Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just called the 888 Tesla number and was told that since I placed my order when it was advertised online that it would come with the vehicle, I will still receive the charger… not sure if it’s true or not but that’s what I was told by the SA I spoke to.
That might be worth no more than the weight of the paper the call center wrote it on. If true I don’t have a lot of faith that Tesla would reliably figure out which cars get the charger and which don’t. accepting delivery. If not, and if the service center can’t provide one, reject the VIN.

That might be worth no more than the weight of the paper the call center wrote it on. If true I don’t have a lot of faith that Tesla would reliably figure out which cars get the charger and which don’t. accepting delivery. If not, and if the service center can’t provide one, reject the VIN.
Do people typically do that, i.e reject VIN due to different reasons? Doesnt that put you in the back of the line?

What is the threshold of rejecting a delivery? Anyone got a checklist of critical items. Sorry I have never owned a year 2000+ car before, so trying to get used to both the modern cars and Tesla.
You can search here, Google or YouTube for Tesla delivery checklist and you'll find some great info. Many that you print out and go down as you look over your car.

Reject the VIN over 0.3% of the purchase price? Someone will be happy to get your car. Straight up hysteria ITT

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
I think the chaos is more about people "assuming" they will not get the charger (for existing orders), when in fact there was no indication of if that is or is not gonna happen. Instead of waiting to hear back, everyone is assuming things and is out with their pitchfolks.
Thank you for expressing what I've been struggling to express. I can't summon a better image than one of pitchfork-wielding farmers.

I think the chaos is more about people "assuming" they will not get the charger (for existing orders), when in fact there was no indication of if that is or is not gonna happen. Instead of waiting to hear back, everyone is assuming things and is out with their pitchfolks.
We have to assume at this point because there hasn’t been an explanation. I don’t know, it’s a bad look for Tesla , do they have their stuff together before making a decision that impacts customers? Or does Elon have an idea , tweet it, and gain customer feedback ? That’s a bit backward and I am not sure how I feel about it. But with that said this isn’t a show stopper I’m getting the damn thing with or without the charger. I would pay 500.00 right now to get my car no questions asked. It’s the messy PR via twitter that bothers me.

The SA I talked to hadn’t heard about this so I guess he doesn’t follow Elon’s twitter account. Apple did this to their phones rationalizing most people have a charger at home anyway. Elon can’t make this assumption. Even if you already have a Tesla, who wants to share a charger?
I think two things are at play. 1) Elon wants to raise vehicle prices again. 2) Chargers are in short supply.

If his survey shows 61% don’t use the mobile charger, what happens if his survey shows 61% don’t use the back seat? 😜

I would pay 500.00 right now to get my car no questions asked. It’s the messy PR via twitter that bothers me.
$500 huh? That would be a fun poll, what would you pay to have your M3 delivered today? I'll admit I would go higher, not much but maybe in the $1k range. But I've already sold my car so I need one a little more than most.

Reject the VIN over 0.3% of the purchase price? Someone will be happy to get your car. Straight up hysteria
The mobile charge kit is perpetually out of stock online and gives no indication when it will come back. I’m not taking a car home without one (will be charging on 220v outlet in garage) and don’t technically NEED the car by a specific date.

... But with that said this isn’t a show stopper I’m getting the damn thing with or without the charger. I would pay 500.00 right now to get my car no questions asked. It’s the messy PR via twitter that bothers me.
lol. I see what you did there.

Same. Happy to shell out 500$ and buy Elon a Christmas card if that gets the car delivered early.

I don’t love that Tesla is removing the mobile charger, but I also read a bunch of threads where people are hoping they add other enhancements like double pane rear glass or upgraded battery packs.

I find it ironic that people are expecting later upgrades at their order price but are up in arms and ready to cancel when Tesla chooses to remove something many people don’t use at all. Again, I don’t like it either, but am also not trying to get cute with holding my order to get every last enhancement possible.

I don’t love that Tesla is removing the mobile charger, but I also read a bunch of threads where people are hoping they add other enhancements like double pane rear glass or upgraded battery packs.

I find it ironic that people are expecting later upgrades at their order price but are up in arms and ready to cancel when Tesla chooses to remove something many people don’t use at all. Again, I don’t like it either, but am also not trying to get cute with holding my order to get every last enhancement possible.
FWIW, I'm on a lot of forums and have watched this situation on social media and very few people have actually said they would cancel over the mobile kit. More than anything people are just frustrated because they wanted answers. What I find interesting is a high percentage of the complaints were coming from current Tesla customers and not those of us that may or not may not get the charging unit.

Pretty cruddy. We went the suggested route from our Sales Advisor.....and now we have to look at other Non-Telsa options....If we didn't spend so much on an electrician .....UGGGGHHHHH so frustrating. I am a pretty patient person and wanted to be prepared when the vehicle came but this is seriously something that has upset me. I cant even know how to tell my wife if we cant charge at home.

And if we have to add more costs now....this is going to hurt.

Electrician costs, TESLA NEMA 14-50 adapter that arrived this week, no ability to purchase one online????? This is already 1K over what we ordered...We knew that ...now we have to purchase something else?????? Not fair.
Don't you think that since we already ordered our cars we would receive the charger? They aren't raising the price on our cars since we ordered prior to the increase. The advisors told us it comes with the car so I can't imagine that they won't include it. Thinking positive

More than anything people are just frustrated because they wanted answers.
And for people who are waiting on vehicle deliveries with vague timing windows, I can easily see this setting people off. I remember how frustrating the wait was, and I lambasted Tesla on that when they asked for feedback about the buying process. In this case, I wish the emphasis had been on requests for clarification.

What bothered me most was seeing the process of first questioning what would happen, then doubting that good would happen, then assuming that bad would happen, then people interpreting public assumption of bad as confirmation of bad. Nobody had any information, but the doubters were vocal while the believers were silent. It's the web in a nutshell. People in a nutshell.

And for people who are waiting on vehicle deliveries with vague timing windows, I can easily see this setting people off. I remember how frustrating the wait was, and I lambasted Tesla on that when they asked for feedback about the buying process. In this case, I wish the emphasis had been on requests for clarification.

What bothered me most was seeing the process of first questioning what would happen, then doubting that good would happen, then assuming that bad would happen, then people interpreting public assumption of bad as confirmation of bad. Nobody had any information, but the doubters were vocal while the believers were silent. It's the web in a nutshell. People in a nutshell.
Well I guess I would fall into the “believers” category. But I gotta say the lack of clear communication sucks rocks. All they had to do was release the information(i don’t care how. Twitter if they want) on what would happen.
Just :
Starting today the Mobile Connector is no longer included
You can pre-order it with you order by simply checking the option on checkout
All existing orders will be honored by including the charger.

Done. Instead I have to ”believe” they will do the right thing, and quite frankly, I‘m not 100% sure that is a great way to do business. I have prewired an outlet and purchased the 240v adapter for the mobile connector already. I just want to know what do I do on delivery day. My plan was to just come home, grab the connector, and plug in. Is that still the plan or what. Just tell me!

Don't you think that since we already ordered our cars we would receive the charger? They aren't raising the price on our cars since we ordered prior to the increase. The advisors told us it comes with the car so I can't imagine that they won't include it. Thinking positive
There's a decent chance Tesla is completely out of them, given that they're most likely made in China and the port of Shanghai is locked down. That jives with the Tesla store constantly being out of stock. Definitely won't be surprised if we get it post-delivery. Luckily, we have the Supercharger network at our disposal, this isn't 2013.