Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heads up: the EDD on the building page has changed if you order now:

Base build: Oct 2022 - Jan 2023
Upgrades (wheels, color, etc.): Aug - Nov 2022
I was wondering when that was going to change. Seemed like it had been at July forever. The other thing I’ve been watching closely is the Tesla interest rate which is currently at 3.24%. I’m still on the fence about whether to finance or sell stock and pay cash but if the rate goes up much higher it will make that an easy decision!

Reactions: windjammer99
Has anyone with the charge port issue gotten anything in terms of a firm ETA? Worse than the constant delaying is the lack of transparency here ... there's no excuse for not telling people when the car that they bought for $60K will be delivered, let alone for giving people false confidence (and leading to costly plan changes) with blatantly inaccurate delivery date estimates.

I just don't see why it's so hard to say "Hey, so the part is set to arrive Thursday, and we'll have you ready to go Friday." Or even "The part probably won't arrive until end of this week, so I wouldn't plan on taking the car home until the end of next." This isn't a hypothetical at this point ... the car is literally sitting on the lot, so they know exactly what shape it's in and when it can realistically be passed to the customer.

I feel like I get more thorough updates for a $2 pair of socks I buy on Amazon
Another angle is ‘they’ don’t know when the parts will be in. If Tesla’s suppliers aren’t giving them a firm date, they can’t inform us.

Another angle is ‘they’ don’t know when the parts will be in. If Tesla’s suppliers aren’t giving them a firm date, they can’t inform us.
This is a good point. It is quite brave for Tesla to provide an EDD when there’s so much dependency in the entire manufacturing process. One thing gets delayed and lead time whiplashes to infinity.

Reactions: jpaychek
But this uncertainty should be reflected in the delivery date. And it's not. The estimated delivery date, in fact, reflects a high degree of certainty that the car is just about ready to go.

Today is 5/17. My estimated delivery date is 5/17-5/21. Which means Tesla is giving me reason to believe there's actually a legitimate chance the car will be delivered today, and no reason to believe it will be delivered later than Saturday.

Tesla should not be communicating that range if it does not already have the part ready to install, let alone if it doesn't even know when the part will be shipped. There is just zero reason to overpromise at this point, especially given that customers will be making plans and decisions based on that date.

When we say that peoples original EDDs are usually the most accurate, are we referring the very first EDD which is just a month range, or the first actual EDD you get a day or two after you place your order, which has individual dates?
We are talking the first specific date range. You can see if mine delivers on Fri as planned I will come in right at the end of my official range of 4/22-5/20. As I’ve watched over the last 3 months it’s crazy how wacky people’s date changes can be, and then settle right where they were initially projected.

84 days of waiting and now I'm finally a proud owner of a M3LR!!! :D

VIN #253 with matrix lights, Michelin tires and mobile charger. I haven't had much time to fully poke around the car yet so I haven't checked to see if it has the Ryzen chip but I'm assuming it does.

The car has just a minor issue with the charging port not being fully flush and scratch on one of the headlights. I've already scheduled a service visit to have at least the charge port issue fixed. The pickup process was relatively smooth other than a small nuance with my loan lender (Stanford Credit Union). The setup between SFCU and Tesla required me to accept the terms with an actual person.

I wish you all get your cars soon and without any major issues!

Adios peeps!

Almost every person gets their delivery during their initial EDD. It’s been pretty accurate based on all the people I’ve seen assigned a VIN in the last month or so. You can probably start getting excited and frustrated in August, maybe July. Also update your signature.
I wish I could remember my original EDD. I ordered on 3/15 and I am pretty sure it was April 2022 - June 15, 2022. At the time I was not aware of this site and the ever changing EDDs. My current EDD is June 10, 2022 - July 15, 2022. It has been this way for at least 3-4 weeks now. I am keeping my fingers crossed it will be soon. Two weeks ago I caved and paid the registration on my current car that is due the first week in June. Just want to know when I should start financing. My credit union already advised the rate is good for only 30 days; frustrating as the interest rate continues to climb.

OD 3/15 ~ M3LR, MSM, black interior, aero and no FSD; So Cal, OC area.