Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There’s so much discussion here on the accuracy of the EDD but Apple can’t even accurately give me an estimate for how long it’ll take to finish a software update.
I’m sorry, what? Does that update keep you from driving to work every day? My date was 3-4 weeks. It has now turned into 16 weeks. There are people that ordered in august of last year who haven’t received a car, meanwhile hertz (decemberish order) has been receiving their orders. This is a complete mismanagement of deliveries. Intentional or incompetence, you decide.

• Funny
Reactions: Not That M3
Their downfall is even giving specific dates to begin with. They should just give a large vague range or even just list the end of the range and progressively narrow it as they are 90% confident they can make it in that range.

So like mine says May 2022 when I ordered. They should never have had that on the website when I immediately got an EDD of 6/9-7/19. They should have just said “before July 2022” or something. Then as they are more confident in production schedule they could change it to “June 2022”. Then as it enters production and gets a VIN they can give a more specific 2 week window.

That would help limit the number of people obsessing over every minor change in the dates.

I’m sorry, what? Does that update keep you from driving to work every day? My date was 3-4 weeks. It has now turned into 16 weeks.
Why can’t you drive to work? If you made the choice to sell your previous vehicle based on your EDD I can understand the frustration but the EDD was never a guarantee.

From a technical perspective I’m sure it’s pretty difficult for them to accurately estimate every single car perfectly.

The glitch is they don’t know how to build and deliver cars.
They excel at building them, and my delivery process went off well. But they're pretty bad at communicating the process to their customers when their supply chain is gyrating all over the place. I suspect that their prediction software assumes stable supply and so gives precise dates based on the current information. Unfortunately, if that information keeps changing weekly, the software ends up changing EDDs weekly, making the folks at Tesla look like they have no idea what they're doing. In fact, they do, but they're at the mercy of the supply chain, just like us. We're just at the end of the whip.

I know there is A LOT of emotion and anxiety (been there) with all the changing EDD's. FWIW, my observations have been that it's not just Tesla. Drive by ANY ICE dealer and the lots are empty or near empty. Tesla lets you order the EXACT car you want with (usually) a pretty good estimate when it will arrive. Other ICE options include waiting lists just as long or longer for cars that may not be exactly what you want. My M3LR was the best decision for me back in January. Beat the price increase, got the mobile connector and adaptor, and got my car in less than two months. Loving every minute of driving it!

We use the EDD abbreviation so much that I think we often forget the actual words. The abbreviation literally has "Estimated" in it. There is no guarantee that the delivery dates they provide in that window are accurate or assured...as most of us have painfully and disappointedly learned.

My EDD moved back 2 months this week. I'm hopeful that it moves up, but not optimistic. Maybe I get lucky and my SA comes across an available vehicle with specs that match my vehicle and can assign the VIN to my order. If not, I'm not selling any current vehicles or even applying for financing until I have something more definitive than the ESTIMATED Delivery Date.

I've always laughed at people for watching Youtube videos of borings things like opening the box on a new mobile phone yet here I sit watching M3 delivery day videos. Anyway, I was going to point this one out since it was just posted today for delivery in Atlanta. It may give you some idea of what to consider on your inspection but I also wanted you to see the first time he drops the hammer on the accelerator. Keep in mind this is an M3P. Warning, he does let out a bad word but it's hilarious. To see only that skip ahead to around 8:30.

I know there is A LOT of emotion and anxiety (been there) with all the changing EDD's. FWIW, my observations have been that it's not just Tesla. Drive by ANY ICE dealer and the lots are empty or near empty. Tesla lets you order the EXACT car you want with (usually) a pretty good estimate when it will arrive. Other ICE options include waiting lists just as long or longer for cars that may not be exactly what you want. My M3LR was the best decision for me back in January. Beat the price increase, got the mobile connector and adaptor, and got my car in less than two months. Loving every minute of driving it!

Exactly. If it causes someone too much stress by looking at the EDD dates, stop refreshing constantly. A lot of this anxiety is self inflicted.

For some reason, people think it's only Tesla. Go shop at other car dealerships like I did. I contacted over 30 different dealerships. They are all having sales issues. I have a few friends who are Internet Sales Managers or GMs at other dealerships. They echo the same problem. stop worrying about things out of your control. Read The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F***. It's okay to vent but at some point, it shouldn't stress you out more than it needs to.

Reactions: cmy4x4
We use the EDD abbreviation so much that I think we often forget the actual words. The abbreviation literally has "Estimated" in it. There is no guarantee that the delivery dates they provide in that window are accurate or assured...as most of us have painfully and disappointedly learned.

My EDD moved back 2 months this week. I'm hopeful that it moves up, but not optimistic. Maybe I get lucky and my SA comes across an available vehicle with specs that match my vehicle and can assign the VIN to my order. If not, I'm not selling any current vehicles or even applying for financing until I have something more definitive than the ESTIMATED Delivery Date.
I run around using EDD to people that have no clue what I'm referring to. lol

Feisty day on the forum today. I think we are all going mad. I do appreciate this forum though if I'm not here I'm refreshing my app or looking on Reddit. Y'all are helping me get through this wait.

Btw I have had zero movement on my edd this whole time. Ordered 45 days ago. So this website glitch theory doesn't seem it has affected “everyone” as they said.

I’m sorry, what? Does that update keep you from driving to work every day? My date was 3-4 weeks. It has now turned into 16 weeks. There are people that ordered in august of last year who haven’t received a car, meanwhile hertz (decemberish order) has been receiving their orders. This is a complete mismanagement of deliveries. Intentional or incompetence, you decide.
A few people got left behind because they never selected their payment option - Tesla only recently tried fixing that.

I don’t check my EDD obsessively and just came to terms that the wait is the wait. It’s not like I’m going to go get an i4 ev6 ioniq5 or whatever. I ordered what i really wanted and if i have to wait for it it is what it is. However, I never waited for a car before.

Wall Connector installed and all weather mats sitting in storage. So no going back now.

EDD hasn’t changed for me.
Thanks for this, I needed to read this and I will over and over again because this waiting game is nuts.

Reactions: JB47394
and if they really knew how to build cars, there wouldn’t be a quality checklist for customers to go through before taking delivery,
In one of my first weeks here, someone made a good point that Tesla owners go a little beyond the norm when it comes to the inspections. I know I've found several issues with other makes I've bought in the past.