
  • The outstanding $11 can be payed via credit card
  • Trade-in vehicle, including:
    • Registration/Title
    • Any keys/FOBs
They've alotted me 45 minutes for the delivery.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220221-1712333.png
    Screenshot_20220221-1712333.png
    143.9 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Regaj and cmy4x4