Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my god. I just got a call and saw “TESLA” in the caller ID. I thought this was it. But no, he just wanted to go through my order “Dot I’s and cross T’s”. he said. Darn it. I asked if there was any info, all he would say is that most orders get filled in NY in the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. So May/June. Augh!

Oh my god. I just got a call and saw “TESLA” in the caller ID. I thought this was it. But no, he just wanted to go through my order “Dot I’s and cross T’s”. he said. Darn it. I asked if there was any info, all he would say is that most orders get filled in NY in the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. So May/June. Augh!

I've read somewhere East Coast/Canada orders usually gets filled the 2nd month of each quarters, the 3rd month will be west coast/local to boost deliveries before end of the quarter.

I am expecting my VIN in May.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Pretty sure they all have Ryzen at this point. The changeover happened in early 2022 builds.

But no, there’s no way to check without first accepting delivery because you won’t be able to open the car otherwise. No external markers to differentiate Ryzen vs Intel. Only checking through the screen or checking for Li-ion low voltage battery instead of 12V lead acid.
When your VIN is assigned, you can call and they’ll be able to look at it for you. Otherwise you’ll have to wait until you go to accept delivery. They also told me a few weeks ago that they’re pretty much all coming with Ryzen now :)

Just remember if there’s materials those aren’t cheap. Mine was $900 but half of that was materials and the other labor.
Same here. The cheapest quote I received was $875. But that's running wire from my basement, opposite corner of where the outlet will be installed, to the garage. Total 65' of wiring, which is a big chunk of the cost.

02/19 here for LR in NY.

The EDD is still 10 May - June. Was in late April but jumped back to May a couple of days ago. Tesla SA called a few days ago with the usual 'making sure all info is correct and about some seminar/videos before pickup'.

It sucked as before the call EDD was 28th April - June. A day after the call it moved to 10th May - June.

I don't know whats worse....no updates for over 30 days or having an update that changes your EDD (At least theres some acknowledgement)

:)
Dude, it all sucks!

I haven't had an update in 53 days (and I know others have gone much longer than that), and I ordered exactly 60 days ago. But again, as long as my EDD doesn't get pushed back, I'm cool with it.

I've read somewhere East Coast/Canada orders usually gets filled the 2nd month of each quarters, the 3rd month will be west coast/local to boost deliveries before end of the quarter.

I am expecting my VIN in May.
I hope that’s true… I ordered mine on March 22 when the site had an estimate delivery of May 2022. My EDD is currently sitting at June 9 to July 14… NY pickup

I hope that’s true… I ordered mine on March 22 when the site had an estimate delivery of May 2022. My EDD is currently sitting at June 9 to July 14… NY pickup
Mine changed today to be one day earlier and about a week shorter to the same as yours. Chicago pickup.

Was first change since ordering on 3/23. Cant believe I missed the price increase by a few days :(

Also am waiting for the new SR AWD MY to hit the web. Possibly thinking of switching over to it, if I can plead with Tesla on it. If that was an option back when I ordered I would have went that way without hesitation. Now I am doubting my choice of LR M3. But at the same time I dont want to lose that $250 just to change to the Y.

Wanted to give an update from Glendale, AZ after pinging with my SA today:

Tesla Glendale team here. Very few cars arrive in the first few weeks of the quarter, so we're kind of in a holding pattern for now. We should start to see more vehicles in the next few weeks, and then vehicles may become available if customers are unable to take delivery at that time.