Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
hoping this is my second to last update…Ordered on 2/11 - MSM, black, 19”, no FSD - Philly- Website EDD- April
  • 2/21 update: 5/16-6/13
  • 3/8 update: 3/22-3/31
  • 3/12 update: 3/26-3/31
  • 3/13 received trade in text
  • 3/19 update: 4/25-5/30
  • 3/31 update: 4/27-5/25
  • 4/23 update: 5/17-6/14
  • 4/26 update: 5/5-5/19
  • 5/2 Vin received 247XXX. EDD 5/12-5/18
  • 5/7 delivery scheduled for 5/14

Wanted to update the group, I just took delivery today, and it was an amazing experience. Car has matrix headlights, mobile charger, and a nice delivery guy. Stay strong, the wait is worth it!

A3FCF464-48F6-4039-8469-B4FC1A51E752.jpeg

Thanks!

Absolutely, I was there about 15 min prior to my appointment so decided to just roam the lot looking for my car. Was kinda fun / nervous finding each white one, seeing old headlights, hoping it wasn’t mine when checking the VIN, then relief when it wasn't.

Eventually found it and did a good look over of the exterior and underside and then noticed it unlocked the car when I opened the app to double check the VIN was right. Did the interior inspection before heading in to sign the paperwork.

They give you as much time as you want. Keep in mind this is done outside. I got lucky it was the one sunny day of the week so probably spent more time checking out the exterior than I probably would’ve , had it be raining.
thanks -- yeah its been raining a lot in PNW this year. Thankfully today is sunny -- thanks for the answer!

Reactions: yvr_bbq
Since April 25th when I received my VIN, I've been in the same holding pattern of a 5 day window. Here's what I've learned via my near daily calls to the SA team:

1. They have a lot more info than they are willing to divulge. Be pleasant with them and you might get some extra crumbs to hold you over until delivery day.
2. Sooooo many different responses.
-Once I was able to confirm that my car had arrived at its final destination on the 26th they told me it needed an inspection and would just be a couple of days.
-Couple days later I was informed that there is a staffing shortage there and that they are closed Sun/Mon as a result. All of the staff shortage is in the service dept where all this pre-delivery inspection, corrections, or adding back in of missing components is done. Considering applying for a job to speed this up now.
-About a week later I was told that it actually needed a software update, which they would not permit me to do myself when I asked.
-I visited the dealership (or whatever it's called) a couple days ago and the lot was FULL of cars, I'm sorry I didn't think to look closer at any of the vehicles for any charging port or headlight issues (I just learned of both these today) but I did notice that most of them were brand new cars without license plates on them. The service center way in the back seemed to be humming along, but inside the showroom it was just a single SA sitting in this giant room by himself.
-On this visit, the SA (Frank) told me that the software update is a regulatory thing and is technically considered a recall, but people who already have cars will get theirs OTA but cars that haven't been delivered must be updated by Tesla before they can be delivered. I believe he said the specific issue was with the modem firmware, but now I am second-guessing myself as I spent the entire hour bus ride back to Seattle searching the web for a recall that fit the description.
3. My car was "born" on 4/22 but I got my VIN on 4/25 and it arrived at the dealership a day after that. The rep also confirmed the Ryzen chip for me (should be everyone now) but didn't know about the headlights so I just text the number instead. Still waiting for that response. This rep also said it was a combination of everything listed above causing the delays but maintained that it was just the software update that mine needed.
4. One of the times I called in, it asked me to type my zip code to verify before I spoke with anyone and the rep on that day was actually in my city, so that was odd.
5. In case no one noticed, you don't really have an assigned SA. They spoof a number into your local area code but if you text it, it is exactly the same as calling in and waiting for the next available person to help you. From the same phone number, I have received texts from the person who took my reservation, a phone rep and also the dude Frank from the other location where my car is waiting more patiently than I am.

Hope this helps in some way :p
Was this at Renton SC?

Looks like we are both waiting for the same car…

Just found out my May14-18 window for delivery is accurate but they are waiting in charging ports…
I just visited Tesla at my dealership in South Florida and my car actually just arrived one hour prior,BUT, they told me my delivery date was going to push out almost 2 weeks because they are waiting for parts to replace all of the charge ports in the model 3. My app has not updated with this information yet but the SA told me and I am appreciative and disappointed at the same time. Essentially I went from EDD 5/6-5/11 to 5/27 after charge port replacement. Is what is.

Randomly checked the app again today, and to my surprise there is another EDD update! Once again a short two-week window, and once again no VIN. Having gone through this song & dance once before, I reached out to my SA, who said they don't see anything in the inventory matching my configuration.
But on a whim, I went and checked the New inventory within 200 miles of my location, and it almost appears as though the Model 3 section is broken for all new cars, and for specifically just black paint in the Used section. So I'm unsure how reliable that Inventory list is.
In any case, I'll ignore this new date unless I get messaged with a VIN next week.

PS: I've seen some people manage to "pull" their VIN early, from looking at some source code somewhere. Can someone explain how and where exactly is that done?

I just visited Tesla at my dealership in South Florida and my car actually just arrived one hour prior,BUT, they told me my delivery date was going to push out almost 2 weeks because they are waiting for parts to replace all of the charge ports in the model 3. My app has not updated with this information yet but the SA told me and I am appreciative and disappointed at the same time. Essentially I went from EDD 5/6-5/11 to 5/27 after charge port replacement. Is what is.
What’s your vin 2xx?

Randomly checked the app again today, and to my surprise there is another EDD update! Once again a short two-week window, and once again no VIN. Having gone through this song & dance once before, I reached out to my SA, who said they don't see anything in the inventory matching my configuration.
But on a whim, I went and checked the New inventory within 200 miles of my location, and it almost appears as though the Model 3 section is broken for all new cars, and for specifically just black paint in the Used section. So I'm unsure how reliable that Inventory list is.
In any case, I'll ignore this new date unless I get messaged with a VIN next week.

PS: I've seen some people manage to "pull" their VIN early, from looking at some source code somewhere. Can someone explain how and where exactly is that done?

• Helpful
Reactions: Travis9x