Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Day 81 and still no movement on my EDD since my last update. I hate reading the FL vehicles are still waiting for charge port modules. I’m 10 days from the start of my 2 week window and struggling to find the patience. 😩
Like I said, I'm 5 months waiting. Hopefully that 5/23 date they told me for my charge port ECU will be accurate. Either way I'm not holding my breath. This is my 3rd Tesla. My first Model S I waited years for ... I just take it in stride.

Where are you located? That could be a big factor as well. I’m NC and ordered 3/4 got my Vin two days ago. I would call the SC and speak to someone and figure out what’s going on.
I'm in Ft. Lauderdale. Honestly, I can't even remember when I got my VIN, I think earlier this month. Being my 3rd Tesla, I didn't check my account that often, maybe every couple of weeks. I've really only been monitoring more closely since I got the VIN. That's when I started calling S/A, not that they know anything. I've been promised the charge port ECU by 5/23. Now, I'm checking everyday so I don't miss the "schedule delivery" status since I've never gotten a single email, text, or anything ... not a single communication since I ordered the car back on 12/27. I would hate for them to say I didn't schedule pick up.

To add to this, it’s hard to define a base model. The white multi-coat white paint certainly costs more to put on than the single-coat MSM paint. The red costs minimally above the white, but it costs significantly more than the MSM.

If Tesla truly de-prioritizes lower-margin units, they should actually prioritize MSM over white, so if you change your color from white to MSM you should get an earlier EDD range.
I agree with everything except:

I bet it's a big difference. Red paint probably is slightly slower/more expensive at the paintshop, but nowhere near $2500 worth, maybe $500. And white interior is probably $100 or less more expensive than black, as only difference is material. So $3500 more revenue for $600 more cost (made up numbers but I think reasonable) is a big deal. Tesla now has large gross margins but it probably won't forever, might come down to $5000 per car (base) in a competitive market, typical of automakers, so adding $2900 in profit is a big improvement. Not as much as $12000 for $0 incremental cost but that's another story

Excellent points. For traditional auto makers the upgrades ARE the profit. I just have a feeling it’s different with Tesla’s model. Think of profit as a function of speed.

I don’t hard data so this is a guess. Let’s say a MSM M3 rolls off the back end every 39 seconds (average is 44.3) and a Red M3 rolls off every 55 seconds (total guess), there might not be hardly any extra profit when you think in terms of speed and max capacity. But, not everyone wants MSM so they need other colors and can only charge what the market will allow for color upgrades. If my guess is right, MSM might be more profitable due to speed of production.

My main point was that this thought process of speed and volume is spilled over into the delivery process. It’s not random chaos. It’s pure genius. Even though we are all impatient in here, Elon’s method is getting us cars is faster than any other method - until they improve their method.

Reactions: jpaychek
I woke up today to.....nothing new. When I went to bed last night I had a feeling that today was going to be VIN day. When I see people get VINs, it seems that they are usually a week or so out from the beginning of their two week EDD. That's what worries me with getting so close to mine. It seems you get 1 or two days into your EDD then, BOOM, new EDD.

Have not heard anything but very generic updates from my SA and the 888 number, so I'm fully expecting my delivery date to just shift to 5/19-5/23 at 10AM ET, as has been the case every day for about a week.

This is so many degrees of unacceptable, and it's weird to me that there's no mainstream attention about what's going on here. How a considerable number of electric cars were shipped without a charge port, how this issue has persisted for a week with no updates, why I've gotten mixed messages about what's happening, why there's no tracking on where this part is, why the delivery date isn't being updated to accurately reflect the situation, why Tesla is delivering cars that were produced AFTER those with the charge port issue, or why those affected have not been fast-tracked to new vehicles are all questions that warrant immediate answers.

You can always split up your direct deposit. I prefer to pay my auto loan from the same lender if possible. Just put in the direct deposit amount slightly greater than your auto loan amount.
Wait I'm not sure I follow this. So have my check deposited into DCU, then do a transfer to Chase minus the car payment?

For example: (just to see if I am following correctly)

Check 1: 2K on 6.1.22
Minus car payment ET: $700
Transfer $1300 to chase

Check 2: 2K 6.15.22
Transfer $2K to chase

Rinse/repeat for the life of the loan, and cancel DCU when the loan is paid off?

If so, how long do the transfers to the other bank account take?

Wait I'm not sure I follow this. So have my check deposited into DCU, then do a transfer to Chase minus the car payment?

Transfer $1300 to chase

Transfer $2K to chase

Rinse/repeat for the life of the loan, and cancel DCU when the loan is paid off?

Typically your employer can split your direct deposit into 2 accounts. Your HR or payroll dept. would know how and have the forms.

Transfer $1300 to chase

Transfer $2K to chase

You can do that. ACH transfers usually take like 3-5 business days to clear.

But as the other poster said usually your payroll department can split your paycheck into two (or more) accounts. Typically either by a fixed dollar amount or percentage.

Reactions: Not That M3
Have not heard anything but very generic updates from my SA and the 888 number, so I'm fully expecting my delivery date to just shift to 5/19-5/23 at 10AM ET, as has been the case every day for about a week.

This is so many degrees of unacceptable, and it's weird to me that there's no mainstream attention about what's going on here. How a considerable number of electric cars were shipped without a charge port, how this issue has persisted for a week with no updates, why I've gotten mixed messages about what's happening, why there's no tracking on where this part is, why the delivery date isn't being updated to accurately reflect the situation, why Tesla is delivering cars that were produced AFTER those with the charge port issue, or why those affected have not been fast-tracked to new vehicles are all questions that warrant immediate answers.
Nothing newsworthy about this. Seriously. You're acting out based on emotion. Would you feel better if the exact same thing had happened but instead of telling you it's there (just without an ECU), they never told you at all until it was ready for pickup?
You're not out any money, so there isn't any loss.
Frustration is one thing (trust me, at least you know your car exists!), but considering the current state of the world, nothing about this is unusual.
Also, put your deets in your sign. KGR8THX

Some slight EDD movement today. Previously, I had a 2 week EDD of May 18 - June 1. This morning it updated to May 22 - June 3.

Annoying that the EDD window shifted out by a couple of days, but going from a 14 day window to a 12 day window seems like a good sign. I’ll hopefully see a VIN soon.
My EDD also changed slightly. It was EDD May 20-June 3 and now it's May 24-June 7. Pickup in Oregon so maybe a shipping issue; or maybe a longer MSM manufacturing run. Since others have had numerous adjustments to EDD, I'm not getting my hopes up yet.