Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had exactly the same window 3/4-3/18 and today it moved to 3/8-3/18 (10 days). I also had a good feeling about it (fingers crossed).
Btw my delivery will be in Sunnyvale, CA
I also live in Sunnyvale. I placed My OD on 2/15, M3 LR pear white, no FSD with 18 inche wheels, black interior. My Estimated date when I OD was may 26-June 20. Last week it changed to April 26 -may 26. We live like 15 mins from the Fremont factory, is there a chance I can get it earlier. Also when did u place your order?

• Informative
Reactions: gordonli51
Ok, so forgive me for an ignorant post here in advance. I ordered my M3 LR yesterday. I filled out all of the steps that I was informed via email that I need to.
At what point can I add the options that I will want? I don't see anyplace to do this yet.
The only option I see is to upgrade to add full self driving. I dont see any reason to pay for that option but will do a deeper dive into it.

Finally, got the text. Have a VIN now. 200XXX.
EDD is now 3/8 - 3/12.

Looking up insurance now. Im getting nearly identical quote from Geico and Tesla ( same insurance parameters ). Is there any benefit of Tesla over conventional providers?
Geico was WAY more expensive than other options, and my current car and home are insured through them. I am saving $250 per 6 months using USAA for my Tesla, even without multiple car or multiple policy discounts, AND reducing my deductibles from $500 to $250. Was no one else cheaper than Geico for you? Near as I can tell from my and others posting in here, Geico doesn't like insuring Teslas for some reason.

Geico was WAY more expensive than other options, and my current car and home are insured through them. I am saving $250 per 6 months using USAA for my Tesla, even without multiple car or multiple policy discounts, AND reducing my deductibles from $500 to $250. Was no one else cheaper than Geico for you? Near as I can tell from my and others posting in here, Geico doesn't like insuring Teslas for some reason.
Thats interesting. I see them both quoting nearly same ( Geico was expensive by about $40 ). For now, I just added my current insurance info.

I guess the question really is if there is an advantage to using Tesla Insurance for Tesla vehicles. Id be ok paying a little over if there was.

Out of curiosity, when did most get another updated EDD after they initially ordered? I ordered on 2/26, had the May 2022 date. Competed profile same day, then the next day on 2/27 EDD updated to May 13-June 10 and has been that date since. Curious if I will see another EDD change soon? And how does it notify you? Via email? Text? Or just by looking at the app and seeing a change?
My EDD never once changed. I completed my profile and selected "cash" until my VIN was assigned, then asked my SA to switch to financing - then it was just nailing down the delivery day.
Wooooo
VIN TODAY! 199xxx
Entered insurance info
Now waiting for it to allow me to make final payment
FINALLY!
Does anyone know if Tesla transfers the plates from your trade-in or do we have to do that on our own? (paperwork and physically)
I can't get a straight answer out of the DMV website....
Depends on your state.

Last edited:
Reactions: SkunkApe
Ok, so forgive me for an ignorant post here in advance. I ordered my M3 LR yesterday. I filled out all of the steps that I was informed via email that I need to.
At what point can I add the options that I will want? I don't see anyplace to do this yet.
The only option I see is to upgrade to add full self driving. I dont see any reason to pay for that option but will do a deeper dive into it.
What options are you looking for? Floor mats and stuff is a separate order through the Tesla Shop.

In ordering, the options are:
1: Standard Range, Long Range, Performance
2. Color (Exterior + Interior)
3. Wheels
4. Autopilot (standard) or Full Self Driving

That's it. It's not like buying other cars where there's literally dozens of things you can tweak.

Last edited:
Reactions: Theraven
Thats interesting. I see them both quoting nearly same ( Geico was expensive by about $40 ). For now, I just added my current insurance info.

I guess the question really is if there is an advantage to using Tesla Insurance for Tesla vehicles. Id be ok paying a little over if there was.
Tesla Insurance is only available in California, so only Californians can really answer that, sorry.

• Funny
Reactions: JustVee and Kaytu
What options are you looking for? Floor mats and stuff is a separate order through the Tesla Shop.

In ordering, the options are:
1: Standard Range, Long Range, Performance
2. Color
3. Wheels
4. Autopilot (standard) or Full Self Driving

That's it. It's not like buying other cars where there's literally dozens of things you can tweak.
Got it, then I am done. Still considering Full Self Driving but dont think I need it. Thank you.

Does anyone know if Tesla transfers the plates from your trade-in or do we have to do that on our own? (paperwork and physically)
I can't get a straight answer out of the DMV website....
Tesla transferred my WA state plates on my wife’s Tesla. It wasn’t a trade-in as it was coming from a previous Tesla that was totaled but should work the same. They just asked for photos of the plates and registration to send along with the paperwork. I told them up front I wanted to keep the plates as she has vanity plates. Hope that helps.

So I never looked into mine for a couple months after I placed my order on November 5th. I am only aware of one EDD change from March 1-29th to just a few days ago to March 16-31st. Still no VIN.

Am I able to see all the EDD changes that were made somehow? Are they archived?

Also. Are folks actually getting their vins on a Sunday??

Reactions: SkunkApe
OK, Trade-in Valuation didn't change at all from January. Then again, the odometer has only gone up about 250 miles on a car over 19 years old. 😆

Now, they need to update the MVPA correctly, since it's now showing a balance that's negative of the trade-in value. o_O

So I never looked into mine for a couple months after I placed my order on November 5th. I am only aware of one EDD change from March 1-29th to just a few days ago to March 16-31st. Still no VIN.

I got it today, a Sunday.

Reactions: GOGR33N

VINs show up in the middle of the night, middle of the day, weekend, weekday, whenever. There is no rhyme nor reason to any of it that anyone has been able to identify.