Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those who have already scheduled or taken delivery, how did the payment process work? I'd prefer not to have to submit payment via the app prior to inspecting the car, but I can't find any other method on the desktop site either.

Is there no way to show up with a cashiers check or something on day of delivery?
I was told numerous times over the last few weeks that showing up with a cashier’s check is fine. It’s what I’m doing. Ignore the warning to complete payment to avoid delivery delay.

How long after the trade in text did you get the VIN? I just got the text today. Hoping the VIN will be assigned soon.
I’ve seen it all across the board and I haven’t seen much of a correlation between the trade in text and the vin, but that being said, I got my vin 10 days after I got the trade in text. Some got it same day, some a few days after. Etc.

You're exactly right, I just don't find the benefit in FSD, especially at the price point. The most beneficial point of FSD is just the lane changes on the highways. I'm not at all interested, nor do I trust the system to drive on city streets. As far as AB, I loved it and the new Model 3 is probably going to get AB almost as fast as I can get it home LOL.
Having now driven 300 miles (and yes I need to grab a computer and update the spreadsheet still). FSD is definitely worthless for a person who likes speed. Autopilot is limited to 80. Note you can push it to 90 if you stay with your foot on the accelerator but if not you are limited. In AZ where rural speeds are 75 and traveling to TX to visit family where speed limit is 80. Who goes 80? If I wanted that I would have gotten a Nissan Leaf. Lol.

Things I’ve learned in 300 miles:
The car is grand. 93 days was worth the wait. Just hold steady. Ride is good. Road sound is above avg with the 18s. I’ve had custom wheels on everything and sound was much worse. I tried to self wash my car today. Fail. I’ll be looking for a touch less. Bring your mats with you. I got the Sobervoy from Amazon when they were half off and love them. Even now at 259 for 6 is a good deal. My one silly purchase was the Carwiner Tesla puddle lights. They bring a smile to my face at night when I open the door. I got a couple different sets of console organizers. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

I’m thinking mud flaps are a good have even if there is no snow or rain here. When washing today I saw the buildup of crud on the paint by the corners. Also need to select something for cup holder so things don’t flop around, however my 32 oz yeti fits perfect.

I’m 10 pages behind reading through notes still and the suspense is killing me - did he or didn’t TJ get a Vin yet. Lol

I’ve appreciated this blog and am thankful to you all. Wanted to do my part before I graduate out.

#blessed.

Good Luck with the delivery! Our car had a 227654 VIN and we went for pick up on May 14. Very disappointing with misaligned glass and paint defects. We ended up with a new delivery window that was a couple weeks later than our original one. (this delivery date was from someone who declined delivery) The build date on our car was 4/7/2022. Take your TIME with going over the car! I am sure you will be happy with it!

Connect with @ColoradoMike and compare VINs as he recently rejected one for paint issues..
I had been following him on this too since it was the same paint but different wheels, thanks. It looks like Mike had a 227xxx VIN.

The VIN I have received is a 248xxx but I am still weary its a reject and will have to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Just got text'd the VIN a few minutes ago which is a relief which means I can guarantee my loan rate finally which would have expired at end of the month.
I have to wait till Monday when my CU is open to finalize the loan.

OD: 3/4
EDD 1: 5/22-6/19
EDD 2 5/13 2 Week: 5/18-6/1
EDD 3 5/19 : 5/21/-6/02
EDD 4 5/21 : Assigned VIN 5/24-5/28
VIN 260XXX
M3LR/Blue/Black/Aero/No FSD/Portland, OR
Local CU rate locked at 2.5% till end of May

Having now driven 300 miles (and yes I need to grab a computer and update the spreadsheet still). FSD is definitely worthless for a person who likes speed. Autopilot is limited to 80. Note you can push it to 90 if you stay with your foot on the accelerator but if not you are limited. In AZ where rural speeds are 75 and traveling to TX to visit family where speed limit is 80. Who goes 80? If I wanted that I would have gotten a Nissan Leaf. Lol.

Things I’ve learned in 300 miles:
The car is grand. 93 days was worth the wait. Just hold steady. Ride is good. Road sound is above avg with the 18s. I’ve had custom wheels on everything and sound was much worse. I tried to self wash my car today. Fail. I’ll be looking for a touch less. Bring your mats with you. I got the Sobervoy from Amazon when they were half off and love them. Even now at 259 for 6 is a good deal. My one silly purchase was the Carwiner Tesla puddle lights. They bring a smile to my face at night when I open the door. I got a couple different sets of console organizers. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of them.

I’m thinking mud flaps are a good have even if there is no snow or rain here. When washing today I saw the buildup of crud on the paint by the corners. Also need to select something for cup holder so things don’t flop around, however my 32 oz yeti fits perfect.

I’m 10 pages behind reading through notes still and the suspense is killing me - did he or didn’t TJ get a Vin yet. Lol

I’ve appreciated this blog and am thankful to you all. Wanted to do my part before I graduate out.

#blessed.
No, he didn’t.
🤣

How long after the trade in text did you get the VIN? I just got the text today. Hoping the VIN will be assigned soon.
How long, oh about a month, I don’t think it maters at all. I did get a great trade in for my Infiniti Q50. I think they are in demand in this area. I see quite a few of them. I am actually going to miss it, the best car I ever owned.

Suspense is killing me: what went wrong?
Probably just a small problem with the hose.

585C79BC-D6D5-433F-A33A-00F65ACB21BD.gif