Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called the 800 number and spoke to a really nice rep about my car. We went over some basic info on the process and she was telling me my car is still in the factory and will soon start its journey over to the east coast. She couldn't tell me a lot about any possible issues but what she could see is no current issues that would delay delivery like the charge port ecu problem. She told me congrats about five times and I have to admit I smiled each time. 😀

It will be interesting to see how long it takes to cross the country. They need a tracker like the pizza restaurants have. lol

You are assigned a service advisor as soon as you receive your text welcoming you to "the Tesla family". Just reply to that text and you'll be talking to your SA. They have a bunch of other people who are also waiting for vehicles, so don't expect anything real time through texting. That said, replies that I got through texting were always helpful and friendly.

I think VINs are going out at around the 80 day mark now.

Unsafe following is one of the four metrics of the Safety Score. I don't qualify for "safe following" because I'm usually not following anyone at all (within 3 seconds travel time). But I get dinged for "unsafe following" whenever somebody pulls in tight in front of me (within 1 second travel time). That means I normally accumulate "unsafe following" points with no "safe following" points to balance them out. To get the safe points, I have to go find somebody and follow them. I then spend time in the crazy lanes at higher speeds than I would normally go, rigorously trying to maintain a 2 second follow distance.

1. My attention is on the wrong thing. I'm essentially driving distracted.
2. The car's efficiency is reduced at higher speeds.
3. I can't use cruise control because that handles following.

Another way of approaching this would be to use cruise control religiously so that unsafe following is never an issue. If somebody pulls in front of me I don't get dinged for unsafe following because the cruise control is responsible. Unfortunately, I don't trust the automatics that much yet. One phantom braking event in tight traffic is not going to end well.

I heard that one guy avoids getting dinged by playing the game of turning on cruise control whenever he sees somebody about to pull into the lane in front of him. We're ending up spending more time fiddling with the car's controls, not less.
Out of curiosity. If you don’t trust the system why are you trying to get into the Beta in the first place?

Reactions: TSLone
I really shouldn't be this excited but I can't help it. It's really happening! 🤩🎉

Screenshot_20220531-114114_Messages~2.jpg

Wooo. Finally got my first 2 week window. Guess all I had to do was complain on the forums and sleep 🤣. @T-J- VIN this morning???? My window is June 9-23, so figure yours has to be about a week before mine.

I just got my 2 week Window. June 10-24. March order. M3 AWD White, Black, Aero. Phoenix.

I've changed the config probably 4 times deciding between AWD / RWD but settled on AWD finally. Finally going to do a test drive today at the Tesla shop :)

I just got my 2 week Window. June 10-24. March order. M3 AWD White, Black, Aero. Phoenix.

I've changed the config probably 4 times deciding between AWD / RWD but settled on AWD finally. Finally going to do a test drive today at the Tesla shop :)
Funny enough before I declared 5/12 my final decision on what build I want, I switched my build that many times as well. A bunch of "I think I can finance a LR" and "No wait I can't, going back to RWD."

Then since 5/12, I am still on LR.

Reactions: jpaychek and kevroc
Had an appointment to pickup tomorrow morning and just got a call that my pickup has been delayed for 10 days because they found an issue with my car in the service center and now need run diagnostics.
What was actually wrong with the car the SA was not able to say... pretty annoying :mad:
Anyone in Socal get this last minute carpet pull?
Here is NorCal near Fremont factory, very similar situation to me, pushed it back a week, SA kinda annoying... SCAMMER!!!

Reactions: gabeurl
Take that with a grain of salt. Yes the vins now are going out but there was a huge surge in orders after March. Your edd is likely accurate at this point as the wait time appears to be over 100 days now
Yeah, I neglected to count in the folks on the west coast who are still waiting for VINs. So I guess the number is between 80 and 100 right now, subject to whether Tesla does east coast or west coast orders first, and also subject to order flow, supply chain issues, staffing issues, asteroid strikes and zombie uprisings. The usual.
Out of curiosity. If you don’t trust the system why are you trying to get into the Beta in the first place?
For the adventure of it. I find all the technology in the car fascinating. As a software engineer who started out on punched cards in college, playing with a car that can do image processing, inference, planning and execution in real time is very cool. Watching the FSD stuff grow up has been a lot of fun for me, and I hope that being able to experience it on each update will be equally fun.

For day to day driving, however, I want a reliable, brain dead system. I'd take a traditional speed-keeping system in a heartbeat. That's probably 20% of my driving workload right there.

It's too late for Kieran to change anything, but for others, I caution you to not send payment for a vehicle that you have not inspected. Just wait for the car to reach the delivery location, look it over to your satisfaction and THEN pay for it. The money is Tesla's incentive to keep that vehicle moving through the pipe.
Picked it up yesterday with no issues. Very happy camper!

266 here as well. We've had one person report that their SA said it didn't have matrix and mine told me that my car does have them.
Lol, I'm afraid to ask about the headlights. The reflector ones have been fine on my 2019 M3, but part of why I ordered this car was to get all of the new and improved stuff. Fingers crossed!