Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hayward, CA about 9mi from the Fremont factory here:

OD: 2/7 for a RWD, EDD May 2022
Switched order to LR on 2/19
2/22: EDD 2/24-3/7

2/26: EDD 4/9-5/17

3/2: EDD 3/4-3/13

3/3: EDD 3/5-3/8, VIN 1982xx assigned

3/4: home drop off scheduled for 3/5

Pretty happy getting the car unexpectedly, but definitely no time to get the best price for my trade in — as it stands, going to switch to minimal down payment, not trade in, and just sell my old Forester sometime next week.
wow...one week....
ya...I said I wouldn't get jealous or upset....but that I fooled myself

Picking up my Model 3 LR tomm.

I have Chargepoint installed at home.

Does my Model 3 come with the adapter to connect it to chargepoint home charger?

If not, which adapter do I need? I guess even if it does come with one, I would like to buy another one for road?

Yesterday was graduation day for me and it was great!

The delivery went well without an issue and the build quality of the car seems great. I didn't see any issues but I was expectedly excited to get inside and get going. The process was extremely simple and quick, fully digital end to end except for a few paper signatures for DMV registration. The SA did not accompany me to the car, explain anything about vehicle operation, or even ask if I had any questions. It was like I was picking up a pizza. What's your name, there's your car, sign the receipt, thank you and have a good day. I expected a little more white glove service for a $50K+ car but honestly I already knew a ton about the car from being on this forum for the past two months.

Hopefully you'll get your car soon and be driving off into the sunset. It's been fun here but it's time to go. I'll see you in the other forums.

VIN: 181xx
M3LR, White/Black, 19", No FSD
OD: 1/12
EDD1: March
EDD2: 2/19 - 3/4
EDD3: 2/28 - 3/6
Actual Delivery Date: 3/3

Does my Model 3 come with the adapter to connect it to chargepoint home charger?

If not, which adapter do I need? I guess even if it does come with one, I would like to buy another one for road?

Based on my experience with the Chevy Bolt and charge point, the connector is a J1772. Tesla includes an adapter to this plug type with the purchase of the car

For our Michigan buyers I had an interesting conversation with the Tesla Service Center. Because Tesla is not licensed to sell in Michigan you are required to show proof of purchase (down payment + wire receipt or cashiers check) before the car can even enter Michigan. This is why there are weird delivery windows until you finalize payment. The cars are shipped from CA -> Chicago and if you don't have payment cleared by the time it arrives in Chicago, it will then head off to Indianapolis which will further any delays.

So, long story short, make sure you have your finances lined up within a few days of getting your VIN if you're a Michigander.

Reactions: GOGR33N

Your vehicle comes with the J1772 adapter.
I have a CP charger too and bought an extra adapter to leave on the CP. I don't want to forget to bring the adapter with me.
Check the Tesla store, it was cheap ~$50.

Reactions: nanobeast
Day 69 (not nice) since OD and 24 hours since my last EDD change and I just got another one:

OD 12/25
EDD1(12/28): 2/8-3/8
EDD2(1/18): 3/3-3/32
EDD3(2/14): 4/27-5/27
EDD4(2/25): 3/17-3/31
EDD5(2/26): 3/16-3/30
EDD6(3/3): 3/20-3/31

EDD7(3/4): 3/22-3/31

At this point I kinda want to make it to 10 different EDDs just for fun

Reactions: DunKare
Day 69 (not nice) since OD and 24 hours since my last EDD change and I just got another one:

OD 12/25
EDD1(12/28): 2/8-3/8
EDD2(1/18): 3/3-3/32
EDD3(2/14): 4/27-5/27
EDD4(2/25): 3/17-3/31
EDD5(2/26): 3/16-3/30
EDD6(3/3): 3/20-3/31

EDD7(3/4): 3/22-3/31

At this point I kinda want to make it to 10 different EDDs just for fun
Should Atleast get to 9 😂 8 a shrunken window and 9 your actual delivery date I would assume.

Picked up yesterday
M3LR Black/black/aero/no fsd, cincinnati
OD 1/16
Pick up 3/3
183xxx
Ryzen/li ion

Whole process was magic. Well done Cincinnati location.

It really is...from our first one 9/21 to this 2nd one...ordering a car from an App for $100 (Now $250)...magic for sure. The rest is just unforeseen or unfortunate circumstances and/or impatient peeps.