Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is there any advantage in paying cash over a loan through Tesla? I can do either and don't have a preference either way-- whatever gets the car here faster
Its generally recommended that no matter how you are paying, to keep your order set to paying for cash. Even if you plan on financing, you should keep it set to cash until you get a VIN, since its likely that your financing will run out at least once, leading to unnecessary hard pulls on your credit as you reapply. Keeping it set to cash may also slightly shorten your wait time, although thats more anecdotal.

I just checked the source code for the first time for a vin and nada. Thought I might be getting close. Typically how far in advance was the VIN in the source code before receiving it?
I was going nuts checking nearly daily, and I'm pretty sure I didn't see it in the source code even the day before or the day of VIN assignment. But, hopefully that's not your experience! 🚗🚗🚗

Reactions: phishphan
Found a good rate and looks like people can join by joining a club.

0-36 months....as low as 1.59% A.P.R.

37-48 months....as low as 1.69% A.P.R.

49-60 months....as low as 1.79% A.P.R.

61-72 months....as low as 1.89% A.P.R.

73-84 months....as low as 3.49% A.P.R.

Only concern vs them and DCU are they seem very small. 9am-530pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Saturday. Closed Sundays. Someone like DCU is open 24/7.

Only concern vs them and DCU are they seem very small. 9am-530pm Mon-Fri, 9am-1pm Saturday. Closed Sundays. Someone like DCU is open 24/7.
Only downside I see is, in case of failure to repay they will call the next business day rather than the middle of the night. Once you borrow the money, its their problem getting the funds back lol.

Yeah. Not looking forward to it either. I’ve said screw it and just gonna fly into JFK, then drive to Mt Kisco, then drive home.
Same boat here. Plan on flying into JFK then taking the train to Grand Central and from Grand Central to Mt.Kisco. Will be happy to have the car but not looking forward to the drive home.
Yeah. Not looking forward to it either. I’ve said screw it and just gonna fly into JFK, then drive to Mt Kisco, then drive home.

Reactions: SkunkApe
Only downside I see is, in case of failure to repay they will call the next business day rather than the middle of the night. Once you borrow the money, its their problem getting the funds back lol.

Yeah, but if you FTP than you have another set of issues. Customer service would be my only concern. Most Credit Unions will have crappy UI. DCU probably the best balance if their rates don't rise too much with the Fed.

The Buffalo -> Mt. Kisco trip is not one I will be looking forward to, will probably be taking a train or bus into NYC, and then a train to Mt. Kisco. I will have pretty much no recourse if I want to reject delivery since I need a way to get home unless I can convince someone to drive me the 6 hours it takes to get there from Buffalo.
If you take Amtrak you could get off at Croton Harmon and take uber to Mount Kisco from there. Would probably shave 2 hours compared to going into Manhattan

I created an account a few days ago to try to add to the discussion here but lighting struck for me today. Original OD:4/28/2022 with EDD: July 30 - September 10. However, the local SA called me today to let me know that someone is likely going to cancel if I want it and I said yes with a delivery date for tomorrow. Apparently, there is someone in my area (Bakersfield) that placed an order but has declined the delivery multiple times in the past and his order is the same specifications as mine. Literally got my financing together, sold my car, and transferred over my insurance all in one day.

They also spotted a scratch on the wheel so they're overnighting another one from LA for pick up tomorrow. Definitely, the stars aligning for me today. I'll be hoping to share a little bit of luck for everyone here!

Good rates. Considering Fed raised the rate by 0.5% today

Good rates. Considering Fed raised the rate by 0.5% today

I went ahead and searched about 30 credit unions that anyone can join. The lowest I found were at most 1.99 APR for 60-ish month terms. There were a couple that were lower, but they are Austin based. (These are rates as of 5/4/2022). Who knows if they will change tomorrow.

I will most likely stick with DCU unless I'm compelled to go to GEFCU or if DCU raises their rates quite a bit and the others don't. It wasn't easy to find credit unions under 2%. The majority were not. IMHO, this confirms that anything around 2% is a very good rate contrary to what the other poster said.

GTFCU 2.04% Greater Texas Credit Union | Credit Cards, Loans, Mortgages...
Texans CU 2.09 Auto Loans | Texans Credit Union
Credit Union of Texas 1.99%
ACU Texas 1.99
Union Heritage 1.99 Auto Loans
Austin Telco 2.25
Capitol credit union 1.95% Capitol Credit Union | Personal & Business Finance
GEFCU 1.79 Who is Eligible | GEFCU
https://www.lmcu.org/personal/borrow/auto-rv-loans/ 1.99 lake michigan
Genisys CU 1.99 https://www.genisyscu.org/rates

I went down this list and stopped at Andrews Federal Credit Union.

So sick of waiting. It's driving me crazyyyyyyyyyyyy.
VIN: 240xxx

My EDD
April 27: April 27 - May 1
April 28: April 28 - May 2
April 29: April 29 - May 3
April 30: April 30 - May 4
May 1: May 1 - May 5
May 2: May 2 - May 6
May 3: May 3 - May 7
May 4: May 4 - May 8
I think your car is one of those missing the charging port. It should already sitting at your SC waiting for the part.

Glendale, AZ Tesla lot today (05/04/22). Arizona is definitely getting deliveries...just not mine and @JB from the AZ

Attachments

• IMG_3913.jpeg
    IMG_3913.jpeg
    253.1 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_3914.jpeg
    IMG_3914.jpeg
    212.4 KB · Views: 69
I think I just broke the pattern. I was just told ours with 236xxx has old lights.
I see we got our vins the same day. My od was 2/7 and my vin is 235***. When I first asked about it he told me the matrix headlights don't come on the 3/Y, just the S/X. Once I called bs he switched it up and said mine has it... needless to say I don't have faith and after what was told to you I'm really not confident now.

I personally got my VIN in the app 1 day after it showed up on source code. So waiting is also not a bad way to go lol.
I still don’t have the vin showing up in the app or on the web page. Tho I switched my payment method from finance to cash yesterday and today got the “ready for final payment” email today and found the purchase agreement in my account. Someone else I know also picking up in Vancouver and got vin and same edd movement with me on the same day didn’t get anything nor did their vin show up 🥺