Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up the car yesterday with checklist in hand. Seamless delivery, no matrix but I'm fine with that. Like all have said it truly is fun to drive and I don't even know half the things it does other than what I have learned here and you tube. I do recommend the Cnik Tesla ring. I love it. No keys, no phone no problem. I got lucky and found one on ebay in white pearl in the right size for $60. So worth it to me.
Congrats, I know the worth was definitely worth it. Were there a lot of cars at the Camarillo location? That’s where I chose as my delivery location…hopefully I’ll get assigned a VIN over the next week or two.

Nah. Don't ascribe maliciousness to Tesla when it has been hit by a global supply chain disruption. Remember that the supply chain shock is largely a result of just-in-time logistics. Tesla gets 10,000 chips from the chip supplier so they can build 10,000 ECUs and install them in 10,000 cars. Each month, they get just enough chips for the cars they're building. They don't have spares. To address having cars sitting in parking lots without ECUs, they have to get more chips from the chip supplier despite the fact that the chip supplier is busy building chips for other customers who are clamoring for chips for their products. Where are they going to get the chips they need for the ECUs that are supposed to go into your car? Tesla doesn't know.

That's my theory. It explains the current situation without requiring the people running Tesla to be a bunch of malicious teenagers.

It's a lousy situation for you and I cannot even imagine how frustrating it is. I hope Tesla has the means to sort it out quickly and get you behind the wheel.
This post with all the references to chips is making me hungry 🤤

I got a text message on Monday to book an appointment and the only option was June 4th. It says it's tentative pending on arrival and inspection. I don't have a VIN yet, is that normal?
Check your account page source code for a VIN.

Reactions: AmFern
What frustrates people is the manner in which Tesla has been communicating this issue.
I don't like the way Tesla is treating you and others waiting for charge ports. I'm a fan of the cars, Musk and the brand not so much. Even with supply chain and labor shortages, they could do better with corporate consistency. I hope by the time I buy my next car there will be an alternative make that can compete on price and product.

Last edited:
Check your account page source code for a VIN.

Thanks for sharing. It did work; I found the VIN in the source code. Hopefully it gets posted to the app soon.

Picked up the car yesterday with checklist in hand. Seamless delivery, no matrix but I'm fine with that. Like all have said it truly is fun to drive and I don't even know half the things it does other than what I have learned here and you tube. I do recommend the Cnik Tesla ring. I love it. No keys, no phone no problem. I got lucky and found one on ebay in white pearl in the right size for $60. So worth it to me.
The shoes haha!

Congrats! Can you share your OD and EDD progress in your signature?
Congrats! Can you share your OD and EDD progress in your signature?
I don't have that option yet but here: Config: - M3LR AWD - MSM- White Interior - 18" Aero Wheels - No FSD OD: 03/12/2022 EDD #1 (Jun 1 - June 29) EDD #2 (May 14 - June 18) EDD#3 (May 31- June 28) EDD#4 (June 6 - June 20) EDD#5 VIN Received (June 11- June 15 )