Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks for this insight. I've recently read the Shanghai Factory is now working at 80% capacity, and operating in a "Beast Mode" pace so to speak, so hopefully the same can be said about the Matrix headlight manufacturer - albeit I've read both lights (new vs old) are built in Mexico. I'm eager to see what transpires in the weeks ahead, and certainly hope any/all Matrix headlight inventory is shipped by plane, not container, which can take months.
While digging around about the matrix headlights, I found a couple of links that said the new Model 3 and Y matrix lights were made by Samsung and supplied to Tesla via German brand Hella. I have read nothing official from Tesla that confirms that though.

Last edited:
If you don’t mind me asking are you set to cash or finance in your profile? Do you have a trade in? My OD was 3/1 and I’ve held on to your exact first EDD the entire time so far. Just curious between app refreshes as I try and read EDD tea leaves.
I initially had mine set for finance, but that just expired. So i'll probably change it cash and try to lock in a rate with my credit union rather than have another hard pull on my credit from Tesla. I was holding strong with my original EDD up until April 20, but at least now it's moving back towards the right direction.

Reactions: ChrgeMeUp
Correct, I just wrapped up my financing with my CU. They needed the MVPA and payment instructions. This was their first Tesla deal so they also needed to verify that their name was going to be on the lien. Section 5 line D on the MVPA is the only confirmation they will get - per tesla SA.
That's not a very good deal for me at all because I'm not going to have a locked rate and they've already pulled my credit. Frustrating, much like everything else during this wait!

Me: Any update on the delivery date or is my car in transit?
SA: No we are still waiting on that information but there are some delay due to parts.
Me: there are so many cars parked right out on the lot! I passed by and saw them. One of them must be mine!
SA: hmmm we can’t give it to you yet as it hasn’t passed the final inspection.

I think its fairly certain that my car is now at the delivery location and they are just waiting for the charge port part, otra its confirmation bias and I’m just lying to myself that the car actually exists somewhere.

Wonder if that is why my EDD hasnt moved for the Richmond location. More cars can not be delivered when the cars sitting on the lot is sitting around awaiting delivery…

A little birdie told me that Tesla is doing this on a regular basis. Apparently, there are a LOT of Teslas leaving the factory without charge ports (to charge the car). The idea is that the local Tesla dealers can install the part, and get the car out of the factory. Mine was supposed to be ready this week, and they already bumped my delivery time a week forward. Of course, I'm sure that this will also help Tesla's quarterly sales numbers. Note the complete lack of messages of people receiving completed cars here. My local Tesla dealer won't tell me whether other cars have a similar problem, but since there is no denial either, I think the problem is obvious. He also said that he would no longer schedule appointments for delivery from the store itself. Happy waiting!
What does he mean he's no longer going to schedule deliveries from the store itself? I don't understand that part...is he saying they will all be home deliveries?

Yeah, mine has never responded. I was given his email address and he’s prompt with emails. He told me the text’s are a huge dumping place so many get overlooked. Try to get email instead.
Don't mean to rub it in but mine always gets back within the hour. I live in Knoxville so in general, people as a whole (even big city transplants) are just a lot nicer. My SA is my store agent and if he's off for the day, another store agent gets back to me just as fast.

Here’s my conversation with the Richmond SA, they will neither confirm nor deny anything but I think I got a bit more information from them? This is the SA I’ve been in contact with and he knows I’m aware that my vin and MVPA are available already.

Me: Any update on the delivery date or is my car in transit?
SA: No we are still waiting on that information but there are some delay due to parts.
Me: there are so many cars parked right out on the lot! I passed by and saw them. One of them must be mine!
SA: hmmm we can’t give it to you yet as it hasn’t passed the final inspection.

I think its fairly certain that my car is now at the delivery location and they are just waiting for the charge port part, otra its confirmation bias and I’m just lying to myself that the car actually exists somewhere.
I'm fairly certain yours is there. Mine is 100% at my local.center...I've gotten confirmation from two people already. But they won't tell me what the holdup is (not like I don't know) only that it's being "prepped"...🙄

Reactions: PonoponoE
Yeah, I think they've forgotten about us here in SoCal. My latest EDD is 5/13-6/10.

My wall connector charger has been gathering dust for weeks now!!!
Sometimes I wonder if they make up these date ranges. We just had an electrician come out to install the 41-50 and I had already purchased the connector before they went on back order. He has been installing plenty of these lately.

Well, I'm still waiting on info from my SA. My car is in Indy, waiting on a charge port. She confirmed it doesn't have the matrix headlights. Built 4/23. Would be nice if they could at least tell me if they have tracking info on the chargeport piece. It only takes them 30min to install it according to the service center. I'm getting really frustrated. Seems easy enough to say, yes the part has been shipped, tracking indicates it'll be here in xx days, and we should be able to install within x days of arrival. That would help narrow down when I can expect delivery but they don't seem concerned. So close yet so far away... I'm done ranting
you will be getting it around 14th -15th May.

Received my wall charger today thinking I would need it soon. Silly me thinking the EDD dates are somewhat accurate. 😂
Btw I hope my car doesn’t come in like the charger did, little banged up….
509DDE7D-1857-46C9-B3B4-BA522A2445BD.jpeg