Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I attended the 'Tesla Express Delivery' Teams meeting call last week, by Mt Kisco folks, and there were atleast 80+ people on the call taking delivery this weekend and next. The actual people taking delivery could much larger. So I am assuming that MT Kisco location capacity might be coming into play too and hopefully once the owners pickup their cars this weekend, they will likely be assigning new VINs over the weekend.

One unrelated thing, which I found funny was, people using their Teams display name as a couple's name: 'Mr and Mrs ABC'.

Another thing the folks at Mt Kisco told me, when I was scheduling the delivery was, at one of the 5pm timeslots there were already 8 people scheduled and hence you couldnt add any further. So I am assuming they will be moving like 40-50 cars everyday from location. That means inspecting 40-50 cars everyday and making sure they are ready for delivery.
You know, I have been curious as to what the delivery volume at Mt Kisco was. It seems that they heap a lot of the orders into the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. I think we are in the meat of it right now. And given the massive explosion of orders the last couple of months it’s going to be a struggle to get these out to the customers n a timely manner.

same here. VIN assigned 5/1 with my four day window 5/15-5/19. Uploaded my insurance docs and I haven't had any activity since. I texted the SA and got the standard "we'll let you know when we are ready to schedule delivery". I did stop by the service center earlier this week and I don't believe my car is on site, but there were others with new VINs than me, so what do I know?
I didn't try my SA yet since I'm still more than week out. There's another guy on Reddit that had an OD a few days before me picking up at the same place and I've been consistently tracking 3-7 days behind him. If that holds then I'd expect to hear something this weekend -- but I guess it really all depends on whether they're waiting for parts or what.

Reactions: Mwhusa and jpaychek
graduated! Upgraded to a Performance white on white, chatted to the tesla chat and they found me a car around my area. Ordered that on may 6th and had a window of may 6-11, they scheduled me for delivery for the 18th of May due to “logistic issues” but I kept bugging them everyday for 4 days until I called 888 number and Precilla handled everything and ended up taking delivery on the 10th. 235xxx VIN manufactured on April 2022 and has matrix, came with mobile charger even though initially they said it wouldn’t. No gaps and issues. This will be my second tesla because my 2021 got totaled. They paid me more than the price of my car so it didn’t hurt to upgrade. Thank God I had a tesla insurance I didnt have to deal with people lowballing me when it comes to settlement. Goodluck to everyone! For those who couldn’t wait. Try calling different locations around your area. I had found cars around my area but did not like the color so I ended up taking the one from the online chat. Try chatting on the website everyday too maybe they will find you a match.

Attachments

• 1B8A3A10-D12B-4BFC-9A9B-30C4073657B4.png
    1B8A3A10-D12B-4BFC-9A9B-30C4073657B4.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Had my 2 week window since May 5th and no sign of a VIN yet (app or website). I’m a late Feb order so I’m hoping by this weekend (Sunday) something will happen.
I'm in the same boat here, I have a 2 week window and a late Feb. order date. I'm hoping this waiting game is over soon.
Right there with you both. I’ve had the two week window since 4/30 but the novelty has worn off lol. Now gimme my vin!

You know, I have been curious as to what the delivery volume at Mt Kisco was. It seems that they heap a lot of the orders into the 2nd and 3rd months of each quarter. I think we are in the meat of it right now. And given the massive explosion of orders the last couple of months it’s going to be a struggle to get these out to the customers n a timely manner.

You guys shouldn't worry too much about volume. If it's anything like Indianapolis, they can crank them puppies OUT! I showed up 5 minutes early for my appointment, and the Tesla rep came and got me at exactly 12:30. He put my temp tag on while I transferred some accessories from my wifes car to the Tesla. He walked me through setting up my phone as a key. Said he was going to spend some time showing me features on the car and helping me get everything setup. I told him "thanks, but I've seen so many videos of this car, I could probably work here." He asked if there was anything he could help with then, and I said no thanks.... I speed-signed in all of the 324 required spots (which he had circled and little sticky note arrows pointing to... classy touch) and gave him the paperwork. I was on the road at 12:44. I doubt every experience goes that way, but I'm sure many of them do. All that to say.... the biggest thing that will come between you & your car is the wait for manufacturing, and then delivery from CA to your home state. Once it's actually at the delivery center, you should have it within just a couple of days. That is, as long as the ECU/Charging Port issue hasn't impacted your vehicle.

NKY/Cincinnati
OD:2/20
OG EDD:5/10-6/7
Current EDD: 5/17-5/31
M3LR,White, black interior, aero wheels, no fsd
No VIN yet- it’s day 80

The only communication I have had is the original congrats for ordering and a text 12 days ago to get my trade in info ready. How is everyone getting ahold of their SA? Im afraid it’s time to summon the Karen in me and start reaching out. Totally kidding(kinda)…

What do you think?
I have the same config and ordered 2/26. My only edd change was over the weekend to 5/23-6/6

Yesterday, my electrician finished the 240v install in my garage. I then hooked up the travel charger with a 14-50 connector. Hopefully, a connector will be included in my car. For my location, I saw a post here that cars will have chargers until the end of June.

I have range anxiety in Oregon and so I went with a second portable charger. I'm cheap too and do not need faster charging at $400 more.
I picked my my m3 LR black today, ordered on April 29 as an inventory it had the mobile charger.

I didn't try my SA yet since I'm still more than week out. There's another guy on Reddit that had an OD a few days before me picking up at the same place and I've been consistently tracking 3-7 days behind him. If that holds then I'd expect to hear something this weekend -- but I guess it really all depends on whether they're waiting for parts or what.
Yeah, there were maybe a dozen M3s at the lot, all marked "Charge Port", so i'm hoping that issue was resolved before mine was sent.

• Informative
Reactions: JB47394
I'm only sticking around to see if TJ ever gets a car.

No seriously - if you guys were hesitant about the 18" aero's.... I was pleasantly surprised. I bought the center cap things that are 1-piece and cover up the lugnuts and center cap. They're kind of Star-shaped if you catch my drift. Anyways.... I fully intended on yanking the Aeros off as soon as I got home. And then they grew on me. On the black especially, they look OK. I think I'm going to leave them on for a while. I was hunting for a set of the 20" wheels that come on the M3P, but now I don't think I'll spend the money. Take that for what it's worth.

ARGH .... spoke to my SA a couple of days ago and she said my car would be ready for delivery tomorrow 5/13. Just checked my account and now it says 5/23. Of course it's her day off so a different SA answered my email telling me that my car is waiting for the charge port.
OH WELL .... at least I confirmed in writing this time that I do have the global matrix lights.

I called it!
Woke up to EDD #9, and a two week window!!!! May 16 - 30!
I'm going to say that a VIN comes in the next 2 - 4 days.
C'mon Arizona love!!!!!
I was bummed that I started my window today and still no love. OD of 2/15 so 86 days and growing. They said April when I ordered. I’m starting to feel like the old man on the blog. It would explain why randomly my replies include “GET OFF MY LAWN!”

West Valley love. Come on down.

Picking up in Santa Barbara.

Ordered White on White March 2
Original window: Jun 6 - July 04
March 3: switched to Blue on White
March 3rd or 4th: EDD changed to May 9 - June 6
May 10: EDD changed to may 15 - May 29
May 11: Switched to MSM / White
May 11: VIN assigned (253xxx), delivery estimate May 11-may 17
Update: delivery apt confirmed for may 15th