Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So.... after Ryzen and Li-Ion 12v, heated wipers, and (allegedly) dual-pane rear glass, here comes another potential upgrade to chase that may potentially entice TMC members to defer their coming delivery to try to snag without paying for a retrofit.....

Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3

Linky: Tesla launches new automatic electric trunk for Model 3, upgrade available at official service centers

Rolled out in China, but a Dallas-based owner is reporting that his Saturday M3LR delivery included a powered trunk. First I've heard of this, anyone else tracking this? Or have I been living under a rock and all Fremont M3LRs have had this feature forever? :)
The article is referring to a retrofit for older models. All 2021+ M3’s have it.

Reactions: KN0607
FYI. Based on the Tesla Sheet Tracker:

1. October - November --> 71% of orders have a VIN assigned
  2. December 2021 --> 54% of orders have a VIN assigned
  3. January 1 - 15th --> 51% of orders have a VIN assigned
  4. January 16th - January 31st --> 14% of orders have VIN assigned

Given this trend you have a 50% chance to receive a VIN within 30-40 days. Otherwise, expect to get a VIN in 60-70 days.

Silver M3LR, black interior, 18" Aero, FSD

OD: 1/14
1/14 EDD: March 30-March31
1/25 EDD: Feb 28-March 28
2/9 EDD: Feb 21-March 1
2/15: Delivery date set for 2/24

I had planned on trading in a car and had gotten my trade in price on ~1/20. It expired on 2/20 and I immediately put in my updated mileage that it asked for - no new photos requested. Still waiting for my new valuation of my trade in. I pick the M3LR up in 2 days and would like to know if my value is going to go down, as then I would have to pay significantly more in cash if I don't end up trading it in. Is it worth calling the local dealer about it that I will be picking up at? I assume they aren't responsible for this pending valuation. Thanks!

I had planned on trading in a car and had gotten my trade in price on ~1/20. It expired on 2/20 and I immediately put in my updated mileage that it asked for - no new photos requested. Still waiting for my new valuation of my trade in. I pick the M3LR up in 2 days and would like to know if my value is going to go down, as then I would have to pay significantly more in cash if I don't end up trading it in. Is it worth calling the local dealer about it that I will be picking up at? I assume they aren't responsible for this pending valuation. Thanks!

I personally think you'd get a better valuation through something like Carvana. They offered me $4K more than what Tesla did. Carvana has a strong used car supply chain and service enters that can detail/fix used cars.

I personally think you'd get a better valuation through something like Carvana. They offered me $4K more than what Tesla did. Carvana has a strong used car supply chain and service enters that can detail/fix used cars.
+1 for Carvana or Carmax.

They offered me $4000 more than my Toyota dealer could for my Prius when I traded in for my first M3. The guy told me they basically already have your car sold when they make an offer for it, and they will ship it wherever it will make them the most money. The Prius wasn't even in the greatest of shape, dinged up and a pushed in back corner, and they still gave me way over KBB for it.

My tesla trade in offer expired and I had to update the mileage. They ended up offering me more than last time

I am shopping for mud flaps, but couldn’t figure what’s right. Tesla seems to have only for front while others have for all 4. Did you order from Tesla or somewhere else?
Yeah, I am typically leaning towards OEM parts and hence, I ordered from Tesla and yes, for some reason they are only for the front. Any reason why Tesla is not offering these for the rear?

Reactions: KN0607
Finally picked it up on Sunday, I was origanally assigned VIN 177XXX but was notified the day before that they had assigned me a newer VIN 182XXX because the previous one had some issues. I was in an out in less than 20 min. No gaps, no errors on screen, Confirmed Ryzen Chip and Li-ion battery and double pane windows for the 2 in the front only.

Attachments

• image1-7.jpeg
    image1-7.jpeg
    383.7 KB · Views: 100