Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Buffalo -> Mt. Kisco trip is not one I will be looking forward to, will probably be taking a train or bus into NYC, and then a train to Mt. Kisco. I will have pretty much no recourse if I want to reject delivery since I need a way to get home unless I can convince someone to drive me the 6 hours it takes to get there from Buffalo.
Yeah. Not looking forward to it either. I’ve said screw it and just gonna fly into JFK, then drive to Mt Kisco, then drive home.

Reactions: Neuro450
I thought LR 3 has been coming with Matrix headlights for awhile now? Not the case? What is being referred to here for someone who hasn't been following along?
See the thread below. Cars seen on the lots and some deliveries over the last 1-2 weeks have been coming with the older lights.

Reactions: Junior86
I think I just broke the pattern. I was just told ours with 236xxx has old lights.
I will admit this seems like an odd move for them. What did they find a box of old headlights in the warehouse?(probably next to the box containing the Lost Ark).

DA937459-0F7B-47CD-BFEC-EA12F5E21BA8.jpeg

The Buffalo -> Mt. Kisco trip is not one I will be looking forward to, will probably be taking a train or bus into NYC, and then a train to Mt. Kisco. I will have pretty much no recourse if I want to reject delivery since I need a way to get home unless I can convince someone to drive me the 6 hours it takes to get there from Buffalo.
I'm planning to drive my trade in car there and new car back. Will see how that goes.

I love this ML talk. I'd like to add that however strong the ML architecture is, it can only go as far as the historical data allows it to. With supply chain issues that are pretty unprecedented and with order and production volumes trending up, it is very hard to predict the future. I fully expect ML models' predictions to be more accurate than a human would be able to put together though.

I work in machine learning, and I wouldn't recommend a ML model here, at least as primary input. Not a stationary problem where predicting future conditional probability distributions is the item of interest.

It's more of a traditional resource planning/optimization problem. They could be doing solver runs weekly, and with something like this, it's GIGO. Small changes in constraints and assumptions can easily result in large changes in the individual item assignments, which are probably assignment of cars to transports in certain date buckets.

for those who got a vin already, how are you notified that one’s been assigned? Via text? Email? Carrier pigeon?
Furious page refresh plus checking source code to the tune of, in @T-J- ’s words — almost becoming a web-programmer

I personally got my VIN in the app 1 day after it showed up on source code. So waiting is also not a bad way to go lol.