Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Graduation day
OOD: March 9
M3LR 18” blue black FSD

Attachments

• FE9FA6B1-A351-4BC3-8032-36A4B46F201E.jpeg
    FE9FA6B1-A351-4BC3-8032-36A4B46F201E.jpeg
    586.1 KB · Views: 104
So while I told myself I didn't care which headlights came on the car... because I don't plan on declining the car for that reason (mostly because I've waited this long and I can no longer deal with sharing one car between my wife and I lol) Curiosity did get the best of me, and since I do have my vin now I decided to reach out to tesla and ask if they can confirm if my car will have the matrix headlights, in which the SA did look at the config/specs of my car and did confirm my car has them. Hoping that's 100% accurate, but she was very sure. That being said, hopefully this helps put others at ease that have a vin range near me or after mine.
But then I get this text from an SA just now when I messaged them about this yesterday (before I decided to call)

“Hi , unfortunately we are not able to confirm headlight information as it is not shown on the diagnostics. We are receiving a mix of vehicles with and without the matrix headlights so it's not possible to say.”

Do some SA’s just have no idea?? It’s aggravating that some say one thing. Others say another. Whatever, Fingers crossed I have the matrix but not a deal breaker.

Curious on your trade in offer - did you get a fair price on that? Wife ordered a Y and we have a 2017 explorer we plan on trading in for that Y. Was it close to say KBB prices? I'm aware that with Tesla its a trade they take in and they just sell it off in bulk/auction.
I had just sold my Jeep back to the CarMax that sold it to me. It was a great offer (more than I paid for it…two years ago). So not sure on Tesla’s trade values but I do recommend trying CarMax.

I’m running out of accessories to buy….

cup holder, trash can, puddle lights, stttt
I’m running out of accessories to buy….
  • Jack pucks
  • Center console organizer
  • 3D Spyder floor mats
  • Wheel nut and hub covers
  • Screen protector
  • Roof sunshade
  • Rear seat pet protector
  • Performance foot pedals
Anything else I might be missing?
This was my list (primary with alternatives) a little while ago, though I'm now leaning toward powder coating my Sport wheels...

So when you got your VIN did you get insurance asap or wait to closer to delivery?
My SA told me to wait until it's confirmed that your vehicle is in the lot and has passed inspection and is ready for delivery - basically 24 hours before the delivery date you schedule manually.
So has the headlight issue gotten worse or better? As in, are more recent deliveries getting matrix or the old ones? On a side note, does the Canadian market get vehicles that are built on a different line therefore different/older vins ?
Looking at the spreadsheet, not that I can see.
Looks like the VIN# you get is associated with the time the car is made/assigned, not the date you ordered.
1653093459362.png

For example, looking at assigned VIN#s last Feb. you can see that the variation in VIN# is bigger between states than between US and Canada.