Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seeing a lot of people getting their EDD change from weeks earlier, thats awesome. Hopefully that will happen to me too. OD on 2/16 and live in NorCal about 15 mins from factory. My EDD right now is April 28 - May 26. Do you guys think it will change again to like march or early april?
There appears to be an gap between 1 April and 20 April we have not seen anyone’s EDD window overlap. If a window moves later, it is always starting after 22 April or later. If someone has a window after, and it moves closer, it always ends 31 March or earlier.

Theory is the Fremont factory will be performing a major retooling about that time, causing the gap.

Reactions: kd8698 and Theraven
also to be a little more clear that the Tax rebate comes after your submit paperwork and not processed at the time of purchase.

Unless Oregon has a tax benefit for purchasing an EV, there is no rebate. The Federal benefit ended for Tesla (and some other manufacturers) 2 fiscal quarters after they reached 200,000 EV sold.

There are lots of other benefits out there, so be sure to research to find what you are eligible for.
As examples, I will get a Federal deduction for installation cost on my Level 2 charger. My electric utility gave a $200 instant rebate when I bought a charger from them, cutting the price in half from $400 for the ChargePoint unit I got. My electric utility is also going to give me a $400 credit on my electrical bill when
I submit an application showing that I installed the Level 2 charger at the same address that my new EV is registered at.
There a lot of deals out there, even if we missed out on the $7500

I’ve been following this thread for a while but decided to add my info for those who enjoy looking for delivery patterns!

Ordered 2/1, original EDD March 2022

MSM/Black/Aero/No FSD/NorCal

2/2 EDD Update March 10-31
2/8 EDD Update Feb 25-Mar 25
2/24 Trade-in phone call
2/26 EDD Update April 19-May 17
3/3 EDD Update Mar 9-31
3/4 EDD Update Mar 5-16
3/6 EDD Update Mar 7-21
3/8 EDD Update Mar 9-21

Reactions: Noigle and kd8698
Got my VIN and delivery assigned today. VIN text received around 1pm, delivery text around 2pm.

M3LR | White Ext | Black Int | 19” Wheels | No FSD

OD: 2/5/22
EDD 1 (2/5): 4/8 - 5/6
EDD 2 (2/26): 3/8 - 3/31
EDD 3 (3/4) : 3/7 - 3/21
EDD 4 (3/8): 3/10 - 3/20
EDD 5 (3/9): 3/11 - 3/15 — VIN assigned 1:19pm
Delivery Scheduled (3/9): 3/11 delivery in Fremont, CA
Delivery Rescheduled (3/9): 3/12 — per my request

4/14? That’s a new one. It seems like they have narrowed down the window for (suspected) retooling to 2 weeks from 20 days.
I’m a 4/14 -5/12 EDD and have been since OD of 2/5. I’m in western Canada and assumed I was a 2nd quarter delivery as it has never moved since my order date. I’m good with that date though as we still have 12” of snow in my yard!

Unless Oregon has a tax benefit for purchasing an EV, there is no rebate. The Federal benefit ended for Tesla (and some other manufacturers) 2 fiscal quarters after they reached 200,000 EV sold.

There are lots of other benefits out there, so be sure to research to find what you are eligible for.
As examples, I will get a Federal deduction for installation cost on my Level 2 charger. My electric utility gave a $200 instant rebate when I bought a charger from them, cutting the price in half from $400 for the ChargePoint unit I got. My electric utility is also going to give me a $400 credit on my electrical bill when
I submit an application showing that I installed the Level 2 charger at the same address that my new EV is registered at.
There a lot of deals out there, even if we missed out on the $7500
Yes, Oregon still has a $2500 credit. Apparently takes about 3-4 months to receive.

Reactions: rollermonkey
*Please don't stone me*

Loc: Newest service center *near* wine country in California...

So I walked into one of the service centers yesterday afternoon... asking for an "update"... This is how it went:

Me: So... I want to see if there are any updates...
SA: What you see on the app is what we see. If it says April, then it's April, but we do have a lot of cars coming in.
SA2: Yea, are you like ready now? do you want to take a car? It's the end of the quarter, which means we are doing our push, and there are people who is not ready and I have some that I might be able to match to your configuration.
Me: Ready now as in, now now? or? (obviously don't have financing ready and I was by myself....can't drive 2 cars)
SA2: I can hold the car for 3 days if you are ready.
Me: Yes. I'm ready.
SA2: Okay, I will try and look to see if there are any thing that matches your configuration.

30 minute drive home....
Text - VIN Assigned
Text - Delivery Scheduled 3/10 - 12:00PM
Call - SA2 - So I found you a car that someone isn't ready to take. Can you get everything done before the delivery time?
Me: Yes.

VIN - 200XXX - Not the highest, but glad its the 200 club so its not been sitting forever.

Now I need to get financing done - waiting on Navy Federal for my rate....

I'm not sure if it was the excitement or my cats, I kept waking up every 2 hours last night...😆
Picked it up today at 4pm.

Couple issues:
1) Trunk alignment is off, not flush with the body. took pictures and set up the service appointment right on the lot before I even drove off.
2) Steering wheel isn't aligned perfected centered. It's skewed to the right, but I didn't notice it until I was driving it on the freeway headed home, so I added that to the service appointment

and..... just like that I'm graduated. Hope y'all will soon!!

For funsies, I drove over to the Tesla Service Center where I will be picking up my car tomorrow if everything goes right.
They did have a couple of blue Model 3's without plates, but the VINs didn't match mine. I could see another in the service bay furthest away from the public areas, and I know they keep more cars in the fenced-in lot behind the building.

Hopefully it is actually there, and will be ready for pick up in 17 hours, because I put my spare parts and car cover in my trunk, bagged my snow tires / extra rims and put all 4 in my back seat tonight. My inspection checklist is printed out and I've got my title, new insurance card, loan paperwork from NFCU (including the blank check), my registration and a printout of my MVPA ready to go.

So, yeah. Despite the robocall delivery appointment confirmation at 9AM and the text delivery appointment confirmation at 11AM this morning, I fully expect to get a call tomorrow saying the car isn't ready and that I'll have to reschedule the pickup.

🤪

Last edited:
What are you nervous about? Also, Tesla won’t give you top dollar, have you considered selling to a third party? Used cars are worth a lot
I’m a bit nervous about not having a stick shift rumbly car haha. I’ve test driven several times and rented multiple times and I loved the Tesla. just a biiiiig change from what I’m used to

Finally got my vin 203### here's my timeliness

M3 LR MSM areo wheels no fsd black interior pick up at Portland OR (changed interior to white after 2 weeks)

OD 01/29 with EDD of April
1st EDD on 2 /21 FEB 28th to March 28
2nd EDD 2/26 March 4th to March 18
3rd EDD 3 /5 March 8th to March 29th
4th EDD 3/7 March 10th to March 13th with VIN 201398

I rejected that vin because it had black interior and I changed my oder to white but the SA never made the change.
5th EDD 3/9 10:50 pm got vin 203### with same Edd of 3/10 to 3/13 i expect that to change though. Thankfully shipping only take 2 days to portland.

Been lurking here for a while and getting to know the chats. So here goes.

M3 LR AWD White/White 18" Aero No FSD
OD:2/15
EDD: May 22'-Jun 22'
Update DD: 18.Mar-31.Mar
Overnight Test Drive 19.Feb
Informed of option to buy showroom model 21.Feb
Transferred to different showroom 25.Feb
Visited Naperville Showroom to inspect M3 LR AWD Red/White 18" Aero No FSD 26.Feb
Reservation switched to Red/White M3 on 27.Feb
VIN added to account on 05.Mar
Cleared insurance and finance via credit union (USAA) 06.Mar
Delivery date set for Feb.15 at Noon.

Received a very small discount on buying the showroom model. Through reading post after post here and other places I went over the entire car as though it was mine already. Everything has been super smooth. Small hiccup when they assigned me a delivery date and pestered me to accept it when I would be out of town, spoke with a national SA who told me under zero circumstance could I move my date. Read a few posts on reddit and everyone said to contact your local SA, I did that and got the date switched no problem. You all have been an awesome source of info. Gods willing, I'll be out of this thread after a short 30 day stay. Its been fun, but I'm ready to go.

Reactions: gagirl65