Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@DRM4 - With such variability in delivery timing, I was wondering how Tesla would handle your situation when ending one Tesla lease and starting another. If your new M3LR is delayed, will Tesla allow you to keep your current M3LR until delivery of the new one? I assume one needs to aware of the latest delivery intervals when ordering the next leased vehicle. Any other insights on your process?
Yes, they would extend the lease of my current M3 LR until the new one arrives.

San Diego folks
Just saw this on a Facebook group

D31ED407-1C24-40BD-A97D-BBF591A1CB99.png

Anyone in here from Massachusetts that has financed thru DCU and picked the car up at Dedham?

I got approved for loan and DCU loan officer asked me if I would like the check sent to Tesla or to me (either way it would be made out to Tesla). I wasnt sure but she seemed to say that sending it out to me was better because if something were to go wrong then check would be in my hands and easy to void out the whole thing.

But I read that in some states you cannot take the check to them at delivery?

Is this going to be an issue for me? Taking the DCU check made out to Tesla on delivery date?

It might depend on your proximity to Fremont? I'm up the coast in the Seattle area; saw my VIN in the app on Fri. 2/11, then got the "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model 3 for delivery" text the next morning on Sat. 2/12. I was given a delivery window of Thurs. 2/17-Sat. 2/19. For folks closer to the factory, I think the timing is even tighter; I feel like some people even got a VIN and picked up their car within a day or two??
I’m in AZ, I got my vin on Monday 2/21, with a delivery window of 2/21-2/25 so it was a very short window. Also, per the Tesla rep I spoke to, the car was already the store Thursday 2/17.

Yes, for some reason the Tesla shop does not have flaps for the rear. Wondering if they consider them as unnecessary? Any thoughts?

FWIW, per the installation procedure here, the installation does not need any drilling: Do It Yourself - Model 3
I wonder if it has to do with Aero issues. A mud flap at the rear ( or front ) would cause some range loss especially on the highway. Maybe the benefits of having one on the front outweigh the aero losses but not so much on the rear.

Reactions: T4M3
which mud flaps are you getting? does it require to drill? I saw one of the good selling flap from amazon saying the 2022 M3 require drilling. wondering what is the difference on the new M3. Here is the link for the flap - https://www.amazon.com/BASENOR-Tesla-Model-Splash-Guards/dp/B07V36S77Y/
I purchased some from tesbros. Comes with a bit of PPF as well.

Anyone in here from Massachusetts that has financed thru DCU and picked the car up at Dedham?

I got approved for loan and DCU loan officer asked me if I would like the check sent to Tesla or to me (either way it would be made out to Tesla). I wasnt sure but she seemed to say that sending it out to me was better because if something were to go wrong then check would be in my hands and easy to void out the whole thing.

But I read that in some states you cannot take the check to them at delivery?

Is this going to be an issue for me? Taking the DCU check made out to Tesla on delivery date?

Talked to advisor. Walking in the check is fine.

Delivery date was March 5 but advisor said my car has arrived in NJ and will be on truck to Massachusetts soon.

I might be able to pick it Monday or Tuesday!

Talked to advisor. Walking in the check is fine.

Delivery date was March 5 but advisor said my car has arrived in NJ and will be on truck to Massachusetts soon.

I might be able to pick it Monday or Tuesday!
I am also going through the process to get loan from DCU. I want to know if the check that hand over to tesla include the downpayment or not? in another word, you pay the downpayment to tesla or DCU? thanks.

thanks, it didn't say it require drilling or not. I am just wondering why the one I found from amazon saying the 2022 M3 require to drill, wondering if anyone knows the difference.

Those are the ones I’m considering too…

I may put some double sided 3M tape or maybe foam/rubber behind the edges to keep debris from getting behind there.

Also, FWIW, they have a delivery checklist that seems pretty good.

thanks, it didn't say it require drilling or not. I am just wondering why the one I found from amazon saying the 2022 M3 require to drill, wondering if anyone knows the difference.
When I watched the install video, it appeared they clipped onto the fender and used the OEM clips towards the bottom. I would be nervous randomly drilling inside a high voltage electric car!