Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update: SA finally texted me back and said that to upgrade to the performance model I’d have to go with the new pricing. If I was changing colors I could keep the old pricing. Big time bummer. Oh well, I’ll save $7K and buy some red caliper covers.

Check my old post here. There is a way for you to see in the system itself (instead of relying on SA) whether or not you will be charged the new pricing when you change your configuration. Best thing is that you can see the price you'll be charged prior to confirming change

Order date 3/9
My EDD was May 15 - June 29th
It updated this weekend to April 30th - June 4th
You may be getting an update shortly.
Such a tease - excitedly went to check if I got an EDD update

Unfortunately not.

I am driving 800 KMs every week - in my crappy civic with zero features. Need to upgrade - fastt - come on Tesla - bring it onn

I have FSD bundled - scared to remove it now and put it on credit card from an EDD push out perspective.

Seems like location does have an impact.

I'm in Atlanta and from perusing here, I gather many of us have early May to Early June EDD despite the wide distribution of order date
Location does seem to be a factor. I ordered the same car two days before you and my window is May 24 - June 28. Delivery will come to Charlotte, NC.

New to the forum here.

Ordered a 2022 Model 3 Long Range (Black w/ Black interior / 18" aero wheels) on March 13.
Original Estimated Delivery Date was May 12- June 16.
Today (April 3) it changed to June 5 - July 17.
I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

I'm the least patient person I know..... It's only been ~3 weeks and I've been twitching and anxious the entire time. Been reading reviews and watching youtube videos, and ordereing accessories. Setup a July appointment to have the windows tinted. Tesla wall charger is installed in my garage.

Why I switched to Tesla -
I had a full sized pickup (F150) that was getting 17.5 mpg on average. I drive ~80 miles per day. Gas was conservatively $500/month. Bank Note was ~$450. Out of pocket expenses will be less in the Model 3. Paying for gas really started to feel like rent for a home/apartment. Didn't have anything to show for all that money that went through the tank. At least this way, I'll have "equity" in the car instead of using those same dollars to buy gas. That's where I started anyways..... after researching Telsa, I regret not making the switch sooner. Safest vehicles you can buy. Super fast. Outrageous tech. I can't find a single downside to owning it.

Questions:
  1. For anyone who has ordered and received a 2022 Model 3 LR, can you share your order date vs actual delivery date?
  2. How far in advance will I get notified of my delivery date? I'll have to get time off work, drive 2.5 hrs to pickup.
  3. How many times did your estimated delivery dates change before you actually received the car?
If they have received their Tesla, they have ‘graduated’ to a different forum. Why hang out with those waiting when the other forums are for actual owners. Having said that, I wish some of them would drop by and share that info.

If they have received their Tesla, they have ‘graduated’ to a different forum. Why hang out with those waiting when the other forums are for actual owners. Having said that, I wish some of them would drop by and share that info.
We have a tracking spreadsheet if you did not know. Please fill it out using the form link in the upper left of the sheet.

I don’t know what’s worse: having no updates or having 5 of them so far. Especially when I got so close to my EDD last time.
I've only had 2 EDD updates and I think I prefer that because I'm less likely to get frustrated if the date gets pushed out. But having zero updates is probably just as bad as having ~10 updates because you're stuck in this gray area of wondering if the order request has gone through without a hitch.

Reactions: T-J-
Some of us have stuck around in an effort to help provide some perspective. And some assurances. The cars will come.

I assume that Tesla is still prioritizing high margin vehicles as well as vehicles that are lower cost to ship to their destinations. That latter means not only sending vehicles to California because it's cheap to ship there, but also to places that have lots of orders for high margin vehicles - like California. If you're in Vancouver, which is expensive to ship to, and there are a total of 5 high margin vehicles on order, along with 15 low margin, then Vancouver's orders may not receive as much priority as the 50 high margin vehicles going to California.

I'm completely speculating, but it sure seems to make good business sense. If true, then the EDDs are really just wishful thinking by local SAs based on past deliveries. If Vancouver tends to see deliveries of 15 cars every 20 days and California sees deliveries of 50 cars every 8 days, then an SA in Vancouver can see that there are 30 vehicles on order ahead of you, requiring two "average shipment cycles", so that's about 40 days for them to ship your vehicle. Plus or minus. But that's assuming that the prior shipping schedule holds. Ukraine and a flood of new orders kinda throws things off kilter relative to the way things used to work. With so many high margin vehicles being ordered from other locations, Tesla may hold off on the more costly shipping destinations even though there are some high margin vehicles headed there.

And even if all the above is true, who cares? You'll get your car when Tesla gets to your order. You can check the app every microsecond and it won't change the timing. You can rant here endlessly and it won't change the timing. You can bug your SA regularly and it won't change the timing. Tesla is working on it as fast as they can. The cars will come.

New to the forum here.

Ordered a 2022 Model 3 Long Range (Black w/ Black interior / 18" aero wheels) on March 13.
Original Estimated Delivery Date was May 12- June 16.
Today (April 3) it changed to June 5 - July 17.
I'm in Indiana if that makes a difference.

I'm the least patient person I know..... It's only been ~3 weeks and I've been twitching and anxious the entire time. Been reading reviews and watching youtube videos, and ordereing accessories. Setup a July appointment to have the windows tinted. Tesla wall charger is installed in my garage.

Why I switched to Tesla -
I had a full sized pickup (F150) that was getting 17.5 mpg on average. I drive ~80 miles per day. Gas was conservatively $500/month. Bank Note was ~$450. Out of pocket expenses will be less in the Model 3. Paying for gas really started to feel like rent for a home/apartment. Didn't have anything to show for all that money that went through the tank. At least this way, I'll have "equity" in the car instead of using those same dollars to buy gas. That's where I started anyways..... after researching Telsa, I regret not making the switch sooner. Safest vehicles you can buy. Super fast. Outrageous tech. I can't find a single downside to owning it.

Questions:
  1. For anyone who has ordered and received a 2022 Model 3 LR, can you share your order date vs actual delivery date?
  2. How far in advance will I get notified of my delivery date? I'll have to get time off work, drive 2.5 hrs to pickup.
  3. How many times did your estimated delivery dates change before you actually received the car?

I stick around cause I do feel like there's a "brain drain" when people graduate, and it's tedious looking through +1000 pages of context, even with a good power search.

1. Ordered Jan 15 and the Est. Delivery Date on the order page page was March 2022. For context I had been lurking since mid-November and had become aware of extended delivery dates due to BBB tax credit waiters and EOY push, so after talking with an SA I ordered expecting a June delivery.

Actual delivery date was Feb. 22, but could have been earlier as the border protests had delayed the delivery truck and the truck driver was unvaccinated.

2. As soon as my VIN came I got the menu to select my delivery date. I had initally selected 'cash' but asked my SA to switch to financing and yes to trade-in. It only took 2 days to get the trade-in offer and loan terms accepted by me so I wasn't in a rush.

3. 0, which is funny cause I checked religiously just like everyone else in this thread. And I got my car before the page EDD and initial EDD.