Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got my VIN - 268xxx for an M3LR MSM black interior with 18" aeros no FSD. Order was placed on 3/12 with an original EDD of May 25 - June 22 which changed once to June 11 - June 25. As soon as VIN was sent, EDD changed to June 16 - June 20. I am in central NC. Will update as we progress and HOPEFULLY end up with a functioning car with charge port ECU/matrix headlights and no hiccups on 6/16!
Congrats! I hope this is another sign that I will se a VIN soon. Seems like everyone else in NC is getting theirs!

Be prepared to adapt your driving style to Tesla's algorithm if you want to chase the highest scores - and the lowest rates. The fact that the algorithm can be on the mind of a driver is a bad thing. It's certainly on my mind when I drive because I want to get into the FSD Beta program, and I'm definitely driving less safely as a result of the algorithm.
That doesn’t apply to California. I think that’s the only state in which Tesla isn’t allowed to give/adjust rate based on your driving score.

Your parked Tesla will soon automatically close its windows when it starts to rain.​

Just a little info that is being passed around today.
So basically he will forget about the tweet and we’ll never get it (like track mode for AB). Or if it does happen it won’t work properly anyways because the rain sensor via camera is garbage. 🙃

That doesn’t apply to California. I think that’s the only state in which Tesla isn’t allowed to give/adjust rate based on your driving score.
You said something along those lines in your post, but I interpreted it as a statement about other insurers not being able to do it, meaning that the score was going to help. My apologies, and thanks for the clarification.

OD 5/20. EDD Sept 11 / Oct
I have a MYLR on order but after renting a MYLR the weekend I realized the M3LR would suit my needs better. Cant wait.
Did you order a MYLR and switch that same order to M3LR? Or did you forfeit the $250 for the MY and drop another $250 for the M3?
Tesla wont let you switch the order. Unfortunately you forfeit the $250. I havent cancel the MYLR order as I got it before the 4K increase so maybe its worth keeping. Eventually I will have to cancel one.

I have a MYLR on order but after renting a MYLR the weekend I realized the M3LR would suit my needs better. Cant wait.

Tesla wont let you switch the order. Unfortunately you forfeit the $250. I havent cancel the MYLR order as I got it before the 4K increase so maybe its worth keeping. Eventually I will have to cancel one.
You did the right thing. If in the future you want to get rid of that order, lmk - I may need to get a Model Y at some point.

If you can qualify for loans on both of them, you could easily flip the MYLR for a decent profit.

Hi All! Brand new here. We just placed our order yesterday for the M3LR, Pearl White, 18" Aero Wheels, Black & White Interior, with FSD. It's giving us an EDD of Oct 26 - Dec 21. We're super stoked! How long did it take people generally to get assigned a person and get a VIN number?
Welcome! Here is some info on putting your details on the order spreadsheet and also you can look over the spreadsheet to get an idea of how long most of us waited from order to VIN and/or delivery.

Best of luck!

Reactions: CEEV and Maric
Hi All! Brand new here. We just placed our order yesterday for the M3LR, Pearl White, 18" Aero Wheels, Black & White Interior, with FSD. It's giving us an EDD of Oct 26 - Dec 21. We're super stoked! How long did it take people generally to get assigned a person and get a VIN number?
I couldn’t help but chuckle. If you want to know how life is with a Tesla order, go back about a month and start reading posts. You will be shocked at what you read, dismayed at the roller coaster EDDs, and fretful the day will ever come. Your in the middle of the ‘Gas Price Order Surge’ and the part shortage is still raging. Hang in there as nobody has posted the stress of waiting was not worth it. The M3LR is the 2nd fastest way to get a Tesla so don’t forget what MY, MS, MX buyers are going through. Good Luck 👍 and keep the faith!