Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Tesla is being delivered tomorrow so I had to finish the final payment and other paperwork. At the point I notice the car had 15 miles, so I texted Tesla asking if this car was test driven by other and want to make sure I’m getting new car and not floor model-per say. I’ve notice many people that picked up the new car with only few miles on it. Tesla replied back stating “Hello, currently your Tesla has less than 50 miles on it. Your Tesla may have up to 50 miles on it when you take delivery in order to allow Tesla to complete all inspections and preparations of your vehicle. Thank you.”

I would shop around first. Farmers (my current insurance) quoted me around $1100 for the Tesla. Allstate was $1050 for the Tesla AND our other car. Saved us about $600. Tesla was around $125 a month and from what I have heard, it's a pain to deal with them on a claim.

I tried to call Tesla Insurance twice to collect a quote. Both times I sat on hold for 10+ minutes. That told me all I needed to know.

• Informative
Reactions: cmy4x4
My Tesla is being delivered tomorrow so I had to finish the final payment and other paperwork. At the point I notice the car had 15 miles, so I texted Tesla asking if this car was test driven by other and want to make sure I’m getting new car and not floor model-per say. I’ve notice many people that picked up the new car with only few miles on it. Tesla replied back stating “Hello, currently your Tesla has less than 50 miles on it. Your Tesla may have up to 50 miles on it when you take delivery in order to allow Tesla to complete all inspections and preparations of your vehicle. Thank you.”
All the Tesla documents for all cars state 15 miles. Actual miles will likely be substantially lower. My M3P was 6 I believe but all the paper work said 15.

Reactions: Misslove_143
I have to say I am gobsmacked.

I mostly do two wheels... because you can buy the performance in a $15K motorcycle that you'd have to pay several hundred thousand dollars to get in a car. I've done thousands of racetrack miles. Three racetrack crashes. I wrote for one of the national motorcycle magazines for eight years. I have something of a framework for motor vehicle performance.

None of which prepared me.

The Model 3 is the first car I've ever been in that made me laugh in the same way that a fast motorcycle does. It's early miles, of course. There were four on the odometer when I picked it up midday. And there are only sixty on it now.

But Lord have mercy, what unbelievable responsiveness! I am just blown away at how this car feels! It has an aliveness to it that is otherworldly.

I know, I know. All you veteran EV folks are laughing a "we told you so" at this naive rookie. All I can say is... those of you still waiting for your cars... especially those of you who, like me, never did a test drive and never experienced a Model 3 launch before tickling the 'Submit' button on Tesla's ordering app... have the grandest treat in store!

The delivery was great. Which is to say, uneventful. Car is fine.

A couple of pics... and apologies that I don't have a nice garage or driveway to showcase it in. This country boy lives at the end of a quarter-mile gravel driveway. Yeah, keeping it clean will be tough.

I don't care.

Best of luck to everyone here in the waiting room. The wait is most definitely worth it!

Attachments

• IMG_1893 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1893 Large.jpeg
    492.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1896 Large.jpeg
    IMG_1896 Large.jpeg
    510.8 KB · Views: 70
While I wait for my car I figured I would purchase a solid spare tire. Anyone do the same? If so what brand are you guys going with? I think the 18 aero comes stock with
235/45R18 Michelin Primacy MXM4. ($287 per tire) 😬
I've never had a spare tire but I switched to the Michelin Primacy Tour A/S on my current Model 3. Lower price, I don't notice a difference in the tire, and the warranty on it is longer.

So I am supposed to pick it up in a week but the app is not accepting the insurance binder I received from my insurance agent. Texted the SA but no response. My insurance agent says they cant put the car ib my policy until it’s registered under my name. What did people do in MA?

Apologies if this has been asked before, I have a delivery scheduled(wahoooo!) and texted a SA to see if they were able to move the appt up a day and they responded asking if I could do a new time. I responded yes but haven’t heard anything back. Has anyone rescheduled delivery and if so when did it update in the app?
It updated in the app, I should have known just to be patient!

I have to say I am gobsmacked.

I mostly do two wheels... because you can buy the performance in a $15K motorcycle that you'd have to pay several hundred thousand dollars to get in a car. I've done thousands of racetrack miles. Three racetrack crashes. I wrote for one of the national motorcycle magazines for eight years. I have something of a framework for motor vehicle performance.

None of which prepared me.

The Model 3 is the first car I've ever been in that made me laugh in the same way that a fast motorcycle does. It's early miles, of course. There were four on the odometer when I picked it up midday. And there are only sixty on it now.

But Lord have mercy, what unbelievable responsiveness! I am just blown away at how this car feels! It has an aliveness to it that is otherworldly.

I know, I know. All you veteran EV folks are laughing a "we told you so" at this naive rookie. All I can say is... those of you still waiting for your cars... especially those of you who, like me, never did a test drive and never experienced a Model 3 launch before tickling the 'Submit' button on Tesla's ordering app... have the grandest treat in store!

The delivery was great. Which is to say, uneventful. Car is fine.

A couple of pics... and apologies that I don't have a nice garage or driveway to showcase it in. This country boy lives at the end of a quarter-mile gravel driveway. Yeah, keeping it clean will be tough.

I don't care.

Best of luck to everyone here in the waiting room. The wait is most definitely worth it!
You got me even more excited. Had muscle cars n bikes all my life. I have never even seen a Tesla up close, only on the road while I drive. I pick up the 12th.

Reactions: Regaj and cmy4x4
Congrats fellow Texan! Picked mine up Monday at Cedar Springs. My paperwork said 15, but actual mileage when I picked it up was 3. 😁

Last edited:
I believe they usually say 15 miles in the registration just for the the transportation process in case they have to drive it. i have heard people say the docs all sai 15 mile but when they went to pick it up it had less than that

Reactions: cmy4x4
Picked my car up today. For those waiting, hang in there it's worth the wait. Pickup was incredibly easy, took maybe 10 min and 9 of those were me looking over the car. The wait is terrible once you mentally commit to buying one and checking the app every few moments but be thankful we have as much info as we do. My coworker ordered a 150k Mercedes and he gets nothing but a random phone call telling him it's delayed and zero clue when he could get the car. Although Tesla's system can be goofy, it could be much worse. Good luck to those still waiting.

OD: 12/11 MSM, Black int, Aero, No FSD
EDD1: 2/8-3/8
EDD2 Updated 2/4: 2/19-3/5
Pickup: 3/2

Car.jpg

So I am supposed to pick it up in a week but the app is not accepting the insurance binder I received from my insurance agent. Texted the SA but no response. My insurance agent says they cant put the car ib my policy until it’s registered under my name. What did people do in MA?
got past the app's "Upload insurance info" step.. Looks like iOS's file chooser is not working. I had to open the PDF on my computer and take photo of it instead. By the way, they never answer my text no matter what.. I think I asked like 4 question over a few weeks and I only ever received one answer after like 3 business days..