Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ya'll waking up to two week windows and VIN's and I'm sitting here like:
1651242840889.png

Just received another update narrowing the window from 5 weeks to 4 weeks :) but pushing the front end back a little :(

M3LR, white, black interior, no FSD
OD 02/17
1st EDD (02/18): 05/19-06/16
2nd EDD (03/22): 05/04-06/08
3rd EDD (04/12): 05/12-06/09
Another update today (Mt Kisco NY) to a 2-week period

M3LR, white, black interior, no FSD
OD 02/17
1st EDD (02/18): 05/19-06/16
2nd EDD (03/22): 05/04-06/08
3rd EDD (04/12): 05/12-06/09
4th EDd (04/29): 05/17-05/31

A summary about connectors for those who missed it:

1. Cars ordered on or after April 28 will NOT have a connector included with the car (yes, that means that prior orders will have one)
2. The mobile connector is out of stock until August, and the price is $200 (reduced from $275) and will include both 110v and 220v adapters (there is an option to skip the 220v adapter, but it's the same price either way).
3. The corded mobile connector is out of stock until August, and the price is $200 (reduced from $400).
4. The wall connector is in stock, and the price is $400 (reduced from $475).

The old prices are from memory, so please forgive me if I got anything wrong there.

Note that people who order a car now probably won't get it until August anyway, so there shouldn't be a problem with charging. If there is a problem, then you can either go to a scalper on eBay (grrrrr TRIGGER) or use a Supercharger or other charging station option.
Just an FYI, I paid $495 😭 for my wall charger ordered on 4/17 and is being delivered today by Fedex.

Just an FYI, I paid $495 😭 for my wall charger ordered on 4/17 and is being delivered today by Fedex.
If it makes you feel better, I paid $550 for it and have had it installed for over 2 months. I’m convinced that everything I’ve done to prep for this car has jinxed me.

OD 2/12. Still no VIN. I need someone to send me some good luck.

You could always return it and order it again. lol I had mine installed yesterday but my electric company has a rebate for the full price, well that is once I have my registration!

If it makes you feel better, I paid $550 for it and have had it installed for over 2 months. I’m convinced that everything I’ve done to prep for this car has jinxed me.

OD 2/12. Still no VIN. I need someone to send me some good luck.
Ouch. This is similar to Amazon pricing that can change within minutes. At least with Amazon, I can return an item and reorder it at the lower price. Tesla charges a 15% restocking fee for most returned, unused items. So, I'd only save $20.75 if I decided to return this one and reorder. It's still a lot cheaper than ChargePoint.

Sending you good vibes for an incoming VIN soon! 🧙‍♂️

A while back I asked the question about why DCU vs Carolina Cooperative FCU (which is listed with 1.99% up to 84 months in the Tesla loan sheet). Wanted to give a quick update -- I started down the process of getting set up with Carolina Coop FCU and it's a very manual process and definitely not fast.

I'm probably going to bail on the application process and just go with DCU. I don't want to deal with the whole manual process stuff. In the end, I don't really need the 84 months at 1.99%. DCU offers the same rate for Teslas with a max term of 65 months. So my .02 is that if you need the longer term, Carolina Co-op FCU is a great option, just make sure to get the process started soon enough so you can deal with all non-automated process. Otherwise, DCU is probably the better option.

Reactions: TSLone
You could always return it and order it again. lol I had mine installed yesterday but my electric company has a rebate for the full price, well that is once I have my registration!
Unfortunately, there would be a restocking fee to return it.

I wish my electric company offered a rebate for purchasing a charger. Nada. I wrote to my state representative concerning this and he said he would pass it along to see if it gets traction. He did say they were working to extend the $2500 state rebate for the purchase of an EV which is set to expire 6/30.

Reactions: SCTes1aMan