Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
unfortunately for everyone in Japan the Yen has dropped significantly against both the USD and the Yuan since beginning of March. It looks like you are being hit with increases because of that on top of Tesla’s “inflation” increases.
100%. I kept monitoring the situation since October. I wanted to buy then, but I couldn't take delivery until the end of June, so I had to wait until mid-March to order. Long story short, the same car has gone from ¥5,300,000/$41,000 to ¥7,100,000/$55,000 (today).

The good news is that the estimated autonomy has increased from 580 km e to 689 km.

PI.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: TSLone and Junior86
Yes actually, I am shocked that they won’t do right by people and it’s people like you that just bends over and takes it…the reason they’re gonna keep it up. No matter how big you get you should ALWAYS do right by your customers…customer service can literally end a company. The mobile connector is definitely an issue as it is required to charge the car at home. How is it that folks are really ok with paying the inflated price that already includes that same omitted mobile connector then pay $200 or $400 or whatever for something that should have came with the car? Absolutely ludicrous but hey, there’s one born everyday right? What’s next? No tires included? 😂 If you’re having supply chain issues that’s fine, we all know what’s going on right now. You ship it to folks when you get it…simple. Same thing all reputable automakers are doing right now and not only that they’re giving you a discount on the price because of the inconvenience.

And actually I already have an EV (one in my opinion that’s better that I ordered waiting on this car and got first) and most likely won’t even be keeping this 3. Can’t sell my reservation and can’t get my money back so yea, my wife may want it but I doubt it. Price has increased by like $5k since I bought it so it should turn a nice profit because like you said, there are a million yous out here that will gladly take it. But hey, if you like it I love it…keep on keeping on. Soon you’ll have to buy the frame and all the other parts will be sold separately to assemble it lol
I apologize. I'll make sure to put a trigger warning in any posts that talk about headlights or charging cables for you.

Also, if you don't mind, could you put your order details in your signature? That helps people with data points in the forum. Thanks!

updated EDD this morning, 1 day push back. Then got the text to schedule delivery which I did for Monday at 3! It’s all happening!

Edit, also confirmed it has the matrix headlights.
Even though my OD is the last day of April, seeing a mid-March order (albeit nothing in your order is “Included”), kinda brings me some hope that next month we’ll certainly see April folks get their VINs and EDD changes. Though might get something for sure in July since I’m sitting right next with the May people.

Reactions: ZZ118
Well it happened. The best news this morning! I received my VIN. Also my EDD is now a 3 day window 05/16 - 05/19. I messaged my SA to see when is the earliest I can schedule a delivery. Light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping to pick up the car this weekend if I can. VIN# 253XXX

Update: I booked my delivery for next friday may 20 at 3pm! That was the earliest date I could pick which sucks but oh well its one more week of waiting... been waiting this long anyways so whats one more week right?

Contacted Tesla at Mount Kisco by phone today to discuss whether or not I should put a hold on my order because I will be away for two weeks, returning June 6th. My one-month EDD begins June 2nd. The SA advised me not to put a hold on the order, saying that it would be like stepping out of line, and when I got back in line I would not likely see my car until later in the summer. He said at Mount Kisco, NY, there is a two-week lag between VIN assignment and availability for taking delivery, so it is unlikely that I will be required to pick up the car at the beginning of June.
So I’m actually hoping for no EDD changes or VIN assignment for the next two weeks. This is such a fraught process.

I honestly don’t see resale values of these cars being affected at all. 99% of the population has no idea about headlights beyond perhaps knowing that LED is the “best” and most modern type. Tesla never advertised the car as being specced with matrix lights and it won’t show up on the Monroney sticker. We, on this forum, are a tiny fraction of future and current Tesla owners - Tesla is probably averaging something like 1500 Model 3 deliveries every day at this point.
If someone wants matrix and is offered a car without there is the option to reject the VIN which at least a couple people here have done. Yes you’d need to wait a little longer but the reason they are installing the reflector type lights is obviously due to supply chain issues. If they didn’t install reflector headlights to get the car out the door to the customer there would be no car to reject in the first place because the factory would have ground to a halt. i.e. it would have taken longer to get a car anyway.

The mobile connector isn't even an issue since they only aren't including it for orders made after the announcement that it isn't included anymore. So, while I agree a mobile connector should be included, anyone that ordered after the announcement date knew about the lack of a connector before ordering the vehicle.
As far as the lights, I'm basically "meh" on it. They're headlights. The car still looks the same with either type. They both light up the road. They're both LED.
The Tesla contract allegedly says that they can make changes however they like.
If these issues bother you that much, just cancel and buy something else. There are a lot of EV options out there now.
Tesla has a product that sells itself. Are you shocked if they aren't interested in doing "right by folks"? If you don't want the car, there are over a million people that would be happy to take it instead.
I think both of these posts have very strong merit. The vast majority of used ICE purchases have features/options buyers are unaware. The same will be with a Tesla. Two years from now, what will drive down the value of an EV is old battery technology vs new. If they come up with a whiz bang battery with super fast charging then those of us with ‘dated’ technology will see a huge drop in resale value. “Oh, it has the 2170 batteries, I want the new generation battery”. I seriously doubt someone will not buy a used Tesla due to matrix lights.
I’m with T-J, matrix lights are more of a novelty, not a must have. Like Steve Jobs once said, “If you don’t like the new iPhone, don’t buy one.”😜

It’s good to hear that LR orders from mid-Feb are being fulfilled, at least for myself and others coming from the RWD family, because Tesla’s game is deliver vehicles earlier to those who drop more money. But I’m well aware of the deliveries being backed up with all the shortages,

I think there is an extra problem with the RWD now that they switched to LFP: those battery packs are only made in China (CATL) as far as I know and there have been major covid lockdowns for weeks.

• Informative
Reactions: Junior86
my EDD changed for the first time this AM!

M3LR Blue, White, 18”, No FSD

OD-3/8
EDD 1 (received 3/10) 5/22-6/19

EDD 2 (received checking a couple mins ago) 5/27-6/10.

Nice two week range there
Where in NJ are you picking up from? I have the same order as you with about a week earlier order date. Mine is being delivered to Cherry Hill. My EDD updated to the same window this morning 05/27-06/10.

Reactions: jmaher
All done, pick up was successful besides the app not working (system wide Tesla was dealing with it) so they bypassed me getting to press the "accept delivery" button. They lady there seemed so confused when I told her some of you all have been waiting since January and February. Another guy was in there taking delivery who waited under 30 days as well (This is the Cleveland/Lyndhurst location) seems pretty normal for Clevelanders to get their cars in under 30 days.

Again my VIN 247xxx came with mobile charger, matrix lights, and had 0 charger port issues. Only 1 small line up from the rocker panel to the fender that was sticking out about 1/8" further than the other side but i dont really care about it.