Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Alright, now I get to join the pushed EDD club. This morning, the front of my delivery range pushed back a week, while the back end stayed the same: went from Jun 4-Jul 16 to Jun 11-Jul 16.

OD: 3/27, M3LR, Black, Black, Sport, no FSD, MD delivery. 3/27 EDD: Jun-Aug. ~4/1 EDD: Jun 4-Jul 16. 4/13 EDD: Jun 11-Jul 16

So I'm seeing these comments about adapters and whatnot.... also a little confused now. I have a wall charger installed so I'm not too worried about mobile charging. Question though... do I need to buy an adapter in case I need to use 3rd party charging stations like the ones that would be at a Sam's club or EA station? Not many superchargers nearby. Thankfully my employer agreed to install 4 EV charging stations.
Unless they don’t include the J1772 adapter which would be a REALLY dumb decision on their part then no you will be fine.

You can’t DC charge at EA stations unless you have a CCS adapter (or an older Chademo adapter). The CCS adapter has not been released in North America yet.

Order Date 03/01 Model 3 LR AWD White Black Interior 18" Aero wheels No FSD Tampa EDD at order - "May 2022" 1st EDD Range - May 22 - June 19.

Still no updates for me.

Can someone send me a link to that spreadsheet please.

I just took this screenshot from the Tesla site.

1649862295114.png

So I'm seeing these comments about adapters and whatnot.... also a little confused now. I have a wall charger installed so I'm not too worried about mobile charging. Question though... do I need to buy an adapter in case I need to use 3rd party charging stations like the ones that would be at a Sam's club or EA station? Not many superchargers nearby. Thankfully my employer agreed to install 4 EV charging stations.
Between Superchargers and 3rd-party chargers (J1772), you have Tesla destination chargers, which are 240v level 2 chargers that charge at the same rate(or better) as 3rd-party chargers, but the plug is for Teslas.

Check the plugshare app to see what options you have available to you. Same goes for JustJenn.

OK and the regular charger it comes with, that just plugs in to a regular outlet and doesn't need an adapter? Asking for when I visit my mom who won't have a special plug. Or would I need a 6-50 for that? Sorry, I'm new and confused :)

This might be a dumb question... why hasn't Tesla made a wireless charging pad/mat that you could put on the garage floor? How cool would it be to just "park & go"? I saw a YouTube video a while back about wireless charging being built into highway surfaces to extend the range of EV's. Think it was somewhere in Europe they were testing it. That would be AWESOME!

How does my $0.105/kwh rate compare to everyone else's electricity costs? I just called our power company and this is a flat rate (no Peak/non-peak rates or seasonal adjustments). I wonder how long before power companies start gouging as EVs become more prevalent.

I’m probably about to piss off a lot of people here..

I was expecting to wait another 2-3 months BUT as of 1:45PM PST I just got assigned a VIN via text and got emailed to complete the rest of my tasks in app (proof of insurance, payment, etc).

Toats jelly: we're at Day 85.

In the time we've been waiting - without even a VIN - we've managed to test drive and take delivery of a Wrangler 4xe which the wife is now using as a daily driver (but that doesn't help me any). The Tesla gods are fickle.

I really hope this article is just reaching. All EVs to my knowledge come with an included EVSE. To specifically exclude this should be in big bold letters in the order screen since it is a key component to the car.

But as mentioned above, we ordered with the website including this and it should be honoured if in fact Tesla is trying to screw people over again. I hope people would make a big issue about this if cars start showing up without an included EVSE and are told to just deal with it.
Tesla is following Apple‘s lead. They don’t include chargers with their phones for ecological reasons (yeah, right!). Elon is just doing his part to help the environment. 😜😜😜

How does my $0.105/kwh rate compare to everyone else's electricity costs? I just called our power company and this is a flat rate (no Peak/non-peak rates or seasonal adjustments). I wonder how long before power companies start gouging as EVs become more prevalent.
Electricity in the midwest is relatively cheap. In MN I pay a base rate of 10.3 cents/kwh June-Sept, 8.8 cents/kwh all other months but there is currently an additional surcharge of 2.8 cents/kwh in place here.

At least your window got smaller, but unfortunately it was on the back end. I'm picking up in Cincy too. I wonder why your wait is so long? How many other people that ordered in January are still waiting?
Still waiting: 1/19/2022 order date- M3LR, MSM, Black, Aeros, No FSD
Pick-up in Atlanta
Three EDD changes, most recently yesterday to 5/4 - 5/18 from 4/16 - 5/14

Mine is $0.11 during June, July, Aug and Sept. The rest of the year is $0.997. But we also get a fuel adjustment that takes $0.036 off of the rate throughout the year. The power companies are getting subsidies for now so it's often in their best interest not to gouge us but it will come. My local company even pays for my wall charger, it's a rebate of up to $500.