Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the past week my EDD has been slipping for one day today it's May 11- May 15. Tomorrow it will change to May 12- May 16. This has been happening since May 3rd.
Right there with you - I have talked to 4 different SA's and emailed the local service center, none have given any timeline on when i can actually schedule pick-up besides "soon" we are officially 4 months since I have ordered.

Reactions: jpaychek
My earliest delivery date is still 3 weeks out ... thinking of changing the exterior color from white to red. I always wanted a red car, but initially picked white because I'd heard paint color would not matter for resale value and I wasn't willing to lose $2k. Do you guys think making the switch would delay or move up my delivery? No VIN assigned yet.

In your case, I think it may delay your delivery. You ordered only couple week after I did, and I have already been assigned a vin early this week. Also the fact that you are not far away from your latest EDD range.

It is correct that color doesn't add resale value, but to me is worth it to spend a little more to have a car that have the exterior color that I love, especially since I'm already spending 50k on it.

But for you now there is the added risk of a longer wait. If you can live with the white, I say just do it. Tesla white is actually really nice and my wife thinks it is a much better white than most other manufacturer white.

Reactions: jpaychek and Hiline
What's been the usual flow once you get your VIN for those of you that have? I got mine Sunday and found out just by checking my app. No one has reached out and my SA didn't reply to my text asking if they could let me know where the car is.

My EDD is 5/22 - 5/26, so was curious when they usually reach out to set up a delivery?
If your vehicle lacks the "charge port" hardware, then they will sit on your order until the hardware comes in and is installed. That's for certain. If the vehicle is complete, then they should contact you for a delivery date within just a few days after receiving a VIN. Given how crazy everything is right now, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything to go according to schedule. Right now, things are happening whenever they happen. The sheer volume of vehicles that they have at the delivery locations may contribute to a slowing of the process.

If your vehicle lacks the "charge port" hardware, then they will sit on your order until the hardware comes in and is installed. That's for certain. If the vehicle is complete, then they should contact you for a delivery date within just a few days after receiving a VIN. Given how crazy everything is right now, I wouldn't get my hopes up for anything to go according to schedule. Right now, things are happening whenever they happen. The sheer volume of vehicles that they have at the delivery locations may contribute to a slowing of the process.
Is it worth calling the location where I'm picking up - or is that just a pain for them?

My earliest delivery date is still 3 weeks out ... thinking of changing the exterior color from white to red. I always wanted a red car, but initially picked white because I'd heard paint color would not matter for resale value and I wasn't willing to lose $2k. Do you guys think making the switch would delay or move up my delivery? No VIN assigned yet.
Color does affect resale price on all cars. Check any car resale calculater and you will see color does affect price. It may not be much on common colors but it is still there.

• Informative
Reactions: jpaychek
Color does affect resale price on all cars. Check any car resale calculater and you will see color does affect price. It may not be much on common colors but it is still there.
It does apparently. I just checked on edmunds for a 2020 Model 3 LR. A red is worth about $200 less than a white, everything else staying the same.