Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want some more info on the hankook tires now. What model are they? Are they worse than the Michelins ?

looks like kinergy gt. They don't have acoustic foam unless there is a special Tesla version. Don't seem to be great reviews. But they seem to be less expensive than the Michelins on tirerack.

Michelin MXM4 in T1 Tesla model is $286.99 and is back-ordered. Hankook Kinergy GT is $222.99 and load index 94V

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: CEEV and jpaychek
looks like kinergy gt. They don't have acoustic foam unless there is a special Tesla version. Don't seem to be great reviews. But they seem to be much less expensive than the Michelins on tirerack.
There is a version with foam in the Model 3 aero wheel size.
C8C48941-BFE5-4210-9D60-F892D0FA9458.png

I'm relieved that you agree. Yes, all tasks are completed. I've actually never had an EDD "change". My first was what the website estimated at time of purchase. Now this one is what the website estimates for new orders today, which of course was triggered by my delivery center change.

My working theory is that my location, Iowa, where you can't take delivery unless all documents and steps towards purchase are finalized before the car gets within state lines, is the problem. Most people I know who own a Tesla took delivery in either Kansas City of Minneapolis, but for some reason I was assigned to Council Bluffs, IA.

Hoping my EDD "corrects" itself now that I'm picking up in Kansas City.
Have you tried reaching out to an SA? Maybe they can help shed some light on your generic EDD if it doesn't correct itself within a few days. Hoping the location change helps and speeds up your delivery!

I'm relieved that you agree. Yes, all tasks are completed. I've actually never had an EDD "change". My first was what the website estimated at time of purchase. Now this one is what the website estimates for new orders today, which of course was triggered by my delivery center change.

My working theory is that my location, Iowa, where you can't take delivery unless all documents and steps towards purchase are finalized before the car gets within state lines, is the problem. Most people I know who own a Tesla took delivery in either Kansas City of Minneapolis, but for some reason I was assigned to Council Bluffs, IA.

Hoping my EDD "corrects" itself now that I'm picking up in Kansas City.
I would still reach out to your SA if you haven't to see if everything looks good on their end. I wasn't offered anything other than Kansas City for my order despite being literally across the river from Council Bluffs.

My original order 5/22 was for a M3P, I made the swap to a SR+ on 7/12. My EDD did extend two weeks, it took about a day for it to change/pop up.

My take from it is that changing config can definitely change EDD. If you changed your config to a more back ordered trim then yes your EDD is going to increase.

It does seem like your original order date still takes precedence for priority.
Hi, I am trying to change from M3P to M3LR, but I already got car vin assigned and paid. I need to release the car and then change to M3LR, do u know how long does it take ?

hey guysss.. just poking my head in. picking up this Saturday @ ft laud location. So excited!! I see a lot of people getting VINs, along with a few push backs.. hoping everybody gets a speedy delivery!!! been out here waiting since 2/12... its almost over!!
Going to Fort Lauderdale as well but my order’s still a baby. The SAs there are so friendly, much preferred than Aventura. Lot is a bit tiny but it’s such a great pickup location. Congrats!

• Love
Reactions: mooseGG
NKY/ Cincinnati
M3LR, white, black interior, Aero wheels, no fsd
OD 2/20
OG EDD 5/10-6/7
2 week EDD: 5/17-5/31
VIN received today 5/16, 256xxx
4 day EDD: 5/29-6/2

According to SA the car is on the way from Fremont and can’t tell if the matrix headlights are on the car. 84 days from ODs to VIN. 🤞🏽 It’s a quick trip to Cincy without hiccups.

Reactions: ILMMYP and jpaychek
Random question... does anybody have insight into how Tesla salespeople are paid? I asked one of the salespeople today and he said they don't discuss their compensation to the public. I was just curious if they are paid commission per every car sale? Or is it just a salary that doesn't change regardless of how many cars you sell?

Random question... does anybody have insight into how Tesla salespeople are paid? I asked one of the salespeople today and he said they don't discuss their compensation to the public. I was just curious if they are paid commission per every car sale? Or is it just a salary that doesn't change regardless of how many cars you sell?
Here's the Glassdoor listing for Tesla Sales. It looks like most of their salary is on commission, with cash and stock bonuses padding it significantly. Of course, the value of the stock bonus has faded a bit of late. Average total is $51,600.

https://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Tesla-Sales-Salaries-E43129_D_KO6,11.htm

In an attempt to satisfy my Tesla appetite (since no car still), I went ahead and ordered MORE accessories😁.
Already have the windshield sunscreen, screen protector and cup holder insert.
Today I ordered the sport pedal covers, the floor mats and the air freshener.
Just need a car to put them in!
I did the same and got my VIN today ;)😀

What’s the norm for tinting an M3? Ceramic? What percentages etc?
Ceramic for sure. I’ll never go back to cheap/regular tint after having ceramic. The heat rejection difference is night and day.

Ceramic provides good heat rejection at even lighter tint levels so tint percentage is purely personal preference. I would say most go for the 20-35% range.

Reactions: ForestGump