Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FWIW, I sent Tesla ([email protected]) two emails asking about a refund for the difference in the new wall charger pricing and they never responded but I just got a $95 credit to my Amex. I feel a little dirty considering my electric company is paying for the charger. As I mentioned in a previous post I'm going to chalk it up to payment for the inconvenience of having to wait so long for the delivery of the car. 😁
Absolutely! 👍

My initial estimate was Aug to Oct! It fluctuated a lot, by months, until it settled on this week. Hope yours changes to much sooner! Surely it depends on where you are located though.
Thanks based on your vin it looks like you got a canceled order but hey new car is a new car. I'm in long island don't seem to hear much in this forum about my area so idk. Enjoy the car very exciting

New poster, been lurking. Received VIN today! 252xxx. OD 2/17, EDD now 5/23-5/27.
M3LR, MSM, Black interior/ 18 Aero / No FSD.

SA had sent text on Saturday about a trade-in (I don't have one). EDD had narrowed to 2 weeks about 10 days ago, so I was getting excited. EDD was May 5-June 2 for the past 6-8 weeks with no changes.

Congrats! I feel my time is just around the corner. OD 2/23, EDD 5/16-6/13 for the same build. Granted I am in SoCal so likely there is a lot more people with orders than in Kentucky. Here's to all the mid and late Feb orders getting across the finish line by the end of May :)

Congrats! I feel my time is just around the corner. OD 2/23, EDD 5/16-6/13 for the same build. Granted I am in SoCal so likely there is a lot more people with orders than in Kentucky. Here's to all the mid and late Feb orders getting across the finish line by the end of May :)
Thanks! Yes, I don't know if it was good for me to find this site a few weeks ago or not. I'm optimistic, but concerned my car won't have the ECU and that will push out my delivery date. Being ignorant of the parts shortage might be a blessing! I'm going to proceed and just hope that I won't fall victim of the moving delivery date! FYI, for others reading, my pick-up is Cincinnati.

I hear ya! I've got the same build and picking up from Fremont, and I'm still patiently waiting for a VIN. I'm hoping for a big week for all us late February orders!

72 months is a quite a long term, so the rate will be higher than 36 or 48 regardless of financier. My credit union has 72 month at 2.6%, but 36 month at 1.89%. So there are places that provides loan cheaper than Tesla, but may not be that much cheaper if you take a 72 month loan.
There are a few banks that offer single tier rates regardless of term. I know I've mentioned them a few times, I assure you I don't work there 🤣. Starone Credit Union in Bay Area. They offer single rate (based on your credit) for any term up to 84 months.

They have approved me the next morning after filing out the application and now the loan is in underwriting. From my application experience, everything is online. They asked me to upload a scan of my license as a part of the application, so I assume they have the built in capability to get documents electronically. Will update you as I go along.
Nice! thanks for the update. Did you wait until you got your vin to start everything? I have a EDD of 6/6-7/4 but have a weird feeling its going to be sooner than that for some reason. So I don't want to be stuck not being prepped for financing :)

My OD was around late feb and I got my vin about 3 weeks ago. Soon after receiving the vin, I got a text from my SA saying my delivery will tentatively get pushed to week of may 18th due to "extensive firmware update". I follow up again for more details but no dice. SA keeps saying they will notify me once final inspections are completed and its been in that status for 2 weeks. Anyone had similar experiences? How long does it take to do final inspection? I feel like soemthing fishy is going on. any thoughts?

New poster, been lurking. Received VIN today! 252xxx. OD 2/17, EDD now 5/23-5/27.

SA had sent text on Saturday about a trade-in (I don't have one). EDD had narrowed to 2 weeks about 10 days ago, so I was getting excited. EDD was May 5-June 2 for the past 6-8 weeks with no changes.
East Coast? I'm 5/21-5/27, ATL. Just waiting to be able to schedule...

Scheduled delivery for Friday May 13 in Richmond!! Maybe the ECUs have finally arrived. However, after all the drama I’ve witnessed on different platforms, I won’t be surprised if it’s cancelled last minute but I really hope it’s real this time 🥹🥹
Friday the 13th…. What could go wrong? Just kidding, fingers crossed !

Hi All,

Following this thread and google order sheet.

M3LR | Deep Blue Metalic | All Back | 18'
OD: 2/27/22, EDD - May 23 - Jun 6
Delivery Location: Westchester-Mt. Kisco

Less than 2 weeks till my EDD, still no VIN yet. Did not find it in the source code either.

Are they others who are in a similar boat with no VIN assignment with less than 2 weeks till EDD?
M3LR/MSM/Black/Aero. OD:3/5, EDD:5/23-6/20. Still original EDD. No updates , No VIN

Nice. I’m in NY but same order date, same 5 day EDD dates and also a 252xxx VIN (but white exterior). Maybe they’re on the same train heading eastward now!

If that's why you want a Tesla, that's fine. Here's a list that I think might be a bit more mainstream and could explain why those apartment-dwellers would be interested in a Tesla.

20 Reasons Why You Should Buy a Tesla. | ProVsCons

Tesla is certainly aware of the use of their Supercharger network; they excel at collecting and analyzing data. They could come up with all sorts of solutions, and one of them might be to franchise Superchargers. Maybe call them something else, maybe set them up as slightly slower chargers, but the idea would be to open the floodgates of people who want to attract paying Tesla customers in a time when there are simply not enough Superchargers.

In other words, if Superchargers are turning from a feature to a burden, Tesla is going to act. The Supercharger network is one of the big draws for Tesla's vehicles.

Keep in mind that the current interface for managing clips is straight out of the stone age. There's a list and you can watch and delete clips. When I get a clip, I look at it and delete it. If I want to save one (which hasn't happened yet), I'm going to move it onto another device and delete it from the car.
A huge reason for me is I'll never have to buy gas again, sometimes getting it on my hand (from handle) or foot (puddle) and stinking the car up when it inevitably gets on the steering wheel or carpet.

I hear you, mine went to a 10 day window on the very first day of EDD. It might not have changed because Tesla was confident in the delivery range.
Just looking at the tea leaves it seems the edd might make sense. Late Feb early March seems to be getting May delivery. June looks like it will be late March and early April. I ordered late April and my EDD is July into August. Haven't seen a lot of May orders but the few I have seen seem to be saying August/September. So it seems like a relatively consistent 2.5 month waiting period overall.

Reactions: Junior86