Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today was a hectic day. I had just arrived home from grabbing a late breakfast around 10:30am PDT when I received a text stating my VIN had been assigned. I didn't have time to process things before my SA was calling me to go over final details. Apparently, my VIN was a cancellation because the initial owner is out of the country for two weeks and they wouldn't hold it for him. Feel bad for him, but I'll take it! It is ironic because I am leaving for Mexico next week and was worried I would get moved up while I was gone. :oops: I was impressed by just how easy it was to blow through the final three steps in the app. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. I spent the rest of the day hanging with the wife and kids at dinner and a movie (Dr. Strange). I didn't ask if it has matrix lamps and mobile connector, and don't really care either way honestly. I hope the rest of you get moved up soon! I'm graduating tomorrow, but still lurking this site. ☮️

An Accessoire recommendation for you all: first aid kit, reflective vests and a warn triangle or flares. Always good to be able to warn others in case of an accident. In my home country all these things are mandatory and are saving lives.
I was expecting the first aid kit to be standard too because it is mandatory in my country too. Will definitely maintain one especially because I heard of people getting cuts from trying to remove the aero covers.

Today was a hectic day. I had just arrived home from grabbing a late breakfast around 10:30am PDT when I received a text stating my VIN had been assigned. I didn't have time to process things before my SA was calling me to go over final details. Apparently, my VIN was a cancellation because the initial owner is out of the country for two weeks and they wouldn't hold it for him. Feel bad for him, but I'll take it! It is ironic because I am leaving for Mexico next week and was worried I would get moved up while I was gone. :oops: I was impressed by just how easy it was to blow through the final three steps in the app. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow at 1pm. I spent the rest of the day hanging with the wife and kids at dinner and a movie (Dr. Strange). I didn't ask if it has matrix lamps and mobile connector, and don't really care either way honestly. I hope the rest of you get moved up soon! I'm graduating tomorrow, but still lurking this site. ☮️
Woah nice- I am also in Salem, Oregon, and ordered on 3/4, but ordered the Midnight Silver Metalic, so that has to be why you are getting it so far ahead, beings as how you ordered the blue and I am guessing that is not as common of a color! Hope everything goes smoothly for you in PDX, will have to update me on how things go as i will hopefully be there soon myself! PS I was the first person to alert the PDX location that they were getting cars without the matrix headlights- they initially told me no i was wrong all model 3s get them, then i told them to go check their lot and they did, and the SA came back and said we stand corrected . . . At least they admitted it! ;-)

Reactions: jpaychek
Not sure where you want to go but there are handful of superchargers in and around town in the burbs. Our network isn’t quite as vast as you folks down south. I think if you’re planning a trip, see if the hotel you’re staying at offers charging. Whistler is also a great day trip or two in the summer too.
Thanks for the tip! Definitely looking forward to the national parks / mountains, and maybe the Vancouver Island as well.

Reactions: doodlebob424
Changed rims from 18" to 19" today. Interested to see the impact it has on our EDD.
A couple of weeks ago my EDD changed from may 14th - jun 11 to mid June- mid July. I changed my wheels a couple of days later and wait 2 days and the EDD changed to may 20 - jun 17.

It might have been the wheels that changed it but my OD was 3/5.

Fingers crossed for you.

Reactions: jpaychek and TSLone
My girl just got her vin. SA called and set up a pickup appointment for 5/10/22. We just ordered all the accessories off Amazon lol
Congrats! But does anyone know if it's normal for the turnaround between getting a VIN / getting a delivery appointment to be so quick?

I've had a VIN since last Wednesday, and the delivery window is still listed as May 8-14 with no further email, text, or phone call. Every available pre-delivery task was done by Thursday. Just worried something is wrong with my order.

Reactions: DaPlugg and M3Kat
Something to take your mind off EDD's for a moment.

Since my wall charger location was so close to the breaker panel, I decided I could do it myself and save some $$$. Total parts cost = 135.68. It took me almost three weeks of watching/re-watching youtube videos, figuring out/buying which parts were needed, returning those parts I found out I didn't need and buying other parts I realized I now needed. NOTE: 6 gauge wire is hard to bend and cut! Especially when you have light duty pliers/wirecutters. In the end, I bought the right tools, a day late and dollar short. Also, miscalculated wire length and found out my white wire (used for ground in this case) was too short and had to crimp a vinyl butt connector to extend it to the ground bar. Cinder block wall is a bit more challenging. Couldn't get a sharp 90 deg conduit bend to the adjoining wall, so there's an inch or two of exposed wiring. Not a totally pro install, but hey, it works! Too much fun! Now all I need is something to charge...:D

Note: Installed 60 amp breaker using 6/3 romex stranded wire so I can get the full 48 amp charge.

View attachment 801989
Wow! I live in So Cal and we had an electrician who puts them in weekly and found them under the Tesla website and we had to pull permits to have it installled. They take care of all that but $750 total cost.

Reactions: jpaychek
Has anyone here switched their order from RWD to LR through the design editor? Super young order here.

OD: 4/30
EDD: October 18 - December 13

My order was M3/RWD/MSM/18”/Black/No FSD and I modified it to M3/LR/MSM/19”/Black/No FSD.

Last I checked the LR EDD on the ordering page is Jul - Oct 2022, so I’m hoping at the very least I’d be on a new line for a different M3 that has a shorter EDD, though I’m still not going to expect it to arrive earlier than expected.
Yes, the EDD for M3LR shows July-Sept on the order page, but once you order it changes to September-October or something like that. 🙃