Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I graduated from this thread yesterday. I would like to share some tips along, hope this would help whoever needs.
  • if you find the SA that helped you in the beginning can't help you or being slow to response, call the customer support number - (888) 518-3752, it will ask your zip code and I think it will route to your local sale/support center.
  • Not all the agent from the support center knows every little thing, don't be shame to call another time, it is for your good to chase them.
  • if you want a car badly, call them - someone there can make magic(especially if you are in bay area) - I talked to a guy that also took delivery yesterday, he got his blue M3 in a week after ordering. I did call couple times to talk to a guy who can prioritize my order and I got my vin next day.
  • MPVA is important for the loan, if you get your VIN and MPVA is not shown in your document, call the help center - I called 3 times to find a knowledgable lady that finally solve my problem within 5 mins.
  • DCU loan process is smooth, but you should prepare it ahead of time(becoming member and apply the loan). And it will take a long time(~ 2 hours) to wait to speak with the loan officer to finalize the loan. And you should upload all the docs that they need before speaking to to them. Well, I got 1.24% rate!
Hope this help, still being excited and exploring all the features of the car. Hope everyone get their VIN soon. Happy Friday!
Thanks for all the info. I just called the 888 number and waiting for a callback. My SA has not been helpful AT ALL (she has been nice though). Any time I text her with anything, she always responds with "We're doing everything we can to get VINs assigned as soon as possible. You can always be moved up or down". I feel like someone has to know something at this point. But again, maybe nobody knows anything. It certainly feels like there's no rhyme or reason as to why some people get VINs earlier than others and some get theirs much later. Someone at Tesla needs to leak their algorithm. 😀

Thanks for all the info. I just called the 888 number and waiting for a callback. My SA has not been helpful AT ALL (she has been nice though). Any time I text her with anything, she always responds with "We're doing everything we can to get VINs assigned as soon as possible. You can always be moved up or down". I feel like someone has to know something at this point. But again, maybe nobody knows anything. It certainly feels like there's no rhyme or reason as to why some people get VINs earlier than others and some get theirs much later. Someone at Tesla needs to leak their algorithm. 😀
Let me know if you get anywhere with the 888 number. My SA has worked for Tesla for just over a month. He’s nice but not entirely sure how much he’s doing to get me a car sooner (from what they can even do).

Reactions: PinSeeker
I OD the car on 2/16 and it has only updated the EDD once like 3 weeks ago. When i OD it was May26-June20. Then it changed to April 28 -May 26. I live the Bay Area, about 15 min from the fremont Factory. Any tips on how to get the car faster like should I try calling tesla. What should i ask if I do. Anything will help thank you.

Reactions: Hrjensen17
Let me know if you get anywhere with the 888 number. My SA has worked for Tesla for just over a month. He’s nice but not entirely sure how much he’s doing to get me a car sooner (from what they can even do).
Just got off the phone with Tesla. Hey said that according to his "factory view/list", it looks like they're expecting my car to be off the production line first couple of days of May then delivered to Cincy by mid-May. He said unless someone that has ordered the exact same configuration as mine cancels, there's no other way for me to move up the queue (especially since I'm not willing to change my config). At least now I won't be expecting a VIN anytime soon. :)

yes, all of them are nice but have different understanding and I believe they have different authority level. Someone there would be able to see more info or willing to tell you more..

Reactions: BaconLord47
I OD the car on 2/16 and it has only updated the EDD once like 3 weeks ago. When i OD it was May26-June20. Then it changed to April 28 -May 26. I live the Bay Area, about 15 min from the fremont Factory. Any tips on how to get the car faster like should I try calling tesla. What should i ask if I do. Anything will help thank you.
call them and tell you are ready to get the car, and since it is their qtr end and you can pick up from Fremont, someone there can prioritize for you. Call in a different time when the previous agent was not able to help you.

Been watching this thread for a while here's my data:

OD: 1/24/22
Original EDD: March 1 - March 31
Update 1: March 10 - March 24
Update 2: March 15 - March 29
Update 3: March 17 - March 31
Update 4: March 20 - March 29

M3LR/White/Black/Aero's/No FSD
SoCal
Lease

Lease turn in on a 2019 Model 3 SR+ with inspection set for March 23rd.

So I log in to check on the rez today. Says the same ol' same ol' 4/7-5/5. Less than 3 minutes later I get text that VIN is assigned — WHAAAAAAAT! 203xxx in the house, confirmed AMD & Li-ion 12v, they said it doesn't have wipers or read double pane (not a biggie for me). Born on March 10th, has 2.1 miles (!!!). Will be my third Model 3 (had another DM LR and also a P+ in the past). I was initially gonna delay it but with market conditions I don't want to risk it. 10 second credit app thru Tesla 2.74% 72 mo thru US Bank, will prolly try to refinance but rates are going up boys.

I tried calling my local Tesla showroom, which is where my vehicle will be delivered. I was curious if they had received it already. But the number just led me to their national support line. After giving my request number, I asked if they could tell me where the vehicle was. I was told that it was in New Jersey (I'm in DC). I got to wondering if SAs have different views of information, so I texted my SA with the same question. I got the same answer. So the SAs have the information, but it looks like you can only get it if you ask for it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could just visit a web site and see the entire conga line of vehicles being put onto the assembly line with ours indicated however far back? Mine may be 1000 cars back and other cars may leave or be added to the line ahead of me, but at least I could watch the process. Even better would be video of my vehicle going through the line when it's actually being built, but there are too many unintended consequences to that.

Just got off the phone with Tesla. Hey said that according to his "factory view/list", it looks like they're expecting my car to be off the production line first couple of days of May then delivered to Cincy by mid-May.
This is exactly what everyone wants to hear. I wonder why Tesla doesn't make updates like this a normal part of the process. Let us know if that estimation holds up as you get closer to May.

While Googling, I tripped over the fact that Service Assistants get $16/hour to $27/hour.